Kentucky Kingdom

Having four trains, and RUNNING four trains, are two entirely different things. The steps to using Wiki, should be A)Dont use Wiki, and B)Revert to step A. From what I remember from reading previous reliable statements on this site, the fourth train was, and likely still is being used for parts.

For years, it laid outside in the grass in a gully, clearly visible from Xtreme Skyflyer.

• Like 3

Can't blame me that much for using Wikipedia, I was only a mere 3 years old when the ride was opened. But for now on, I'll use Terpedia! Which leads me to a question specifically for Terp. Was The Beast ( track included ) painted?

• Like 5

Can't blame me that much for using Wikipedia, I was only a mere 3 years old when the ride was opened. But for now on, I'll use Terpedia! Which leads me to a question specifically for Terp. Was The Beast ( track included ) painted?

For me, I dont blame you for using it! It's really not an incredibly reliable source though... but you can use it as an alleged source if you cant find info anywhere else.

At least you actually try to look up something as a source to support yourself. More to say than a lot of other people on the internet! ...

(*insert line from Bo Burnham's show "what." where he makes a slow joke for the slow people and he says "AM I RIGHT??")

• Like 2

Do RMC coasters come with seat belts? I know that the New Texas Giant has them now but what about others? If all the kingdom staff had to do on storm chaser was push down pull up on a lap bar I would think they could move lines fairly well.

The coaster NEVER operated on a public day with four trains. At all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_of_Fear#Kings_Island according to Wikipedia it has had 4 trains before, and Kings Dominion's version ran with 3. It would be the only way that coaster could hypothetically be thought to hit 2000 riders per hour.

1. Fixed the link for you.

2. RCDB says 4 trains, therefore Wikipedia says 4 trains, because the people who primarily take care of roller coaster articles on Wikipedia refuse to believe anything but RCDB. I gave up that fight years ago because my arguments against RCDB were basically met with "RCDB is right and therefore you are wrong."

• Like 5

Saw a "leaked" 2016 park map online today.  Looks like the sky swing (mini WindSeeker type ride, can't remember the name) has been moved from the back of the water park up closer to the Giant Wheel/Picnic Pavilions. 

Edit: to correct the year from 2106 to 2016.  Thanks for the good eyes, Goble!

• Like 4

Saw a "leaked" 2106 park map online today.  Looks like the sky swing (mini WindSeeker type ride, can't remember the name) has been moved from the back of the water park up closer to the Giant Wheel/Picnic Pavilions. 

Nice that they plan on doing that, but do they really have to wait 90 years?! ;)

• Like 6

Saw a "leaked" 2106 park map online today.  Looks like the sky swing (mini WindSeeker type ride, can't remember the name) has been moved from the back of the water park up closer to the Giant Wheel/Picnic Pavilions. 

Nice that they plan on doing that, but do they really have to wait 90 years?! ;)

Nice catch!  It must have been a Freudian slip in that I am confident that the park will be around in 90 years.  ;)

• Like 4

Saw a "leaked" 2106 park map online today. Looks like the sky swing (mini WindSeeker type ride, can't remember the name) has been moved from the back of the water park up closer to the Giant Wheel/Picnic Pavilions.

Nice catch! It must have been a Freudian slip in that I am confident that the park will be around in 90 years. ;)
Are you allowed to give a source for this leak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Are you allowed to give a source for this leak?

I don't want to violate any TOS, but it from another message board dedicated to reviewing theme parks.

EDIT:  I only wanted to quote Vortex lover, not the entire thread, and my comment ended up in the quote box.  So I retyped my comment outside the box and deleted it inside the box.

• Like 1

I went to Louisville today to visit my uncle, who is on the heart transplant list.  Afterwards, I drove over to Kentucky Kingdom to look at Storm Chaser.

WOW!  I have seen many pictures of Storm Chaser and it doesn't look real.  As in, the track curves do not look possible.  Seeing it in person was a whole other experience,  It looks like it is going to be a fun coaster and I can't wait to ride and watch.

• Like 7

Thanks for the prayers!  He was doing very well yesterday, but  had some serious runs of v-tach on Saturday and Sunday and had to have cardioversion each time-without sedation.  OUCH!  He is an amazing man who has kept meticulous records of his medications, vitals, activity and food intake for at least the last five years.  He is the perfect candidate for a transplant, but his blood type and height is going to be the problem point.

Kentucky Kingdom posted pictures of the trains on the Facebook page this morning.  They look pretty standard, almost like Lightning Run restraints.

• Like 4