Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

Busch Gardens Williamsburg does not have a pass holder lounge, like Tampa. I did however get to redeem one 7oz beer for free and was able to purchase two more 7oz beers for 50 cents each with my pass.

IMG_1261.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was at CP over the weekend and was able to get the FOTL passes no questions asked. I didn’t poke the bear about the VIP Lounge, but I had read online that they were denying entry. That’s not terribly important to me, though. I also heard that you could park in Preferred, but we were staying at Breakers so we parked in the back.

I have some friends who were at Carowinds and were denied all benefits (except Preferred Parking, but I’m guessing they just didn’t vet the pass that they had presented). They talked to Guest Services there and they said that the policy changed as of a specific day in May. According to what they told me, they brought up that they were able to use the benefits in the Fall, but the Guest Services person said there was nothing they could do, citing the policy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tr0y said:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg does not have a pass holder lounge, like Tampa. I did however get to redeem one 7oz beer for free and was able to purchase two more 7oz beers for 50 cents each with my pass.

IMG_1261.jpeg

Isn't it ironic that our VIP lounge is staffed by merchandise associates, yet they have the ability to sell NOTHING in the lounge LOL...

• Haha 2

I'm actually continuing this discussion from the food discussion. I think it's more appropriate here.

Those of you who have purchased prestige passes... In retrospect, do you feel like you have gotten your money's worth? Is he upgraded parking worth? It? Is the free front of the line pass worth it? Is the cucumber water worth it? Are the VIP areas worth it?

For those of you who purchased platinum prestige, or whatever they call it, do you feel like you should be offered benefits at all? All Cedar Fair parks that have those benefits? So for instance, Michigan's Adventure may not have a VIP area, but they probably have preferred parking. Cedar Point definitely has all of the perks of Kings Island. Should you get the benefits there at the price point you paid?

Finally, when you see things like individual ride, fast lanes or free bring a friend tickets offered any passholder do you feel like the value of your prestige pass has been diluted?

I do apply the company for looking outside the box and seeing what works in other peer groups, but from my perspective as a non -prestige passholder, it just seems like this was rolled out and a terrible fashion and continues to be haphazard. 

But then again, the people who have spent the money may absolutely love it and have justified reasons. I'm just glad the company is looking for ways to penetrate the market.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I'm actually continuing this discussion from the food discussion. I think it's more appropriate here.

Those of you who have purchased prestige passes... In retrospect, do you feel like you have gotten your money's worth? Is he upgraded parking worth? It? Is the free front of the line pass worth it? Is the cucumber water worth it? Are the VIP areas worth it?

For those of you who purchased platinum prestige, or whatever they call it, do you feel like you should be offered benefits at all? All Cedar Fair parks that have those benefits? So for instance, Michigan's Adventure may not have a VIP area, but they probably have preferred parking. Cedar Point definitely has all of the perks of Kings Island. Should you get the benefits there at the price point you paid?

Finally, when you see things like individual ride, fast lanes or free bring a friend tickets offered any passholder do you feel like the value of your prestige pass has been diluted?

I do apply the company for looking outside the box and seeing what works in other peer groups, but from my perspective as a non -prestige passholder, it just seems like this was rolled out and a terrible fashion and continues to be haphazard. 

But then again, the people who have spent the money may absolutely love it and have justified reasons. I'm just glad the company is looking for ways to penetrate the market.

I agree it has been changed and  not been run well from the beginning and I hope they get is sorted out and it gets better.     With that said to me and my wife it is worth it. I feel we are getting out monies worth.  Our home park is Kings Island and we have also been to Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Michigan's adventure and Cedar Point and going back to Carowinds and Kings Dominion in the fall.   the preferred parking, 15% off, 2 free bring a friends per pass, we have used these, and the VIP lounge is worth it to us.  Could it be better, sure it could, but in the end it is worth it to us, and we will be reupping next year for the Prestige plus passes.  I personally think people complain to much about every little thing....just go enjoy the park and have fun and leave all the negativity behind and have fune!!

• Like 4

On 6/19/2023 at 3:35 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

I was at CP over the weekend and was able to get the FOTL passes no questions asked. I didn’t poke the bear about the VIP Lounge, but I had read online that they were denying entry. That’s not terribly important to me, though. I also heard that you could park in Preferred, but we were staying at Breakers so we parked in the back.

