Haunt question

Vortex1987

Kings Island is gearing up for its 2023 haunt season. I'm pretty sure, if I'm correct, they use the former home of TR: TR as a haunt. 

I'm curious, does the haunt go into the ride chamber, all the way through the building? And can I go through with a no-boo bracelet? I honestly just want to see the remains of The Crypt/TR: TR.  Is this allowed? 

Thank you! :lol:

• Like 1

I wish I could go through with a flashlight or a headlamp. I honestly just want to see the remains of one of the greatest defunct rides ever built. 

I've also been curious for years, how in the absolute heck did they manage to get that ride out of the building? Like, how?! I know the building has a garage door on the side of it, but I'm just unsure how the would have gotten that thing out after demolishing it without destroying the whole building. 

Also, aren't there a few seats left over off the ride in FOF's building?

I'd give ANYTHING for one of those seats.  TR: TR and The Crypt has intrigued me for years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

does the haunt go into the ride chamber, all the way through the building?

Yes it does!

3 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

And can I go through with a no-boo bracelet?

No boos don’t work inside the mazes, only the scare zones.

2 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

I wish I could go through with a flashlight or a headlamp.

Please don’t. :lol:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

I wish I could go through with a flashlight or a headlamp. I honestly just want to see the remains of one of the greatest defunct rides ever built. 

I've also been curious for years, how in the absolute heck did they manage to get that ride out of the building? Like, how?! I know the building has a garage door on the side of it, but I'm just unsure how the would have gotten that thing out after demolishing it without destroying the whole building. 

Also, aren't there a few seats left over off the ride in FOF's building?

I'd give ANYTHING for one of those seats.  TR: TR and The Crypt has intrigued me for years.

Not much remains inside. From what I gathered, the ride was dismantled inside and removed in pieces from the building. There were a few seats in FOF not sure if they are still there. 

• Like 1

The goddess is still there!??!?!?!  Holy crap!!! I wonder what else remains. 

How do I get into hallotween and when is it? I have a niece who would love to do an event like that so this is a perfect chance for her to go to the Halloween Haunt, and for me to get to see the inside of the building.  I'd love to see the rest of the queue too if thats doable. Tomb raider the ride has had me intrigued for a very long time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vortex1987 said:

The goddess is still there!??!?!?!  Holy crap!!! I wonder what else remains. 

How do I get into hallotween and when is it? I have a niece who would love to do an event like that so this is a perfect chance for her to go to the Halloween Haunt, and for me to get to see the inside of the building.  I'd love to see the rest of the queue too if thats doable. Tomb raider the ride has had me intrigued for a very long time. 

Almost all of the theming is there except the ride itself. HalloTween should be on Saturdays and Sundays in the afternoon during the fall season. You can check Kings Island's website & social media for more updates. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 9:49 PM, Vortex1987 said:

I wish I could go through with a flashlight or a headlamp

Gosh I miss Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror: Lights Out! it was such a neat concept even though it lasted a year.

However I feel for the actors in there who got flashbanged every 5 seconds by a group with someone who's easily scared holding the light.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

A have a Haunt question- why did we never get a Phantom Theater Haunt? I’m not talking about recycling the props and figures for existing mazes that’s been going on for years, I’m talking about a concept that focuses on the original Phantom Theater IP.

Hilda Bovine is too classy for such a thing as that!

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

A have a Haunt question- why did we never get a Phantom Theater Haunt? I’m not talking about recycling the props and figures for existing mazes that’s been going on for years, I’m talking about a concept that focuses on the original Phantom Theater IP.

Perhaps the return of Phantom Theater is to be something of greater magnitude?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheBeast54 said:

Gosh I miss Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror: Lights Out! it was such a neat concept even though it lasted a year.

However I feel for the actors in there who got flashbanged every 5 seconds by a group with someone who's easily scared holding the light.

The absolute worst thing the park did for Haunt that year...when MFCoT was installed they spent a lot of $$ on building it, props, designs, costumes, etc. and then they just turned the lights out. The theme went away and now you're just in the dark trying to find your way around. CP did this with Hexed as well...stupid. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

The best year, IMO, of Haunt/Fearfest was the first and they had Phantom Theatre with actors inside.

On 8/25/2023 at 12:44 PM, Orion-XL200 said:

Not much remains inside. From what I gathered, the ride was dismantled inside and removed in pieces from the building. There were a few seats in FOF not sure if they are still there. 

There was actually a hinge on the exit side of the support structure. I remember for years hearing that the ride was designed to be able to be dismantled without destroying the building. I guess we found that to be true. 

