Everything posted by Vortex
-
Apparently, Line Jumping IS an Accepted Sporting Event at KI Now :)
Some people do care. Last time I was at the park had to get a locker and the line was moving before I could get the locker do to some one not willing to move out of the way. My friend has glasses and left her glass case in the backpack and had to get it. If the glasses broke she would be blind as a bat. If the park had a Ben for backpacks or bags it would have been no problem for her. I know you tell me not to bring a bag and what not, but where Am I to carry a glasses case?
-
I really wish Boo Blaster would get a peanuts theme...
Kings Island had a hard time doing up keep on Phantom Theater. The park is seasonal and does not get the money like Disney or Universal.
-
Awesome 1993 News Segment on What to Expect at the "New" Paramount's Kings Island
What other cartoon would Cedar Fair get? Six Flags has Warner Bros. and we'll Disney has its own. Don't think Cedar Fair would like Nick back.
-
Coster Removal
It was taken out for the same reason SOB was.
-
Seat belts added to other Cedar Fair B&M coasters.
Most likely its fall out from the Texas Giant. After the lady stood up on the Raven and fell the lap bars changed on all most all PTC coasters. While I don't think the B&M Hyper coasters need a seat belt its better to be safe.
-
5 Insanely Expensive Theme Park Rides That Literally Didn't Work
The original Jaws in Orlando was about the same ride till the end. Jaws used to grab the boat and spin it before the skipper shot at him and you got away. The turn table keep breaking and boats would be stuck. If you road Jaws the turn table was about where Jaws got electrocuted with the wire in his mouth. Forgot to add Drachen Fire to the list.
-
Fast Lane Question
Have not seen it done, but it happens. Hate to say it but increasing season passes would off set the loss of sales from Fast Lane. Disney you pay for the Fast Pass when you buy your ticket. Same at Holiday World your ticket coast includes drinks, sun screen and tubes for the water park. I have to find it but at one time Disney did give out passes for the boats, monorail, buses. The coast was included in the hotel stay.
-
Giant noodle at the park this weekend
Saw this in front of the Chinese theater in Hollywood California.
-
What Tasty Treat Are YOU Ready To Eat on Your First Visit Back To KI 2014?
Banshee Brew was very good on a hot day.
-
Your Banshee Experience
I got a shirt it was round 5:00 pm. The park had 4 tables full left. Had a great time. Just with I had some sunscreen I got very sun burned waiting in line with out shade.
-
FUNTV First Impressions?
The park can sell ad space during the program just like Six Flags. I am starting to see Six Flags and Cedar Fair use the same type of marketing in the parks.
-
Banshee Construction Progress
I be in the park tomorrow. Looks great from what I am seeing.
-
Kings Dominion using Kings Island footage
Sometimes you will see Knott's Berry Farm footage for Kings Island.
-
Kings Dominion 40th Anniversary Singing Mushrooms
Also Rebel Yell got repainted red, white, and blue.
-
Son of Beast gone, Yes or No?
Well part of the ride is left under the station.
-
Coasters you never got the chance to ride.
The original Bat.
-
The Bat Opening Day - 1981
Wow thank you for posting the pictures.
-
Kentucky Kingdom
Don't be such a Debbie downer. We all get it you have something against Kentucky Kingdom. The only reason it closed last time was the old Six Flags pulled out.It is a fun park and I be going this year.
-
Documentary concerning Seaworld ("Blackfish")
You might want to read this. http://themedreality.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/can-a-beluga-make-jokes-about-a-blackfish/
-
Would you like the KI&MVRR spruced up in the next 2 years?
To be fair the train at Carowinds left long before Paramount bought the park. One of the trains was owned by Michael Jaskson.
-
Kickstarter to have The Racer restored?
If you really want to restore The Racers the last set of hills at the end need to go back in. Plus put the buzz bars and remove one the cars from each train.
-
Viper: New-for-2015 @ Nanchang, China...biggest GCI woodie ever built
I don't see this coaster lasting long in China. With so many parks opening and closing it might be closed not to long after this is built.
-
The Bat flies again at Kings Island
It was a good idea. Cedar Point updates their channel all year and now so does Kentucky Kingdom.
-
People OUTSIDE KI Say The Darnedest Things
I was at Six Flags and someone asked me if this was a Disney park.
-
Is Paramount Really to Blame for Winterfest's Demise?
Winterfest was going to comeback for 2006 but Cedar Fair canceled it.