Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/15/2013 in all areas

  1. Guest
    Flight Deck isn't being removed. The ride celebrates its 20th annivesary season in 2013.
  2. Photo #14 - Outer Limits Flight of Fear announcement ceremony, the "alien capsule" held the crop circle designs. (More to be posted if there's a interest) Photo #15 - Eiffel Tower Early 1970's
  3. Kings Island: 1 KI Fans: 0
  4. What do you mean, "if" there's an interest? This is Kings Island FREAKIN' CENTRAL! Of course there's an interest! Let's see 'em!
  5. They sure are the TOPGUN ride operator uniforms. What do you mean, "if" there's an interest? This is Kings Island FREAKIN' CENTRAL! Of course there's an interest! Let's see 'em! Department 47 (Flight of Fear) has a rather complex back-story and lots of details some probably have never even noticed before perhaps I'll do a photo TR on just FOF at some point. Esp this past season I have come to appreciate it even more. It and Express are in my opinion the last "themed" rides in the park.
  6. Yes, there is interest! Please share.
  7. The Great Don has spoken!
  8. Flying Eagles would fit quite nicely in my backyard. Plus, with as much wind as I sometimes get on that side of the house, we could really get those things snapping!
  9. I'm still hopeful for a B&M Floorless roller coaster. Ohio needs one since we don't have Dominator anymore.
  10. Easy: Firehawk... Hard: ...At night... Expert: ...With fireworks in the background!
  11. Photo #14 Lets see if anyone can guess what this is from, before I explain the photo.
  12. I would like a big, nice, sit-down restaurant with a nice view like the Crown Colony Restaurant in BGA http://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-tampa/Dine-and-Shop/Dining/Crown-Colony-Restaurant
  13. Ok my bad. I just have been reading this topic off and on and have taken it seriously lately. I need to relax!
  14. Am I missing something here? When did the park say that they might remove Vortex in the future? AFAIK, this is/was purely a Screamscape rumor. I know nothing about the park having ever said anything about it.
  15. SoB is down and the station is being used. Vortex has stopped sinking. TR is no more, and the building is being used. There is no new ride for 2013 & FD will be here for it's 20th. It seems to be time for the Tower Johnny talk to start up.
  16. So I was a few years off. Were those two people in that picture wearing the old flight suits that the Flight Deck/Top Gun crews used to wear?
  17. I can go for one of those. All the pictures I searched for of floorless coasters look pretty gnarly. If it is going in the spot once occupied by SoB, I hope it is unique, massive, and epic just like SoB was.
  18. Glad to hear. Flight Deck has really grown on me this past season, as I seemed to enjoy it the more times I rode it. (but not all in the same day lol) I really like how it is hidden, makes it my go-to when the park is crowded. I'm curious to see if it will remain my gem with the area being cleared around it now though.
  19. Oh, good. I'm good at carrying on! Terp, whose grandmother got upset when he carried on.
  20. I was referring to the split in the queue line in my post but it's okay, carry on.
  21. I would highly recommend calling the park: at (513) 754 5700. Or Cedar Fair at: 419 627 2233 for your answer. You'll get 20 different opinions here, and a possible brutal rant from a person called "The Interpreter" Welcome to KIC.
  22. 1 point
    Cedar Fair had the opportunity to buy Paramount Parks' interest in that Great Wolf Lodge...and turned it down. Of course, that was under old management.
  23. 1 point
    Well, what's a diversion? I'm hoping for entertainers and entertainment. (Does anyone remember "Talking Turkey"? He sat on a tower on a corner in Octoberfest. He was like Don Rickles with feathers. I knew the actor. He was behind this black veil, hidden from the crowd, and punk kids didn't know how Turkey could see them throw ice at him.) They just cleared away two piles of junk, SOB and TA, but when we speak of that area, Terpy keeps saying 'diversion'. Perhaps it's not where any new attractions are going to go, perhaps the space left is diverting us from seeing clearly. Ouimet keeps speaking about 'staycations' and in my mind, he's on the money. I don't see Wolf Lodge handing over the keys any time soon, but it would bring more money to the park if KI had their own lodge.
  24. 1 point
    I really like this show.
