Hawaiian Coasters 325
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forums Index
Everything posted by Hawaiian Coasters 325
-
Son of Beast Station being cleared out ??
Sounds like the demolition permit is for a sprinkler system and the structure will remain. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2026/07/28/kings-island-son-of-beast-roller-coaster-remnant-to-stay/91076510007/ why keep it though? It hasn't been used for Haunt in over half a decade now and is a literal eyesore.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
Also heard from multiple people that despite the huge crowds that were definitely anticipated there were still several drink stations closed causing lines at the ones that were open to back up siginificantly as well as at the food stands. I saw one comment on facebook saying they had to wait in a huge line at potato works just to get a drink bc the other drink stands closeby were closed. That's inexcusable and a fireable offense by upper management! It's one thing to have drink stands closed on dead weekdays, but on a Saturday in July when several companies are doing their picnic that day and are giving out drink passes for attendees?! That's completely inexcusable! Also heard a rumor (idk if true) that one of the companies also offered Fast Lane passes which would explain the pic I saw of Diamondback's Fast Lane line spilling out onto the midway. I may sound entitled for saying this, but in my honest opinion if guests are waiting more than 20 minutes in the Fast Lane line, you've oversold the passes!
-
Grand Carnivale 2026
The fact that Tony Clark basically hinted at it being the last year makes me wonder why they did it anyway. I knew that with them likely knowing it being the last year of Carnivale, they'd use it as an excuse to water it down even more. I really hope that the under this new CEO and COO that they really take a long look at these events and actually focus on growing them rather then sticking their foot in the water and either stop doing the event entirely after one or 2 years or cutting back year after year. I also hope Mr. Reilly actually comes out to see Grand Carnivale and that he takes note at how watered down it has gotten and that he listens to guest feedback. However, I still think even if they offer to improve Carnivale to back how it was in 2019 if not better, it would be a hard sell to KI loyals who is far used to Carnivale as is so I still think it is time for a separation from Carnivale and to try something new. Like I don't see how the KI fanbase can get into another year of the same event calendar even if they promise to invest more money into putting on these events at full potential. Like if they come out in March/April of 2027 with the exact same events calendar with no changes whatsoever, I think there will be more backlash and disappointment from longtime KI fans than excitment and I hope those in charge at the park and corporate level recognize that these guests are ready for a change. Every event over the last couple of years especially Carnivale has had more "they should've done this or this would've been better or look they cut this" rather than "I'm looking forward to going to this event again." At this point, I think it may be time for a new special events manager/team with fresh minds that are more willing to think outside the box and push for more. Like Cedar Point in the same state and the same chain has had more thought put into their peak summer events. I can't see why KI can't.
-
Son of Beast station condemned
Someone on Reddit was able to explore some of the station and queue area with permission by the park recently. Kinda surreal to see how overgrown it is over there. https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/s/5TGLC6ZIqK
-
Son of Beast station condemned
It's listed as a demolition permit under "record type"
-
Son of Beast station condemned
If they are in fact tearing down the SOB station, I hope they also take the time and remove the old queue rails and clean up that whole area basically making the overlook area like it was when Top Gun/The Bat first opened.
-
BeachBlast X-Treme in 2026
I actually took a survey from the park a few days ago and part of it was they had a list of possible enhancements to the park and had me rank my top 3. One of the options listed was a mini "sphere" theatre with seating. There was no concept art or anything, but what I have in mind is a much smaller Las Vegas sphere type theatre. I'd be all for that as long as it isn't dark for the peak summer season like the KI Theater is.
-
Holiday World Making a Big Splash in 2027 with Cannonball!
That was probably the most creative and fun announcement video I've ever seen and it's hard to top Banshee's announcement video. You can tell everyone had a great time making this video! I really hope those kids (and adults too) used in the video get the first ride on it when it opens!
-
Six Flags and Cedar Fair Merge
And everyone grilled Cedar Point and Zamperla with Top Thrill 2 saying they should've gone with Intamin...Newsflash! Intamin can't even get a mid size water ride/coaster to WORK!
-
Boulder Canyon Competition
Wait it costs more than Thunderbird? Must be a major addition!
-
Kings Island Searches for Executive Chef
I want to clarify by saying, I myself have yet to have a bad KI food experience to where I can't finish what I eat. I've enjoyed everything I've had at KI. However, I will say the food isn't as good as it was under Chef Major and over the last few years, I have seen numerous complaints about food being undercooked, food being left out under the lamp too long, food being overcooked, among other things that really take away from the guest experience. While some of that stuff is at the fault of the food employees, the fact it continues to happen despite all the complaints comes down to training/management which falls on the executive chef. Things like portion sizes, no ice in the machines, watered down drinks, machines being out of drinks is a budget thing while things like properly preparing, cooking, and/or storing food has nothing to do with budget. That's a management/training issue.