I have some friends who were at Carowinds and were denied all benefits (except Preferred Parking, but I’m guessing they just didn’t vet the pass that they had presented). They talked to Guest Services there and they said that the policy changed as of a specific day in May. According to what they told me, they brought up that they were able to use the benefits in the Fall, but the Guest Services person said there was nothing they could do, citing the policy. 

During my last CP visit (late May), I was reassured that all KI P+ benefits were valid at CP. I used both the Preferred Parking and FOTL multiple times. I did not venture to the CP VIP Lounge - I never do anyway at KI.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NegativeGs said:

During my last CP visit (late May), I was reassured that all KI P+ benefits were valid at CP. I used both the Preferred Parking and FOTL multiple times. I did not venture to the CP VIP Lounge - I never do anyway at KI.

I was too, and I did get into VIP there. They changed the rules with the release of Tony’s blog about it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rallyomalley said:

I still haven’t gotten a pass perk despite 30ish visits this year already. Prestige has been a MASSIVE disappointment.  Seriously, what did we get for a pass that cost 3x?

The ability to sip ice chilled cooler water in a lounge next to the trash compactor and restroom lol

On 6/22/2023 at 6:23 PM, Rallyomalley said:

I still haven’t gotten a pass perk despite 30ish visits this year already. Prestige has been a MASSIVE disappointment.  Seriously, what did we get for a pass that cost 3x?

been there 38 times but did not get taken by the Prestige pass.   I sip on water in nice relaxing fresh smelling buildings for free.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Taylor.B03 said:

I don't think that's real. Kings Island does not serve dr.pepper

Isn't Dr Pepper distributed by Pepsi bottlers in Ohio, anyway?  So it would seem especially unlikely to see DP at KI, with CFEC's Coca-Cola Co exclusive contract.

But also, the angle the fountain pic was taken and the angle of the counter don't add up, so the fountain looks all distorted.

• Like 1

Plus there is no waste line for the inevitable fill up the ice in the cup and dump it because you got to much then fill the cup and dump it cause it's flat lol.

Doesn't mean they won't add at some point but I wouldn't count on it.  We are more likely to get 2 ounce sample bottles lol.  They got your money...

6 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Plus there is no waste line for the inevitable fill up the ice in the cup and dump it because you got to much then fill the cup and dump it cause it's flat lol.

Doesn't mean they won't add at some point but I wouldn't count on it.  They got your money...

Electricity, drain line to the sewer, CO2 tank and racks of syrup BiBs, perhaps a bigger water line, etc.  Unless there's room for some of that stuff behind the wall as it wouldn't all fit in that cupboard.  Plus there's no hole in the counter to run hoses down there anyway.

Oh and the water fill station (looks like a pot filler some might have in their kitchen over their stove to boil pasta) mounted on the wall would be pinned between the Coke fountain and wall.

Only way I could see them including this at the lounge is if Prestige included all season drinks (either paper or reusable cup options).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jsus said:

Isn't Dr Pepper distributed by Pepsi bottlers in Ohio, anyway?  So it would seem especially unlikely to see DP at KI, with CFEC's Coca-Cola Co exclusive contract.

But also, the angle the fountain pic was taken and the angle of the counter don't add up, so the fountain looks all distorted.

It is photoshopped!!   I was in the VIP today and tonight and it is just the water.

On 6/19/2023 at 3:35 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Carowinds is the leader of Cedar Fair bait and switch.  This isn’t surprising 

15 hours ago, jsus said:

Electricity, drain line to the sewer, CO2 tank and racks of syrup BiBs, perhaps a bigger water line, etc.  Unless there's room for some of that stuff behind the wall as it wouldn't all fit in that cupboard.  Plus there's no hole in the counter to run hoses down there anyway.

Oh and the water fill station (looks like a pot filler some might have in their kitchen over their stove to boil pasta) mounted on the wall would be pinned between the Coke fountain and wall.

Only way I could see them including this at the lounge is if Prestige included all season drinks (either paper or reusable cup options).

You forgot how they treat the Prestige pass holders LOL .  I wouldn't expect them to provide carbonated Coca-Cola LOL.  Prestige would get flat drinks.

Heck even when they were providing bottled drinks, everyone said they were kinda warm LOL.