  25. http://www.flickr.com/photos/original2/7875062328/'> http://www.flickr.com/photos/original2/7875062328/'>Pictures 029 by http://www.flickr.com/people/original2/'>KIC-Original, on Flickr Easy: Dodgems (operating) Hard: Glass Blower item you bought Expert: plant sculpted horse by the Grand Carousel
  26. I didn't even think you could see Thunder Alley from the road. Terp, hoping that does not throw you for a loop.
  27. Not sure why the embedded image isn't working, here's the URL https://dl.dropbox.com/s/kzbvrgc18hllfwe/IMG_5288.JPG Easy: any landscape area Hard: Beast leaving station with water in the lagoon Expert: Concert at Timberwolf
  28. In a way I'm a bit glad SoB was never reopened... I say this because I gotten older since 2008 (last time I rode it) and I could of had bad experience(s) on the ride in 2010-2012. I got taller broad shouldered and what not more between then and now and lord knows if the ride reopened I might hate it now. So all in all I'm glad I my last ride was on a high note but I do wish I could of rode it one more time before being torn down. I actually had a dream that they reopened it and they were testing it with some new themed cars. You could ride in trains that looked like monster truck, taxi, and a police car (I think their was others but can't remember).
  29. Photo #13 - The Beast Station 1980's
  30. I hope this is what you mean, by the train sign. ^ http://www.flickr.com/photos/original2/7934067674/'> http://www.flickr.com/photos/original2/7934067674/'>Pictures2 547 by http://www.flickr.com/people/original2/'>KIC-Original, on Flickr Easy: Delirium Herd: Delirium with an empty line Hard: Any moon in the park (besides a full moon)
  31. Millennium Force was recently repainted, and I don't think it added to its popularity.
  32. I will forever miss the sound Wildcat's anti rollbacks made on the Cedar Point midway.
  33. Photo #11 - Coney Mall 1981 - Notice the absence of Monster.
  34. Please don't sit on the handrails.
  35. I would say what was installed in 79 makes up for 78 and 80.
  36. From a lurker standpoint, this has been thoroughly entertaining. Topics like this almost make me wish I hadn't stopped posting. Almost.
  37. Guest
    The 10 rides I have ridden (or rode) the most at Kings Island: 1) Racer - 11,999 2) Beast - 3,371 3) Flying Eagles - 1,544 4) Vortex - 1,021 5) King Cobra - 808 6) K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad - 771 7) Race for Your Life Charlie Brown - 539 8) Woodstock Express - 526 9) Adventure Express - 398 10) Tumble Bug - 234 I also found time to watch more than 2,000 live shows during my years as a season passholder. One of the park's slogan's in the 1980's was "Do It All". That I pretty much did as a passholder.
  38. Photo #4 - Vortex Construction opening in 1987 As I like to say "BEND IT LIKE AN ARROW!"
  39. And TA is gone!!! **EDIT** Sorry, came of KI's Facebook page.
  40. cant wait for the new haunt season !
  41. Hard: Flight of Fear outside queue Easy: Coney Games
  42. Easy: Drop Tower Hard: FOF during launch
  43. I got pretty tired of driving left lol. Or maybe like a spiral kind of track the come down a hill
  44. There will be new rumors for the "future park expansion" in 2013. I can just see it now: a new member on here posts a topic about how they heard about a 666 ft. tall, 12-inversion Intamin coaster coming to KI in 2014 named Devil.
  45. I suspect well nothing, absolutely nothing. Our "little" SOB dismantlement is our 2013 project, its a shame really, I would think that we would at least get some new things that dont have to do with the "waterpark of FUN".
  46. There will be a large area of new Grass. Nothing new for 2013 saves me a lot of Money because we will be not be renewing our passes for 2013. Gonna try and visit some different parks next year. As for loops, I really wish KI would give Intamin a call about installing the first 12 Inversion Coaster.
  47. If I could take one ride, it would have to be Dodgems. I love those things, and you could have fun with all sorts of neighbors and what not. Plus, who doesn't want to be "that guy with bumper cars in his backyard?"
  48. I believe these are more fitting Flight Deck (AKA Top Gun) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fab0nsF1z2I Thunder Alley (AKA Days of Thunder) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7lakvaC1FM Son of Beast (AKA the thing that hurts you)
  49. I voted for a B&M Floorless roller coaster since we don't have one In Ohio. We haven't had B&M Floorless roller coaster since Dominator packed it's bags and left for Kings Dominion. Maybe Kings Island can set a new record by creating the first floorless to reach the 200 ft mark. I think that would be cool!
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.