Improve one coaster without altering the layout

SonofBaconator

3 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Once SIX slaps the K-Mart sponsor sticker on Orion, they can add the rotating blue light to the top of the lift hill to inform guests that the queue line is under 15 minutes :P

What is a Blue Light Special? (with pictures)

I'm not sure why I laughed so much at this.  That was a good one. 

On 11/1/2023 at 11:13 AM, Orion742 said:

I do know the vest trains are lighter but I don’t know 100% that it causes the rattle it is very likely.

If that's the case, I'm sure it was unexpected and for future inverts using the new train style, B&M could modify them to be generally the same, but heavier. Perhaps go back to four main supports, one for each seat, to increase weight while otherwise staying the same kind of seats.

On 11/2/2023 at 11:20 AM, Tr0y said:

Banshee is purple, Bizzaro is purple.

I believe you mean Banshee USED to be purple. The paint fade has brought it to more of a maroon now.

1 hour ago, PKIDelirium said:

If that's the case, I'm sure it was unexpected and for future inverts using the new train style, B&M could modify them to be generally the same, but heavier. Perhaps go back to four main supports, one for each seat, to increase weight while otherwise staying the same kind of seats.

I believe you mean Banshee USED to be purple. The paint fade has brought it to more of a maroon now.

In fact, B&M has gone away completely from using vests on inverts. Monster at Grona Lund opened in 2021 with an updated over the shoulder restraint that is more comfortable but runs the track way better. Also, the new Phoenix Rising at BGT in 2024 will have a lap bar no vests. 

The Family Invert trains have been the pull-over lap bars since the original design concepts, but they're not aggressive enough to need anything else.

Monster is, uh, a VERY strange structural design. I wonder if B&M considered the vest trains to be a design failure due to being too light so did a new restraint design with the four-pylon trains.

The vests are very open, I wonder if there's a way to use them with four structural pylons on the train like I said before so you have the vests but also enough weight.

2 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Kings Island shouldn't have Six Flags theming into that park. Beside, Cedar Fair is running the business.

Also It's best not to include other IP base outside of Cedar Fair.  Let the Peanuts ride the og 11 Cedar Fair Parks, and Six Flags with DC and Looney Tunes.

At some point KI will get Six Flags associated with it.  Probably not the blatantly obvious Six Flags over Kings Island, but more subtle like Great Escape - A Six Flags Theme Park.  Why else would the "majority" owner Cedar Fair take the name Six Flags?

One of the "marketing" selling points of the Six Flags name is their parks have that in their name and it is easy brand recognition (even if folks seem to have a negative connotation to it).  If that wasn't important, the company would be moving forward as Cedar Fair and then the Six Flags parks could have the little *A Cedar Fair Theme Park under the Six Flags branding.

Nothing will change with the IPs in the short term.  Those contracts typically have a lot of terms and conditions.  They won't be able to slap Peanuts and Snoopy all over Six Flags without a major bump in pay to the Peanuts license holder, and the same with DC and Looney Tunes.

The parks will merge and spend some time strategizing and then figure out how best to move forward and then enter into discussions with the owners of the IP.

• 9 months later...

Going off property for this one:

Give a coaster the reverse train gimmick. I remember reading that recaR was created for guest satisfaction after the original Bat failed. In a sense, this could be a temporary solution to remedy something like TT2’s downtime if CP temporarily flipped Rougarou’s trains. 

Just now, SonofBaconator said:

Going off property for this one:

Give a coaster the reverse train gimmick. I remember reading that recaR was created for guest satisfaction after the original Bat failed. In a sense, this could be a temporary solution to remedy something like TT2’s downtime if CP temporarily flipped Rougarou’s trains. 

I'm not sure how it works with insurance and legal aspects but if CP was going to turn a coaster backwards, I'd say flip one side of Gemini backwards or flip the back three cars on iron Dragon backwards. I believe XLR-8 at astroworld had 3 forward and 3 backwards facing cars for a few seasons... 

• Like 1