Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I beg to differ.  I305's 85° drop is not very good while fury's 80° or so seems to last longer.  Don't know how this one will feel cause it's new from b&m.  Skyrush has an 85° drop and is one of the best in the world.

See one is a intamin giga and the other a b&m giga, they design their drops differently. I think Orion will compare more to Fury’s then i305 since it’s the same company. Orion may have a little more ejectory feeling going down because it’s steeper while also being 20 feet shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think we are still at least a few weeks out from testing. 

They are testing every day, just not full circuit testing.  Might just be station operation or transfer track, but they are working down a list to make sure all the boxes get checked to start full circuit testing.

• Like 6

Is it me, or has Kings Island been pretty hush hush about updates on this project? Maybe that’s been a trend in the industry lately, seeing as how a lot of parks aren’t super outspoken about progress on their upcoming attractions. I think the only park I’ve seen provide consistent updates this offseason is SFGAd. Maybe parks see enthusiasts providing most of the updates for them, so they don’t feel the need. What’s your opinion?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gplez90 said:

Is it me, or has Kings Island been pretty hush hush about updates on this project? Maybe that’s been a trend in the industry lately, seeing as how a lot of parks aren’t super outspoken about progress on their upcoming attractions. I think the only park I’ve seen provide consistent updates this offseason is SFGAd. Maybe parks see enthusiasts providing most of the updates for them, so they don’t feel the need. What’s your opinion?

I'm glad I'm not the only person that's been thinking this. There's been way fewer social media updates on this project than with Mystic Timbers, for example. I think they didn't really feel a pressing need to with the webcams, but now they're down so it would be nice to get more photos. Sure, ride erection is finished but it would be interesting to see site development, etc., and it's always cool to see photos from places we normally wouldn't be as a guest. It's very strange that this is the largest investment in the park's history and on social media they're treating this like any other addition, maybe even less so. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I'm glad I'm not the only person that's been thinking this. There's been way fewer social media updates on this project than with Mystic Timbers, for example. I think they didn't really feel a pressing need to with the webcams, but now they're down so it would be nice to get more photos. Sure, ride erection is finished but it would be interesting to see site development, etc., and it's always cool to see photos from places we normally wouldn't be as a guest. It's very strange that this is the largest investment in the park's history and on social media they're treating this like any other addition, maybe even less so. 

Maybe there is an actual reason they aren't. Maybe because of Area 72, like area 51, they want to keep it secret lol. However, I'm sure likely when we get closer to opening, we'll see some sneak peaks into the area. Heck, maybe they'll invite John Matarese in for a sneak preview like they did last year.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Maybe there is an actual reason they aren't. Maybe because of Area 72, like area 51, they want to keep it secret lol. However, I'm sure likely when we get closer to opening, we'll see some sneak peaks into the area. Heck, maybe they'll invite John Matarese in for a sneak preview like they did last year.

They tried to do the same thing with International Street and I really don't like this approach. You can still show lots of photos and still have surprises. When they built Mystic Timbers, the park shared lots of photos of the entrance plaza and station and I was still surprised by many things on my first ride. I don't think anything is spoiled by taking a photo of the interior of the station, concrete being poured for the queue, or the foundation for the food stand.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

They tried to do the same thing with International Street and I really don't like this approach. You can still show lots of photos and still have surprises. When they built Mystic Timbers, the park shared lots of photos of the entrance plaza and station and I was still surprised by many things on my first ride. I don't think anything is spoiled by taking a photo of the interior of the station, concrete being poured for the queue, or the foundation for the food stand.

yeah. I honestly wish Sixohdieselrage was still allowed on here because he would be our best source to find out more things lol. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

yeah. I honestly wish Sixohdieselrage was still allowed on here because he would be our best source to find out more things lol. 

I feel like I missed something interesting, because I honestly hadn't even really noticed he hasn't been around. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

He's been gone since I believe around the end of the season. He got into some type of argument with the mods I believe. 

Got ya. Well that's sad, he was certainly very useful for photos of the park, and likely could have brought some images of The Vortex destruction that we all are so interested in seeing. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Nutterie said:

Has there been any talk about Orion's night ride? I feel like since it goes out past Racer, it might make for a pretty neat night ride.

I think night rides on Orion are going to be awesome! That turnaround into the speed hill especially. Can we just consider KI the night ride capital of the world at this point?!

• Like 6