Kings Island 2024 Entertainment Auditions

DonHelbig

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I have a question regarding auditions for instruments- they use a hired group for some shows, what do they do with additional horn/guitar/drum players who audition?  

Asking as I may indulge in auditioning on sax again.

I don’t think the policy is to hire by groups. I think they hired River City because they know the right people, no disrespect - they’re awesome!

Go ahead and audition! They will probably need a sax player. What’s the worst that can happen???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don’t think the policy is to hire by groups. I think they hired River City because they know the right people, no disrespect - they’re awesome!

Go ahead and audition! They will probably need a sax player. What’s the worst that can happen???

Oh I respect them a lot, I know one of the trumpet players, they're great.  

2024 will be the first season outside of the two-year cycle of the 50th celebration shows so we'll see what kind of lineup the park has in mind. It's encouraging to see the audition list many of the usual positions, so it will hopefully be business as usual with major productions at Festhaus and the Bandstand at least.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Is there any place on the official KI website or the Cedar Fair website that information about the auditions is listed? 

Auditions don’t start for 10 days, so it’s probably too early to give those interested in auditioning notice and information on the website, mobile app, social media, and stories about the auditions placed in news media outlets throughout Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DonHelbig said:

Auditions don’t start for 10 days, so it’s probably too early to give those interested in auditioning notice and information on the website, mobile app, social media, and stories about the auditions placed in news media outlets throughout Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. 

Have those markets been getting much coverage since the late 2010s? I know in the Columbus, OH market, there is hardly coverage for KI, including things such as Adventure Port, Winterfest, Entertainment Auditions, etc. Why is that?

2 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

Have those markets been getting much coverage since the late 2010s? I know in the Columbus, OH market, there is hardly coverage for KI, including things such as Adventure Port, Winterfest, Entertainment Auditions, etc. Why is that?

CF would rather you go to CP with hopes you would book a hotel room through them. ;)

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

dab-rihanna.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

CF would rather you go to CP with hopes you would book a hotel room through them. 

When I did PR at Kings Island from 2007-2017, I made a minimum of two media trips a year to Columbus (and other key outer market cities) to visit the TV stations, which included in-studio morning and noon news show interviews. I'd go before Memorial Day to talk about what was new each year along with Soak City opening and being included with park admission, and again in the fall to talk about Halloween Haunt before the event opened. Long before I started working at the park, the PR folks like Ruth Voss would book me for interviews on the TV and radio stations in these markets to talk about my ride exploits on The Racer, The Beast, what was new, and how having a season pass made it affordable for me to spend as much time as I did at the park. When i was doing PR it was never difficult to get booked to do in-studio interviews to talk about the park. It was as simple as pitching here's what's new and why it mattered to their audience. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, DonHelbig said:

When I did PR at Kings Island from 2007-2017, I made a minimum of two media trips a year to Columbus (and other key outer market cities) to visit the TV stations, which included in-studio morning and noon news show interviews. I'd go before Memorial Day to talk about what was new each year along with Soak City opening and being included with park admission, and again in the fall to talk about Halloween Haunt before the event opened. Long before I started working at the park, the PR folks like Ruth Voss would book me for interviews on the TV and radio stations in these markets to talk about my ride exploits on The Racer, The Beast, what was new, and how having a season pass made it affordable for me to spend as much time as I did at the park. When i was doing PR it was never difficult to get booked to do in-studio interviews to talk about the park. It was as simple as pitching here's what's new and why it mattered to their audience. 

Oof… did you get a write up or at least a stern talking to for invading Cedar Point’s territory?

6 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Oof… did you get a write up or at least a stern talking to for invading Cedar Point’s territory?

No. The people I worked with and reported to during my PR years enjoyed seeing earned media placements for Kings Island in Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, Detroit, the Sandusky Register. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

IMG_6292.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DonHelbig said:

No. The people I worked with and reported to during my PR years enjoyed seeing earned media placements for Kings Island in Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, Detroit, the Sandusky Register. 

Well that debunks my conspiracy theory. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
34 minutes ago, Macie said:

Does anyone know if Winter Fest auditions are coming up?  And where I might be able to get audition information?

It might be best to call the park. It does not seem much notice is given on social media these days. Once I hear about it, I will post on the KIC social channels as well.