Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Creed Bratton

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Creed Bratton

  1. Under the link of Cedar Fair- Platinum Passes, it still has WindSeeker as Early Entry....hmmm.
  2. Hank, Cedar Point has also stated that row 4 of each train are going to be more lenient (spelling?) and will allow for larger guests to ride.
  3. I searched the boards for this, so if it does overlap I'm sorry, what I had found was more of pointed G.L discussion. What are your thoughts on Geauga Lake & Wild Water Kingdom? I've noticed a few groups popping up on Facebook about "remember when", "bring back Geauga Lake," etc. All seem to go to bashing of Cedar Fair and Six for killing their park. Do you see any potential for GL or WWK at any point? I saw a poster comment with a simple question after discussion of how Cedar Fair has ruined the property and the park. There was more discussion of Cedar Fair didn't do anything but an upgrade to the waterpark for Kings Island's 40th, and no one could imagine what would have been done for G.L's 125th. Conversation turned to WWK was planned to have more but it was scaled back and how a few of them would never go to WWK after CF and Six ruined the park. The woman then asked, "Why give them the business?" Here is my reply to that question: In no way am I trying to be rude or belittle you. Why give them the business? Cedar Fair is under new direction, under a very personable guy. I've had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Ouimet and he is totally different from what I remember Kinzel as. Why give them the business? When you have a fan base that takes pride in what they have (even though WWK may be very little now), a fan base that invests in the park (purchasing food, beverages, souvenirs, etc.) and a fan base that visits often, it shows the "man" that the park may be worth investing in. Imagine having a season where a majority of the dates, there are extended waits for the slides at WWK, where the wave pool is pretty full, there aren't any open lounge chairs, etc. To me, that'd show that WWK is worth investing in, that there is a need for expansion to relieve the waits. Though the past few years may have stunk, I think there should be a shift on focus from the bad to the good. I may be wrong, I haven't been to GL or WWK in recent years, but there has to be some good there. There has to be a way to shift focus from the bad to the good. -- To me it seems that many have given up on WWK as they feel that CF gave up on their park. While I don't know the exact details of Geauga Lake not being profitable, I kind of have a feeling that scaling to a water park only was a necessary move. What would happen if WWK were to have extended waits for the slides, wave pool almost to capacity, lack of open lounge chairs, etc.? What if this were to happen for multiple seasons? I know I've asked a lot of questions....looking forward to discussion!
  4. That was just one year...opening day 2010 was pretty fair..nothing to write home about.
  5. Opening Day 2011 with a few members on this site including Gator. Almost every single time we got in line for a ride, it went down. Started happening with the Crypt. We also got evacuated off of Racer (blue). Was a great day though.
  6. I believe he has. I spoke with him about it for a blog I did about The Bat on my site.
  7. Early on in the Season like May or June, Sunday-Tuesdays are generally lighter compared to the remainder of the week at Cedar Point.
  8. Guys, as Nemo said. Paul is fine, I talked to him earlier, stop worrying about where he is. He'll be back on here when he's ready.
  9. Australia and the Islands opened in 2003 (Decade ago) is what I believe Kat is talking about.
  10. The boat ride mentioned looks to be the one already in place. Sounds like they'll just place the Dino's along the course.
  11. I believe this is for the post that Becca had. Colleen, Bryan and Annie have stepped in from their positions to help the position continue for whenever it was time to fill it out.
  12. As I don't know the market and what not down there, I don't know. I have hopes that it will succeed.
  13. As the others have replied, contact the park. I think the parks generally only would allow organizations to do so. Not a diss to you FOFFreak but I often wonder why so many people want to get their own POVs of rides when there are already numerous ones on Youtube.
  14. I don't have a girlfriend, but this thread sure makes me feel awkward. Lol
  15. http://www.firstgiving.com/gktw/KingsIsland2013 Click register and follow the instructions.
  16. It's fixed on my end! Thanks
  17. As long as you don't sink in the lazy river kind of attraction right Gator? Lol. If the park does open, I will visit for sure. Never got to visit prior to it closing.
  18. I'm trying to edit my signature, but cannot. It's stuck in HTML editing and none of the buttons in the toolbar are able to be clicked.
  19. I believe Don mentioned that he was invited to go and take pictures of the manufacturing as well as pictures from the group including CEO Ouimet.
  20. I've created a "meetup" thread for Coasting For Kids here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27025-coasting-for-kids-2013/#entry503578
  21. http://www.firstgiving.com/gktw/KingsIsland2013
  22. Details for Kings Island and Cedar Point have been released: http://www.coastingforkids.org/ I'm thinking I'm for sure going to do KI.
  23. They need to cut the amount of staff that works for Kasich. He's got assistants to the assistants of the assistants. My sister works for the state and has to deal with the 3rd assistant. Or they need to cut the amount of payroll they spend on Ohio Congress who works at most 14 days out of the month.
  24. I am so borrowing that picture! Lol. I've not been a fan of Kasich since he took office, but this really ticks me off.
  25. There literally were a ton of footers. They might have taken them out for various reasons. Look at the area where these footers are, not much grass. They might have been taken out to allow for the land to heal and grow grass again. They could have been in the way of an expansion of a a walk way, a new maintenance building coming in, etc. As of now, everything is speculation.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.