Restaurants OR Food You Want To Bring Back To Kings Island?

Is there a restaurant or food that Kings Island replaced or got rid of? For me I really wish they never got rid of Hanks Burrito Shack, I always loved eating in there, especially the big portions of food! :P

Well comment down below if there is a food or restaurant you would to bring back to Kings Island. :)

I'd love German food in Festhaus. An Izzy's franchise would be great too (for those who aren't local, Izzy's is a Cincinnati-area chain of sandwich shops particularly famous for their Reubens)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

I'd love German food in Festhaus. An Izzy's franchise would be great too (for those who aren't local, Izzy's is a Cincinnati-area chain of sandwich shops particularly famous for their Reubens)

I'd definitely love to see German food in the FestHaus it would definitely fit the theming.

A hot dog cart (or as they're called in some European countries, a pølsevogne) on International Street. It's another quick service option that can be run by one person.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 7:06 PM, chad_1138 said:

The Pommes Frites at The French Corner.

It shows them on the Kings Island Menu, under where you can use the dining pass.

The French Corner

Chicken Salad Croissant & Pommes Frites

Ham Croissant & Pommes Frites

Italian Croissant & Pommes Frites

Soup of the Day & Baguette

Boston Cream Pie Crème Éclair (Premium All Day Dining only)

Fondue for Two (Premium All Day Dining only)

Unless maybe this is old and they don't update it.

• Like 1

The International Restaurant. It was such a nice break on a hot day to go inside, get a genuinely good meal (from what I remember at age 12 -- I do remember it was steak, though), and enjoy a great view. I'm really bummed they haven't figured out how to do anything other than special events at this. 

I also wish they would focus on the food quality and experience inside Festhaus. The pizza is usually not nearly as good as you can get at other locations, and the way it's either pizza/burgers or Panda Express just feels like a food court in a dead mall (the bar is fine, though). Bring back the German food, as others have said, and also put another show in there so there's usually one playing every two hours or so (several times we've gone and there's no show that day). It used to feel like an event to go in there and see an ice show or something truly good. 

Also, I feel like KI needs a fun family restaurant in Planet Snoopy. Somewhere where you can take the kids if it's raining or get them food in an air-conditioned location without having to leave the area. You could have all the kids' staples -- chicken fingers, pizza, burgers. But the selections now over there are all hot or insanely packed.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cdubbs727 said:

The International Restaurant. It was such a nice break on a hot day to go inside, get a genuinely good meal (from what I remember at age 12 -- I do remember it was steak, though), and enjoy a great view. I'm really bummed they haven't figured out how to do anything other than special events at this. 

I also wish they would focus on the food quality and experience inside Festhaus. The pizza is usually not nearly as good as you can get at other locations, and the way it's either pizza/burgers or Panda Express just feels like a food court in a dead mall (the bar is fine, though). Bring back the German food, as others have said, and also put another show in there so there's usually one playing every two hours or so (several times we've gone and there's no show that day). It used to feel like an event to go in there and see an ice show or something truly good. 

Also, I feel like KI needs a fun family restaurant in Planet Snoopy. Somewhere where you can take the kids if it's raining or get them food in an air-conditioned location without having to leave the area. You could have all the kids' staples -- chicken fingers, pizza, burgers. But the selections now over there are all hot or insanely packed.  

I agree with bringing back German food and more inside restaurants would be good.

6 hours ago, cdubbs727 said:

When the park first added the buffet in the IR for Winterfest, it was great. I can't tell you after the first year or two, when they switched to a menu that featured things that most people have never heard of. That was a turn off for me and I could see families not wanting to spend the $ to go up there for food they may or may not eat.  It would be great if they could figure out a menu that isn't so exotic but not the typical chicken tenders/burger type either. A happy medium would be great. Eating up there and watching over I-Street is always a joy.

Festhuas is a different breed. I really don't like that they have shows in there. But this isn't about that.....so food. Panda Express is just okay. The remainder of the food is food court food. I still would like to see a renovation like Harmony Hall at Carowinds. 

Aren't we supposed to have something like Pigpen's Mess Hall? 

• Like 1

I don’t have a specific suggestion, but I think KI would do well to have a few more items that are KI exclusive. 

Think of the blue cone. For me they are a guilty pleasure. While I’d like to be able to get one at UDF anytime, it’s actually more special that a blue cone is only available at KI. 

KI should have a few more exclusive items like that. Things with Kings Islandy names but also unique flavors. 