-
Kings Island Searches for Executive Chef
Curious if Joseph stepped down, got the boot, or was promoted/demoted? While I hate to see anyone lose their job, I cannot deny that food quality has declined at KI in recent years. Just look at posts/comments on the KI pass group/other fansites including on here.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
Im thinking it's a mix of budget/staffing as well as employees not caring to clean up. Like I've seen stories on here as well as in the facebook groups that employees were standing around doing nothing/yapping with each other when they could be cleaning. Imo that's a discipline issue. When I worked in rides, our supervisors would get onto us daily almost to make sure we were cleaning after park close and not standing around talking the whole time.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
At this point they should just attempt to restore the fountain similar to how it was before. If corporate isn't going to give them the budget to have a fully working dancing fountain 24/7 then they should just axe the "bellagio style" fountain altogether. Also while I understand the purpose of lighting, Im not a big fan of how the park has slapped multi color LED lighting and trusses everywhere on all the buildings and along the fountain. I personally think I-street would have a better atmosphere if they just go back to just having the white light bulbs on the buildings and the gas lamps while still lighting up the Tower and fountains in multi color like before.
-
How much longer for Congo Falls?
Came up with a little sketch with how a Rip Roarin Falls style ride would work in the Congo Falls/Timberwolf area. Safe to say it would fit well there
-
How much longer for Congo Falls?
I've been thinking and I'll say a ride like Rip Roarin Falls at Carowinds would fit well in the Congo Falls/Timberwolf plot. Give it a dark forest/wolf theme to go with a spooky/dark forest retheme of Action Zone.
-
Kings Island to celebrate America’s 250 with special offerings
I've said numerous times in the past that the 4th of July at KI should be more than just "come and enjoy the park as is during the day and watch a bigger firework show." It should have special activities, entertainment, and food offerings during the day. Sounds like the new regime has similar thoughts.
-
2027 speculation
Im going to stick with my gut and say park improvements and enhanced live entertainment and maybe a more stacked special event calendar with some pop up events like 5ks, food truck festivals, pass holder ride nights, maybe a concert or 2? Think 2008 or 2022. Best case scenario for a new attraction we see a new flat ride or another expansion/renovation to the kids area or Soak City. I mean KD during their 2010-18 coaster drought got 2 Planet Snoopy expansions in 3 seasons.
-
Forum Outages
Why was the site down all day yesterday?
-
Carowinds 2027 addition
**DOUBLE POST** Watching the POV I really like the spinning buzzsaws in that little show building where the switch is in the middle of the ride. I've mentioned the idea of the shed on Mystic Timbers getting an upgrade. Imagine if as part of that upgrade when you enter the shed you have spinning buzzsaws like that over and around you along with sound and lighting effects that would eventually lead to an animatronic encounter or multiple animatronic encounters in the main show room of the shed.
-
Carowinds 2027 addition
Do we know what the price tag is for this? I'm sure the ride along with the proposed theming will cost a pretty penny. Idk if it costs as much as Copperhead or Fury did though. Also remember this ride was originally supposed to open this year, but was delayed along with other planned 2026 projects like Great Adventure Project Purple and Magic Mountain's thrill glider. It seems as if Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare, Tormenta, and Speedway Stunt Coaster were the only planned 2026 projects that moved forward. Shoreline Pier at GADV and Looney Tunes Land at MM were last minute additions. Also assuming 2028 is an off year for Carowinds, the earliest Carowinds will end their "big coaster drought" will be 10 years after Copperhead which is actually pretty unusual for a park the size of Carowinds especially since the corporate HQ is right next to it. I see people complaining all the time that KI hasn't gotten a big new coaster since Orion, but they're perfectly fine with Carowinds likely going 10 years between large coaster installations. While I don't like the whining and groaning that enthusiasts have against their home park not getting a new coaster every 3 years or so, I find it strange that Carowinds seems to be getting a pass for likely going 10 years between major coaster additions while a potential 8 year gap for KI is the end of the world and means Six Flags hates KI or what other silly claim butthurt fanboys will come up with lol.
-
Royal Fountains
Since the person who thought it would be a good idea to mess with the fountain in the first place is no longer employed by KI or Six Flags, I think the park should consider changing the fountains back to how they were with new pedestials since the old ones are used in Orion's queue.
-
Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare Reviews
Great Adventure has ocean/seagull sounds playing on the speakers in their new Shoreline Pier area that soft opened the other day. I can't see how KI couldn't have done something similar on the path from I-street that goes up against the ride exit and first aid as well as outside the ride entrance but with eerie/spooky sound effects kinda like what played outside the original Phantom. I just don't like how they play the Kidzbop along that pathway. If they want to play Kidzbop in Planet Snoopy fine, but move it toward the Character Carousel/Whirlybirds area and have a custom soundtrack playing outside Phantom. It's not too late to do this whoever is in charge of music if you're reading this!
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
So either John Reilly was lying in the conference calls when he talks about wanting to increase labor and maximize rider throughput or the board of directors have been blocking his his ideas/vision.....
-
2027 speculation
^^definitely puts to bed any speculation of anything major for 2027, but I could see a new flat ride or something smaller announced later. Also could see 2027 being an enhanced entertainment/special event year (think 2008 and 2022 or KD this year). Also with it being the 55th anniversary, that could be used for marketing to promote a season focused on entertainment.