Possible water coaster 2025

The rumors thread is now locked so I'm going with this is the thread we're supposed to be using for discussion? If not someone please direct to the proper place. 

Anyway, I think a Soak City addition isn't surprising considering its been nearly 10 years since tropical plunge. I am not a water park goer so SC additions never do much if anything for me but it's still good to see the park investing in an area they haven't touched for close to a decade. J think this project looks like something water park goers would really enjoy and I hope it brings a lot of people into the park in 2025. 

• Like 3

I've been on a couple water coasters. They are decent rides, but I'm also not much of a water park guy. Lines there all move too slowly for my liking, and a Master Blaster will be no exception. It'll be something I may ride at most once per year on a slow day. I'm sure the masses that like the water park will enjoy, but it's a very "meh" addition to me personally. Still, I agree that the water park has been neglected for quite some time, so I'm not upset to see something added.

In the meantime, I'll just keep hoping that a big coaster announcement is coming for the following year.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just saw the other discussion in rumors. Sorry for the double post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder when we will be seeing an announcement or anything that they are planning to announce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well with the posts today by the park, hoping for a Cheetah Chase type of racing water coaster! Just went to Holiday a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed the water coasters. And the tons of Voyage rides!

• Like 1

A quick glance at their website shows they're behind the slides at CoCoCay (Royal Caribbean's private island), so that's a good sign.. HW used ProSlide for Mammoth and CC, so I'll be curious to see what these guys have in mind for KI. May finally be a reason to start visiting SC again next year.

I'd also venture to mention that additions like this come in groups. I would not be surprised if parks like Carowinds and Cedar Point got some form of water coaster over the next few years. 

To say I'm excited is an understatement. I've been begging for a water coaster since I was a lifeguard at SC, I'll definitely be at the preview day (if they have one, come on I'm the one guy on here who probably goes more than 95% of the KIC population please give us a GP preview day!) 

• Like 2

Current marketing in Soak City for the 2025 addition. I wish we got a fleshed out media campaign like we did for mystic. (Should anyone wish to use these photos please just reference me you have my permission!)

IMG_2304.jpeg

IMG_2305.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

• Like 3

Very happy to see the park teasing like this again instead of just a random picture with a date on it the day before the announced like the last 2 years. Hoping this is a sign for the future and when Vortex's replacement comes around hopefully in a couple years that we see a well thought out pretty much all summer teasing campaign like with Banshee and Mystic Timbers. 

• Like 3

On 8/4/2024 at 2:05 PM, BB1 said:

Current marketing in Soak City for the 2025 addition. I wish we got a fleshed out media campaign like we did for mystic. (Should anyone wish to use these photos please just reference me you have my permission!)

That fence has seen better days for sure, but I expect they'll have to install a new one further back towards the road anyway.

1 hour ago, DoomPlague said:

I think we need a new term for these. Or for the rollercoaster water coasters. Which was first?

Schlitterbahn created it, the original was in 1996. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Blaster_(Schlitterbahn)

WhiteWater West builds them now. Master Blaster is a fairly recognizable term for the overall type.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoomPlague said:

I think we need a new term for these. Or for the rollercoaster water coasters. Which was first?

Aqua Trax = Coaster that can float or goes into the water at some point

Water Coaster = tube slide that has some form of propulsion that guides a tube up hills on the circuit.