Snake River Falls at Cedar Point to close this year.

4 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

This makes me sad. It was a fun ride!

Is it an Arrow ride? I was told that this week by a CP friend. It has a twin at Dorney. 

Yes, Snake River Falls is an Arrow shoot the chute. By comparison, Congo Falls is an Intamin shoot the chute.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, OverlandTaxis30 said:

Link to page.

Makes you wonder how much longer for Congo Falls. 

With Snake River Falls being removed that leaves only one water attraction left in the park. I know the survey CP sent out earlier this year had a Mack water coaster on it. I think that’d be a really good replacement.

• Like 2

I wonder if they are removing it due to low ridership, scarcity of parts, or if they just need the land? I do agree it's sad to see another water ride at CP bite the dust leaving only the absolute drencher Thunder Canyon. I also think it sucks losing another ride in frontier town after the antique Cars went a few years back. Hopefully they are cooking up a cool replacement attraction! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

I wonder if they are removing it due to low ridership, scarcity of parts, or if they just need the land? I do agree it's sad to see another water ride at CP bite the dust leaving only the absolute drencher Thunder Canyon. I also think it sucks losing another ride in frontier town after the antique Cars went a few years back. Hopefully they are cooking up a cool replacement attraction! 

Cedar Point specified they're removing Snake River Falls for "future expansion", which means they already have something in-mind for that area that's likely going to be for 2026. If the reason was because of something specific to the ride like parts or maintenance, they probably would've said it "reached the end of its service life" instead of "future expansion".

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

Cedar Point specified they're removing Snake River Falls for "future expansion", which means they already have something in-mind for that area that's likely going to be for 2026. If the reason was because of something specific to the ride like parts or maintenance, they probably would've said it "reached the end of its service life" instead of "future expansion".

He did say that, although phrased differently:  " end of its serviceable life..."

• Like 2

I've been seeing this on the horizon for awhile now. It is barely open, or at least rarely has a line when I go and is in prime real estate for the park. I'd love to see them go down the Aqua Trax route as they have been teasing it for years now. I would rather not see a boomerang style like at SFOG as the park needs a really good high capacity water ride to suck guests out of the lines of other attractions at the park. If not an Aqua Trax, is there a chance, while small, that CP could maybe go down the log flume route? It is something they lack and would be a great call back to the original flume they had with modern thrills which could take advantage of Millennium Island. 

• Like 2

After the 2015 summer season, there was talk about removing the ride (before Covid) as it was getting band aid fixes. A friend of mine was a part of the team removing some of the electrical components. The removal was temporary as it was decided to try to continue the status quo when it became evident that Shoot The Rapids was to be removed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orion-XL200 said:

After the 2015 summer season, there was talk about removing the ride (before Covid) as it was getting band aid fixes. A friend of mine was a part of the team removing some of the electrical components. The removal was temporary as it was decided to try to continue the status quo when it became evident that Shoot The Rapids was to be removed. 

It's interesting how long they can keep a ride that has seemingly reached the end of its service life with band-aid fixes. I personally think a lot of ride that "reach the end of their service lives" have done their time but the park removes them when it is advantageous to do so... I personally think Vortex would have lasted a few seasons longer but you could tell it's age was showing. The park probably just chose to remove it instead of making any additional band-aid fixes because they knew Orion was opening the following spring. 

• Like 3

I was at Cedar Point for a couple of days in late July last year and the ride wasn't open at all the entire time I was there. It's sad to see it go but as others have said that's prime real estate, so it will be interesting to see what they do with the land.

8 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

I was at Cedar Point for a couple of days in late July last year and the ride wasn't open at all the entire time I was there. It's sad to see it go but as others have said that's prime real estate, so it will be interesting to see what they do with the land.

I was there on June 6 this year and the ride was drained and the boats were pulled off the flume track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Who has been teasing it? How have they been teasing it?

Cedar Point has had it in at least one holiday video, I know they’ve had it on there as a 500ft tall Aqua Trax as it’s been a running joke with Cedar Point for years now. Iirc they had it also at a Winter Chill Out in the past few years as, once again, a running joke that they tease the thoosies with. 

My main point is that it would be ironic if the park actually got an aqua trax finally (sans the 500ft marker of course).

^That has to have been started by TPR.  When I think Aquatrax references, I think TPR (they used to be obsessed with the one Aquatrax coaster actually built- in 2003), and they haven't been relevant in years.  

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

"Snake River's future thrills won't be bad, we surely are not joking!"

Is this implying that whatever is replacing Snake River Falls is still going to have the Snake River theming?

Most likely it is only telling us that whatever is going in that spot will be thrilling.