• Like 2

With KD & WOF now choosing to have park policy change for Haunt , how long before KI changes their policy also for Haunt. Since they have delayed any Haunt information, I am awaiting their decision soon to be either announced or released on the website soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exactly were the park policy changes for Haunt?  Are you referring to the fact that the park calendar lists the park being closed for an hour between the day operations and Haunt?  If so, KI`s calendar does not list that same hour of not being open.  Haunt is included with your pass, so its not like back in 2000-2002, when Haunt was an extra charge and they cleared the park of guests before letting the Haunt guests in.  Although from a security standpoint that could be why they are doing that.  Seems like a pain to clear the park and let everyone back in though...  There is a reason why KI has not allowed re-entry after a certain time for Haunt.

• Like 1

What exactly were the park policy changes for Haunt?  Are you referring to the fact that the park calendar lists the park being closed for an hour between the day operations and Haunt?  If so, KI`s calendar does not list that same hour of not being open.  Haunt is included with your pass, so its not like back in 2000-2002, when Haunt was an extra charge and they cleared the park of guests before letting the Haunt guests in.  Although from a security standpoint that could be why they are doing that.  Seems like a pain to clear the park and let everyone back in though...  There is a reason why KI has not allowed re-entry after a certain time for Haunt.

Yes exactly about having everyone exit the park and then reopen for Haunt. Do you have any experience with this at Carowinds on the process? These other parks also had a no re-entry policy for Haunt and now have switched over to this special event re-entry.

• Like 1

I think they are experimenting with cleaning the park at Carowinds to make their bag policy more effective.  If you enter during the day, you can bring purses, diaper bags, fanny packs, etc.  (probably strollers prohibited as well) - With the cleaning of the park, in theory, all these times would leave the park (assuming they will reset and clear out the lockers of items left behind during the daytime hours?).  Wonder when KI will have the park clearing and enforcement of the bag policy?

IMG_1892.png

5 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

The absolute worst thing the park did for Haunt that year...when MFCoT was installed they spent a lot of $$ on building it, props, designs, costumes, etc. and then they just turned the lights out. The theme went away and now you're just in the dark trying to find your way around. CP did this with Hexed as well...stupid. 

I completely agree with you.  Madame Fatale's and Hexed both have great decor inside of them, and to take two of the most well decorated houses and turn them into "find your way in the dark" situations just seemed an odd choice to me.

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

Haunt is included with your pass, so its not like back in 2000-2002, when Haunt was an extra charge and they cleared the park of guests before letting the Haunt guests in. 

I was Admissions Supervisor at the time, and Kings Island never cleared the park out completely for FearFest. During the planning stages of FearFest, there had been talk about us doing that because other parks do it, but my manager and I spoke up against it due to it being a logistical nightmare.  To have the entire park empty out, have day guest/FearFest combo people wait in the area outside the front gate, with more people coming up to wait to get in, while having non-FearFest attendees exit into all those people who were just standing there waiting would have been a lot of unnecessary hassle in our opinion.

Instead, FearFest attendees could redeem their FearFest ticket for a wristband at multiple locations. Day guests could stay in the park, but only those with wristbands could ride the rides and go through the houses. We turned the front gate into enter only, and had bike racks, signs and people set up on the inside of the front gate to direct people to exit through the old season pass gate. That way we could keep the traffic flowing in one way and out another.

• Like 1

Don't the clear the park on one of the park rental days before opening Haunt?

If your referring to the Saturday from 7pm start time , no as Toyota employees are allowed to stay in the park for Haunt also.

• Like 1

What is the holdout on announcing the Haunt information online ? Last year, mazes, live entertainment and tricks and treats food was announced on Aug 22, 2022, so what’s the plan? What’s the hold up ? Did someone forget ? 0e6c9283c3bf57f58ad87ffe1d784276.jpg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

What is the holdout on announcing the Haunt information online ? Last year, mazes, live entertainment and tricks and treats food was announced on Aug 22, 2022, so what’s the plan? What’s the hold up ? Did someone forget ? 0e6c9283c3bf57f58ad87ffe1d784276.jpg

They’re waiting to get your vote for the best haunt event before they actually show what budget cuts they have in store for us. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2023 at 8:04 PM, jdf21972 said:

What is the holdout on announcing the Haunt information online ? Last year, mazes, live entertainment and tricks and treats food was announced on Aug 22, 2022, so what’s the plan? What’s the hold up ? Did someone forget ? 

Probably still dont know if they will have enough employees to cover every haunt attraction. 

• Like 1