Butterbeer at Universal is another great example. My family still looks forward to butterbeer as much as the rides when we plan a trip there. 

Back in the 80’s, KI had these frozen tropical drinks (called Congo Coolers?) back by the Demon and also near the Zodiak. I emptied my piggy bank to enjoy those many times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckeye Brad said:

I don’t have a specific suggestion, but I think KI would do well to have a few more items that are KI exclusive. 

Think of the blue cone. For me they are a guilty pleasure. While I’d like to be able to get one at UDF anytime, it’s actually more special that a blue cone is only available at KI. 

KI should have a few more exclusive items like that. Things with Kings Islandy names but also unique flavors. 

Butterbeer at Universal is another great example. My family still looks forward to butterbeer as much as the rides when we plan a trip there. 

Back in the 80’s, KI had these frozen tropical drinks (called Congo Coolers?) back by the Demon and also near the Zodiak. I emptied my piggy bank to enjoy those many times. 

agreed. would love to have more KI exclusive type foods. maybe more colors of ice cream with flavors you dont see anywhere else. or make the blue ice cream into different stuff. blue ice cream sundaes, etc. be cool if they had something like the crazy mason milkshake bar at KI with that but that wont happen. (ive had a dessert craving all day if you cant tell lol)

i also think tho it would be great to have more options of different international foods. german food in the festhaus. more bbq style stuff in the coney mall area. go real wild and have like roadkill themed foods with rivertown. 

After visiting both Disneyworld's and Busch Gardens Williamsburg Festhaus in the recent past and how much fun they both were with the German fare as well as great entertainment, my wish is to have something similar at KI.

Both places at those two other parks have a variety of food for those not wanting German food. But, the focus is on the German and/or overall world heritage, food and fun side of that.

Right now, for me, our version is just a nice shortcut that has some air conditioning to another part of the park. I like some Panda Express at times, and maybe a way overpriced beer at times but all the building is now is a glorified food court. Such an iconic building in the park could be something so much more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3dgyrat said:

agreed. would love to have more KI exclusive type foods. maybe more colors of ice cream with flavors you dont see anywhere else. or make the blue ice cream into different stuff. blue ice cream sundaes, etc. be cool if they had something like the crazy mason milkshake bar at KI with that but that wont happen. (ive had a dessert craving all day if you cant tell lol)

i also think tho it would be great to have more options of different international foods. german food in the festhaus. more bbq style stuff in the coney mall area. go real wild and have like roadkill themed foods with rivertown. 

There were blue ice cream crazy mason jar milkshakes at KI if I remember correctly....how available they were though...

They do have blue ice cream fudge, have had various blue ice creams flavored things in the past. 

19 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

There were blue ice cream crazy mason jar milkshakes at KI if I remember correctly....how available they were though...

They do have blue ice cream fudge, have had various blue ice creams flavored things in the past. 

Just looked it up, juke box diner did them, not sure if they still do though. i didnt see them doing it last year but i also didnt go in there all the time.

James Major on X: "Have you been by Juke Box for the EXTREME Milkshakes?  Come on by for a All-American Burger, Fries & Shake and “Rock Around the  Clock” @KingsIslandPR ! #fungood # image.jpeg

• Like 1

Reopening International Restaurant for sure. I never ate there, so all I know of it is second hand reports of it. I think people would really value the view! And getting out of the blazing heat. It doesn't have to be formal (was it? I assumed so). Make the menu similar to Brewhouse, and people will come.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 11:57 AM, MeredithGrey said:

Reopening International Restaurant for sure. I never ate there, so all I know of it is second hand reports of it. I think people would really value the view! And getting out of the blazing heat. It doesn't have to be formal (was it? I assumed so). Make the menu similar to Brewhouse, and people will come.

I agree with the amazing view, perhaps turning it into a buffet of different food varietys?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

I agree with the amazing view, perhaps turning it into a buffet of different food varietys?

Desserts will be an extra 8.00 each, or you can get a season long dessert add on for 80.00.

Tap water is always free, of course, for Prestige Pass suckers... passholders.

• Haha 1

Ok so, I'm not in any way shape or form a huge fan of pumpkin spice or seeing the need for everything to be pumpkin spice flavored...however...I really really reeeeeeally LOVED the pumpkin spice funnel cake that they had a few years back as one of the special treat offerings during the fall season. I would be stoked if they brought it back every year and not as a mini-funnel cake, but a full sized one. 

• Like 1