2025 All Park Passport may be a worst case scenario

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. IT stuff takes a lot of work in situations like this - they have to work with Accesso and/or other vendors to migrate data from one system to another, figure out what software/hardware updates are required at each park, figure out how to pay for all the necessary technology changes... As I recall it took a couple of years for CF to get all that straightened out after they bought the former Parmount parks. They'll also need to figure out how they're going to do mobile apps. I actually prefer having a separate app for each park, but developing/maintaining 43 apps for each platform (Android, iOS and any other platforms they may support) could be hard to do.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 2:33 PM, Oldiesmann said:

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. IT stuff takes a lot of work in situations like this - they have to work with Accesso and/or other vendors to migrate data from one system to another, figure out what software/hardware updates are required at each park, figure out how to pay for all the necessary technology changes... As I recall it took a couple of years for CF to get all that straightened out after they bought the former Parmount parks. They'll also need to figure out how they're going to do mobile apps. I actually prefer having a separate app for each park, but developing/maintaining 43 apps for each platform (Android, iOS and any other platforms they may support) could be hard to do.

If only they knew since at least November of last year that they were going to face this at some point this year...

• Like 2

The CF/Paramount season pass integration was clumsy for a while and that was only five parks (and their admissions system, because CF was still using an ancient setup and Paramount's Gate Central was adopted chainwide), but for the number of additional parks here, it'll take some time to get them all transferred over to the Cedar Fair admissions infrastructure and get every park's systems playing nice with each other. Better to do it slowly than have a chaotic integration plagued by technical woes.

41 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

The CF/Paramount season pass integration was clumsy for a while and that was only five parks (and their admissions system, because CF was still using an ancient setup and Paramount's Gate Central was adopted chainwide), but for the number of additional parks here, it'll take some time to get them all transferred over to the Cedar Fair admissions infrastructure and get every park's systems playing nice with each other. Better to do it slowly than have a chaotic integration plagued by technical woes.

The integration was rough because they couldn’t integrate Gate Central that quickly. 

The acquisition was closed on July 30, 2006 and your pass worked at the legacy parks on day one of 2007. It wasn’t pretty, (if I recall, they hand-wrote your pass number at Cedar Point) but it did work. 

With how inept communication is from the park now, just imagine them trying to convey the message, “Your All Park Passport is only good for some of the parks until later this summer then it’ll be all of the parks, and by the way, your add one only work at some of the parks all year.”

The Carnivale parade was at 9:00 this year instead of 7:00 and they even failed to get that message out properly. 

Good luck with the matter at hand. 

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The integration was rough because they couldn’t integrate Gate Central that quickly. 

The acquisition was closed on July 30, 2006 and your pass worked at the legacy parks on day one of 2007. It wasn’t pretty, (if I recall, they hand-wrote your pass number at Cedar Point) but it did work. 

With how inept communication is from the park now, just imagine them trying to convey the message, “Your All Park Passport is only good for some of the parks until later this summer then it’ll be all of the parks, and by the way, your add one only work at some of the parks all year.”

The Carnivale parade was at 9:00 this year instead of 7:00 and they even failed to get that message out properly. 

Good luck with the matter at hand. 

So what are the people with passes to SIX and FUN legacy parks going to do come renewal time that may be trying to plan a trip and don't wanna overpay by renewing both passes if at some point some parks may be available to them from the other legacy chain?

Will this be the year they see early renewals take a nose dive while everyone waits until next year to see what is being offered?

"Just pay us in August what you paid for 2024 passes and add-ons and sometime next year we will tell you what that gets you for 2025 and how much you owe to get what you want" :P

39 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

"Just pay us in August what you paid for 2024 passes and add-ons and sometime next year we will tell you what that gets you for 2025 and how much you owe to get what you want" :P

Terms are subject to change. No refunds.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

If only they knew since at least November of last year that they were going to face this at some point this year...

This assumes a CF/SF chain-wide pass is a priority for the company, and I have no Earthly idea why it should be a priority. It's not like there are that many people who would even be affected by this.

8 hours ago, disco2000 said:

So what are the people with passes to SIX and FUN legacy parks going to do come renewal time that may be trying to plan a trip and don't wanna overpay by renewing both passes if at some point some parks may be available to them from the other legacy chain?

If someone purchased SF and/or CF chain-wide passes in 2024, and those same individuals willingly purchase the same chain-wide passes in 2025, then what's the problem regardless of what happens with a combined pass thereafter? Either the individual passes are worth the cost to the individual at the time of purchase or not. That someone else may get a better price or whatever is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, DispatchMaster said:

If someone purchased SF and/or CF chain-wide passes in 2024, and those same individuals willingly purchase the same chain-wide passes in 2025, then what's the problem regardless of what happens with a combined pass thereafter? Either the individual passes are worth the cost to the individual at the time of purchase or not. That someone else may get a better price or whatever is irrelevant.

You must not have paid attention to the uproar when the legacy Six Flags chain bounced SP prices all over the place.  When someone bought a pass for XXX and a month later it was X, that was VERY relevant to them and the others.

Yes, I know that this post will be met with your typical pompous pseudo-educated diatribe, but that's to be expected with about any post you make.  

• Like 1

Considering how early passes go on sale traditionally, there is a lot of wiggle room for when a merged pass system could work chain wide, and cause minimal problems.  Everything from January 1st, to before the majority of the Cedar Fair parks open for 2025 seems fine to me.  Obviously Knott’s is open year round so having everything ready January 1st would be for the best.

