Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BeeastFarmer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BeeastFarmer

  1. "And I coulda gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Coaster Studio type Youtubers saying to stash your stuff in the bushes!"
  2. Kentucky Kingdom has announced something interesting. On this week's show, the CEO of Dippin Dots will be the subject of Undercover Boss and this episode was filmed last summer at the park! Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  3. I've only been on 4 but all of them have LOUD anti rollbacks. They are actually pretty quiet thru the rest of the course though. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  4. Many people join more than one coaster club. I am not in GOCC, but I know several people there and they are great folks.
  5. I don't think KI will get an RMC unless they can quiet down thier anti rollbacks. Imagine the noise complaints with that! Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  6. I doubt Skyline in the Swiss Building will leave anytime soon since it is a KI sponsor. And Skyline and KI go hand in hand for many. I could see it downsized now that there is more patio seating by the Royal Fountain--leaving the seating area open for something like the Yogurt Place. The French Building would be great for a new eatery if it could be reconfigured. Of course, I would like a Harmony Hall type eatery, but it may be superfluous with the Festhaus. But it would be a great indoor venue for Winterfest, especially at the other end of the area formerly known as Coney Mall.
  7. There is an all season plastic cup with free refills, an all season paper cup option, and an all-season plastic cup option that is much cheaper initially, but refills are $1 after the day of purchase.
  8. But you also have to remember...if people are not in the park, the park looses money. They have to weigh the goodwill of keeping an open park or angering 1000 people for a day. Kings Island rarely does that. But on the flip side....Kings Dominion, while it does close early more often, also has added in November bonus days several years. It was open in November this year for Haunt. It was open for Winterfest on the night of January 1. I mention KD specifically because I follow that park closely. I dont know about the other CF parks except for Knotts, which does seem to close a lot too.
  9. It may be a combination of both--noise and being good stewards of the money that has been entrusted to them. Kings Island rarely and I mean RARELY closes for weather, at least since I have been an enthusiast in 2014. I'd venture a guess that the majority of folks in the park until midnight or 1 am are locals, and will have seen everything multiple times in a season. People, even the GP, know that going to a park on certain days is going to great or miserable. I think you are overstating any kind of backfiring. I am very happy with the calendar this year, especially the extra week in May. That is awesome for me.
  10. I'm not all that upset about the earlier closes. Yeah, it sucks, but it's all a trade-off. After all, I consider the pass one of the best values for my money I get all year (except for Woohoos at Kroger sometimes). I can't remember the exact time they open daily in May, but it does seemed bumped up a week to me. Which I am over the moon for that since I work weekends and the park is usually subdued during May weeks.
  11. Respectfully, they were making Orion track and or supports in 2018 for a project that was not confirmed at that point too.
  12. I think this could just be a blip in the radar for SIX. Remember when Q3 numbers were released for Cedar Fair back in 2018 and many thought it foretold the end of Kings Island and Cedar Fair as we know it (after all, KI failed miserably LOL). Cedar Fair reacted nimbly and the company ended up having a great Q4 and a great 2019. Hopefully SIX will be nimble as well. If not....I'd like to see some parks added into the fold, specifically in year round markets.
  13. RMC has already done an all steel conversion...Storm Chaser. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  14. How about the Grizzly clones at KD, CGA and Canada'sWonderland (there I think it is called Wilde Beast?)
  15. That's one of The Beast trains. I wish they could go back to the old lap bars. The orange ones suck. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  16. On the other hand, I will own the role of the enthusiast who is excited to have Orion join our line-up. Kings Island has not disappointed me with their improvement decisions, even if I don't partake in them (waterpark and Planet Snoopy). I truly think the best is yet to come, based on what I have seen from 2017 on.
  17. I thought the Firehawk videos were well done. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  18. @King Ding Dong, would you be in favour of it if the first aid cart was used to deliver Mike Koontz to the Rivertown Coke Freestyle station to open it daily?
  19. I wish they would put a European siren on the first aid cart. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  20. I guess all will be known soon.
  21. They do that most nights to get rid of extra inventory before closing. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  22. My only point in my posts was to point out that the building is significant to us, the enthusiasts who love the park. But when people mourn the possible loss of the building and claim it's historic, some perspective needs to be considered. It's historic to me, but not to people outside of parks. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  23. That's my point. It has significant importance to us as enthusiasts and to it's place in park history, but outside of that it doesn't. It's a building that wouldn't be placed on The Register. It would need to stand many more years to be considered historic outside of the industry. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  24. That's my point. It has significant importance to us as enthusiasts and to it's place in park history, but outside of that it doesn't. It's a building that wouldn't be placed on The Register. It would need to stand many more years to be considered historic outside of the industry. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  25. Y'all...the station is not historic. It was built in what, 1983? It has an appeal to us as enthusiasts, and to a lesser degree, the locals. But my house that was built in the 70s could be deemed historic if we go by how many years it's been there. That being said, I wish it would stay. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.