Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BeeastFarmer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BeeastFarmer

  1. I personally like the easier one. I ordered Skyline packets from Amazon, but Kroger sells them there. I double the recipe so I can freeze the chili. Basically, it's one packet of chili mix, so many cups of water, so many cans of tomato paste and 1 lb ground beef. You mix the water, packet and tomato paste and when it comes to a boil, add raw hamburger. As the meat boils, break it into very small pieces. I don't boil the meat-I brown it beforehand. The you can experiment with other things like I said in my OP. @malem posted the complicated recipe a few years ago. It was very good, but the packets are so much easier.
  2. @sixohdieselrage, the easy one or the hard one?
  3. I've only had 5 Cincinatti-style chilis: Skyline, Blue Ash, Gold Star, my own made at home, and the canned "Cincinnati chili" from Kroger. My favorite is my own, because I can tailor is to my needs. I've made it with beef, buffalo, turkey and chicken. I've added whole ghost peppers while it is cooking. I've tried different pastas. Next is Skyline, then Gold Star, then Blue Ash. The generic Cincinnati chili from Kroger is really good, but I'd rather make my own. Whoever Skyline uses to make their retail products makes it too, because the contact information is the same--or Skyline itself makes it and sells is as the generic version.
  4. Too soon, bro. Too soon.
  5. I'm going Friday. I'm looking forward to it, and I thank you for the information!
  6. I haven't been to the park since August (I work weekends), and I haven't paid much attention to the D-Back webcam. But it looks like there is a new building back by The Beast/Slaughterhouse. It looks too small to be Slaughterhouse and is yellow/plywood color. Am I crazy?
  7. They certainly took some artistic license, didn't they?
  8. That's what she said. hahaha
  9. @Maverick44, you just have to know where to sit. As much as I love The Beast, I have ridden AE more this year.
  10. I like the Wild Wild West song that @Hawaiian Coasters 325 mentioned, but always found it awkward with kids on the train and the lyrics talking about safe sex.
  11. That's very sad to me. I'd hate to see such a charming park leave the family. I know emotions aren't considered in financial decisions, but to see KI and KD separated would be hard to take for me.
  12. I'd add Kings Dominion to that list, just because I love that park so much. haha
  13. I guess I just liked the classics--Cotton Eyed Joe and the like. I also liked in '17 how the train played the Mystic Timbers soundtrack as it approached the Losantisville station.
  14. ^Actually the Fair Board owns Kentucky Kingdom. SF had the contract to run it. Mr. Hart et al currently have the contract. If this group wanted to sell to SF, the would have to get the authority to do so from the Fair Board, whom I think would be reticent to do so. I do have a small fear that they may try and do that, though--because it fits into the strategy that they have used in the last couple of years. The only benefit for me personally is the opportunity to process my pass one hour away vs 6 hours away if I choose to become a SF passholder again, plus the fact I could get into all SF parks for around the same price (presumably) that I pay for a KK pass. And the use of KK was just an example, I have no idea if SF would be interested in it.
  15. Yet, many of the financial gurus have praised SIX as of late for their good return on investment. They are looking long term, not short term. Remember last year when everyone was claiming the sky was falling because of the weather issues at FUN? FUN executed and now they are the darling. And SIX has a CEO, he retires next year. If the tables were turned and FUN acquired SIX, even in a "fire sale" situation, they would also inherit all the debt SIX currently has, all the liabilities they have in addition to the assets. They would also inherit future debt because of the cost of bringing SIX parks up to FUN standards (see the disaster that happened with SFWOA). That scenario would likely see many park sales or closures. It's highly doubtful that any combination will occur and both companies will continue to expand their footprint by acquiring smaller competitors as they have been doing. Barriers to entry are high and that makes smaller parks and waterparks a target. I'd also say that SEAS may still be an attractive target since many of their properties are in locations that could get year round use. Also, smaller parks like Kentucky Kingdom (for FUN, I doubt that would be a target because of the proximity, but these types and sizes of parks) would be targeted because of the opportunity for growth. Or, they could just continue on the paths they are currently on.
  16. My first thought is that I hope it isn't true. Secondly, if it were true, I would wish for it to be reversed, with FUN taking over SIX. However, the money needed to bring SIX parks up to FUN standards would be astronomical. I say it's best to let them stay separate.
  17. Does every Intamin blitz coaster have to have water just like Maverick? It seems like the renderings proposed here do...
  18. I voted for T Rex because that's what I want. But assuming this is where the next coaster will be, I'd love for the coaster AFTER that to go over behind Banshee, and it to be that crazy dueling concept that GCI had on display at IAPPA in 2018.
  19. That's awful. Hindsight being perfect of course, maybe watermark your pictures you post. Of course, don't make the watermark as big as the photo. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  20. I rode Vortex during it's inaugural season. A friend of mine from high school were at KI, and after riding The Beast, we decided to get in line---the line went to about where Dogems is today. The sign said it was a three hour wait, so we went to RT LaRosa's got pizza and went back and in line, which instead of 3 hours, was about 30 minutes despite being that far up Coney Mall. We rode and I distinctly remember the first loop--the first time I had ever been upside down on a ride--I was terrified the restraint was going to fail, and I would meet death. Then, the corkscrew seemed in slow motion. The batwing was intense and the ending helix made me nauseated. I barely made it to the CM restrooms after the ride, where I lost my pizza. We got back on and rode again several times and I loved it. Fast forward to 2014 and I became obsessed with KI and roller coasters. Wouldn't do upside down coasters because when I rode FOF in 2008, I was green. In 2015, Thunderbird cured my fear. I have ridden Vortex ever since. My friend and I lost touch after college, we actually sat beside each other at the college ceremony because of our names. The university ceremony, didn't see him. That was the last time I ever saw him. He became a youth minister. He committed suicide in 2007, so I silently dedicate every ride to his memory when I ride Vortex now. I normally ride The Beast at the end of October, but this year I am to make Vortex my final ride.
  21. Even CSF is dismayed Six is gone. (humor)
  22. I think a lot of people are dismayed at the ban of sixohdieselrage. I'm not going to go off topic, but another thread has garnered much attention with that topic.
  23. @collin.klopfstein, I really really like the GiGa concept in Action Zone! Good job!
  24. And this is why internet enabled devices should not be in use during class time.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.