Everything posted by Creed Bratton
-
Making A Coaster Run Faster
Yeah....there are no trim brakes after the billboard and "splashdown." Those are the regular braking system for bringing the train to a complete stop for the unload platform.
-
New anything in 2013?
From http://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland Edit: I apologize, I didn't realize this was already posted on a different topic.
-
Downtown Disney to Become "Disney Springs"
This should be pretty interesting! When I was last in Downtown Disney, I wasn't too impressed. However, I was still young.
-
Silver Dollar City 2013 Coaster
I'd have to agree. However, I don't think they it should be much longer. They'd have to make the layout have a little bit more "wow" factor if it were to be longer. The one thing that I find odd about this coaster, is the lack of "cat walk" next to the track. It does seem very open though.
-
New Logo Coming To KICentral!
Bumper Stickers and or decals would be cool!
-
Cedar Point Light Show 2013
The park sorta announced it earlier. This year it won't be powered by Pepsi, but by North Coast Container. While I didn't get to see the show last year, I will see it at least once this year!
-
Kentucky Kingdom
Interesting considering they don't seem to know what they'll be hiring for. Do they just need lifeguards? We'll see toward the end of the year won't we?
-
Kentucky Kingdom
I like the fact that they posted info about when they'd be hiring.
-
Windseeker ride malfunction strands Knott's visitors
An evac is going to take at least 2 hours if not more or major attractions. Having been trained on evacuation proceedures and doing so once, it takes a while. Especially if it is at any extreme height. To evacuate 2 of the coaster trains out of the 3 total, is rough. Starting at the front car of a train, releasing restraints manually then assisting guests out of their seats, waiting for all guests of that car to be off of the train, get them strapped into the safety evac system (harness and tied onto the rope/rail), walking them slowly down the stairs (whether it's from the lift, midcourse, etc.), get their info in case they need to be contacted or they contact the park, then walk back up the stairs and repeat the process. Can take a long time. So I can only imagine the WindSeeker evac, with what looks to be a evac of 4 total riders (two rows on opposite sides of the gondola) at a time.
-
Windseeker ride malfunction strands Knott's visitors
I had heard at one point that there was a crane that would assist in evacuating riders if they had been stranded like they would have been at Knott's Berry Farm. Along with that, I see in my mind the pictures of the evacuation from the Sky Ride at KI and see that type of "rescue." However, I had heard that the crane that was to be used to evacuate was located near Akron! About a 3-3.5 hr drive to get it to KI before it could be used to evacuate. Whether or not that all is true, is a different story. But I believe this is the worst case scenario now for evacuation of the riders. I had a friend say that it seemed like the parks are just accepting this, this backup system to evacuate riders.I replied with the following: I do find it funny that many are going off and saying Mondial is idiotic for this system and what not. But again, we've only seen this little tid bit of information. What no one has shared here is a photo from Knott's Network showing a motor that was going to be installed. What could that be for? It could be for this system and it could also be for a backup motor to bring the gondola's down. What we've seen is on the outside of the towers, we're not seeing what changes they've made (if any) on the inside. I believe with the ultimate shut down of the rides this past season, sent a strong message to both Mondial and the consumers. To Mondial - we need this fixed or we won't operate your ride, it'll be perceived as Mondial rides aren't reliable throughout the industry if they're having these problems that need fixed, and until these problems are fixed the rides will remain closed. To the consumers - we will not open this ride until we know it is absolutely safe and if a problem should arise, we can evacuate you safely. From pictures that Knott's Network has posted, I'm assuming that it will have it's own drive/power source. I'm pretty sure they have to determine that there is absolutely no way for the Gondola to come down with the riders on it in a safe and quick fashion. I'd assume that the maintenance workers would have to run a diagnostic test on the ride's computer system to see if they can override the e-stop. If not, they'd have to determine if they can manually lower the gondola. If not, then they'd bring this system out.
-
Windseeker ride malfunction strands Knott's visitors
Every ride, has a manual release for restraints. I would think so as well.
-
Reds Hall of Fame Grille
I was aware of that, but was confused by the question. Thanks for clarification.
-
Reds Hall of Fame Grille
I'm assuming you're asking if it'll be open on opening day. It is supposed to be open on opening day. Whether or not that happens, we'll wait and see. What was closed up until summer?
-
GoPro Camera at the park?
Using these would still be taking pictures and video on the rides, which is strictly prohibited at Kings Island. Like Don said. It's strictly prohibited at Kings Island. It's prohibited at other parks too. I ask again my question from earlier in this post....why would anyone want to video their ride on a coaster.....there are numerous videos out there and often times are park released of POVS.
-
Reds Hall of Fame Grille
I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the menus for this year. I saw this tweet when it was posted....yet, I didn't even think of the correlation of it until now! The park is getting sorta sneaky when it comes to some teasers lol.
-
Reds Hall of Fame Grille
I believe the reason it's spelled Grille is due to type of food the restaurant serves whereas, Grill is what the food is cooked on. I'm not by all means a die-hard fan of baseball, but I do love the Reds. I am totally stoked for this restaurant. The menu looks great and looks to be a different dining experience. Kings Island out of all the other Cedar Fair parks has lacked a "Game Day Grille" type restaurant as well as a full service restaurant.
-
Twitter Teasers
I actually was thinking it earlier, your statement gave a great opportunity to post it.
-
Twitter Teasers
Intimidator 307
-
Twitter Teasers
Haha too funny!
-
Twitter Teasers
https://twitter.com/KIGMGREG/status/309473626195906561
-
Twitter Teasers
From Gregs Twitter With all the things that are being renovated in Action Zone (Thunder Ally and SOB being removed, and the Tower leaving) I think it is safe to say that what ever Greg is talking about to is going to be in AZ, and the only red thing in AZ is Stunt Crew Grill. So I think it is pretty accurate to say that is what he is alluding to. I agree as I "predicted" this a few posts earlier.
-
A walk to the top of GateKeeper
I'm wondering about the Roar.....the park had mentioned a few times that the the rails were to be filled with sand, dampening the roar...but how damp will they be? Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing it run!
-
Haunt Thoughts 2013
Thanks Gator! Lol. I'm hoping to actually make it to Haunt this year! Haha
-
Twitter Teasers
There's plenty of red there during Haunt! I'm all for red solo cups, proceed to party! There is plenty of red there during Haunt Gator! Maybe they've decided to make it permanent!
-
Twitter Teasers
New red trash cans for the renovation of Action Zone. Red paint on the former (just a guess) Stunt Crew Grille.