This is the problem with reports like this.  Even if the information they received was real,  it might actually mean very little.

I am reminded of when Disney made a nationwide annual pass good at both Disney World and Disneyland.  It was so expensive that effectively there was no savings, you could have just purchased two passes, one to each resort for the price.  The resorts systems were developed separately and were not compatible, so how did they make a pass good on both coasts?  They cheated and just made a plastic card that had two passes on a single crowded card.  Customers with the pass still had to have an account with both Disneyland and Disney World.  The reality was guests actually had two annual passes just with a fancy exclusive plastic card.

Selling a merged annual pass is honestly not the hard part.  Making all the systems work together is difficult.  I am wondering how they will handle the legacy products like the old Six Flags memberships, a lot of promises surrounding those had been made.  50% off of all merchandise, meal plans with no time limits, that include a snack, free drink bottles, and a lot more.  Plus free months which start at cancellation, combined with the months due to charging while parks were closed due to COVID, I am betting there are members with more than a year of free membership they are owed.

The top tier memberships costs less than a prestige pass and has better benefits.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 1:57 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

IMG_0511.jpeg

Parkfans.net is SO not invited to my media day. 

It’s things like this that doesn’t put one at ease with having any add ons for the 2025 season. Today it’s this but tomorrow it’s something else. I would stress to anyone to exercise caution for the 2025-2026 season as the newly merged company figures itself out. There will likely be changes, and certainly no refunds.

https://www.schlitterbahn.com/new-braunfels/season-passes/all-park-passport

Well the first park (that I am aware of) in the combined chain has announced 2025 annual passes, including an all park passport add on good for the entire chain.  So when is the switch over to a true chain wide product?  January 6th.  So starting January 6th, 2025, passes with the all park add on are truly chain wide, valid at both legacy Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks.

Pricing, this is only valid at Schlitterbahn, but should give you an idea of other parks prices.

Pass $115

All Park Add on $75

Dining plan $155

Drink plan $35/50 (regular/premium)

Grand total feels about the same as last year.  I am unsure what the prices were at Schlitterbahn last year for a 2024 pass, but the concerns about pricing, and not being able to use the pass at the entire chain feel unwarranted.  Schlitterbahn did not have a prestige pass or season long Fast Lane products available this year and that appears to continue to be true.

Events & Fun, Planning

The All Park Passport Will Soon Take You Further

July 29, 2024

Cedar Point is excited to announce that the All Park Passport add-on will offer access to more parks starting in 2025. The All Park Passport is an add-on that allows you to access additional Six Flags parks with a 2025 Cedar Point Gold or Prestige Pass.

When you purchase a 2025 Cedar Point Gold or Prestige Pass with the All Park Passport add-on this fall, you will be able to access the following legacy Cedar Fair parks any public operating day in 2024:

California’s Great America (Santa Clara, CA)

Canada’s Wonderland (Vaughan, ON)

Carowinds (Charlotte, NC)

Cedar Point (Sandusky, OH)

Cedar Point Shores (Sandusky, OH)

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (Allentown, PA)

Kings Dominion & Soak City (Doswell, VA)

Kings Island (Mason, OH)

Knott’s Berry Farm (Buena Park, CA)

Knott’s Soak City (Buena Park, CA)

Michigan’s Adventure & WildWater Adventure (Muskegon, MI)

Schlitterbahn Waterpark Galveston (Galveston, TX)

Schlitterbahn New Braunfels (New Braunfels, TX)

Valleyfair & Soak City (Shakopee, MN)

Worlds of Fun & Oceans of Fun (Kansas City, MO)

However, your 2025 Cedar Point Gold or Prestige Pass with the All Park Passport add-on will be valid for parking & entry at all legacy Six Flags parks starting January 6th, 2025, including:

Six Flags Magic Mountain (Valencia, CA)

Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ)

Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL)

Six Flags Over Texas (Arlington, TX)

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio, TX)

Six Flags Over Georgia (Austell, GA)

And More!

Please note that 2025 Cedar Point All Park Passport Season Pass add-ons, including All-Season Dining, All-Season Drink Bottle, Fast Lane and others will only be valid at legacy Cedar Fair parks for the entire 2025 season. Add-ons purchased with a legacy Six Flags park Season Pass will only be valid at legacy Six Flags parks for the entire 2025 season. Parking and admission are included at all parks with the All Park Passport. Information on specific in-park discounts and benefits will be available at a later date.

2025 Cedar Point Season Passes will go on-sale in the next few weeks so be sure to check the park website regularly for more updates.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/2024/the-all-park-passport-will-soon-take-you-further?fbclid=IwY2xjawEUsDlleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHYK_ph0Kfsyijxd0rD613fZEI301ICWaDo7JjCa3ShXxAZrBM7XxfPatiQ_aem_RB3zHkpI8CEDwxZyXnTnMA

I'm already planning to visit Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg next year. With this announcement I might have to throw Six Flags America in there as well (only two hours from KD). I'll have to see how much vacation time/floating holiday hours I end up with by next summer.

• 3 weeks later...

I just renewed my pass with the all park passport. A friend had bought the drink plan for me this year for my birthday so I renewed that as well. I finally caved in and bought the meal plan too. I've invested about $400 into my pass and add ons for next year and this is what I'm getting - 

Free parking at all CF and SF properties*

Free admission to all CF and SF properties*

Free drinks at legacy CF parks

Free meals at legacy CF parks

No meals or food included at SF parks. 

*Knott's and Wonderland might have some exclusions... will have to check to be sure