Peanuts Dark Ride To Replace Boo Blasters?

Someone posted this on Facebook saying Kings Island is sending out surveys through emails which can be confirmed by several other people, one of the surveys being a new dark ride themed to the Peanuts in which is an interactive shooting game involving a county fair. My best guess is that they are finally looking to get rid of Boo Blasters because I think they would put it there for obvious reasons. Kings Island is apparently sending these surveys out to see what the park guests want, another one I've seen is an expansion of The Beast. What do you think of these surveys if you have seen them, also what would you think of a Peanuts Themed Dark Ride? FB_IMG_1722676582273.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like Toy Story Mania concept, while the ride is fun, it is 100% screen based. I would prefer they give an old school nod and create the Peanuts' Enchanted Voyage. A boat ride would be great, but they could use the current ride system and still pull it off.

• Like 2

If they are going to redo the ride, and it's not going to be a Phantom redo, Peanuts makes logical sense.

A four seasons ride would work well as a nod to Smurfs concept, and would tie in well with the Peanuts IP.

I don't think there should be a shooting element, as I'm frankly surprised we still have shooting rides that are geared for children.  

• Like 1

I will die on the hill of BRING BACK PHANTOM THEATER. We have had a low quality, uninteresting dark ride long enough. I do not under any circumstances want to see boo Blaster turned into a screen based ride. I'll always take half working animatronics over a screen. The peanuts ride makes sense for the location but I feel like Kings Island fans and the general public have proven time and time over that they want to see those former attractions restored. Maybe the GP is a little less vocal about it but my family who definitely are not enthusiasts were all excited about the return of the flying scooter ride and the antique autos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Admittedly, most of my disappointment that this concept may be the dark ride they go with for the next 10+ years is because I’m salty it’s not a Phantom Theater reboot, but I do objectively think this is a poor ride theme to go with for a peanuts dark ride. From the concept art and description, it appears that this ride would be extremely similar to the SpongeBob dark ride in Vegas, with multiple carnival games on small screens with a large screen at the end simulating motion (Link for those interested https://youtu.be/GrC_cdI0j-c?si=js4mckg8G_cUjqbB ), and I don’t think that game experience is nearly as good as the Toy Story Mania concept it’s imitating. I think the other two detriments to this idea are that with the 4-6 person vehicles they showed would absolutely kill the current Boo Blasters capacity, making the wait times much longer when it’s currently 5-30 minutes maximum, and that the peanuts brand doesn’t really fit in with the carnival theme, which is probably done to future-proof the ride incase they lose the license. I do think that the updated shooter ride idea can work, but I’d prefer something more closer to the Spiderman webslingers or minion blast attractions at Disney and Universal Studios respectively (and themed to Phantom Theater because just look at my profile picture) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Terrible idea. At least with Boo Blasters, you aren’t shooting at things on a screen.

I never thought I would live in a universe where (should this be true and come to fruition)  I would actually miss Boo Blasters. It would also be weird to not have a “spooky” dark ride in the park. Granted, that was the case for a long time. But a park without a Haunted House just seems like it’s missing something! 

Have any of these survey concepts ever come to reality 1:1? I don’t think so… but maybe. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Wait... what‽ That's something that was really in the survey? 

Yes,  believe it or not. While "extending" The Beast would be a more harmless modification I just don't think it's the best idea. Instead of adding a half of a roller coaster to The Beast, just build another wooden roller coaster. If you want it Beast themed make it Father of The Beast, a coaster prequel!

Not to mention you have a huge drop followed by (not counting track used for the third lift) less than 2000 ft of track. That thing will be FLYING into the brakes. They'd need to add 5000ft+ for it to make sense.

The penny pinching is getting crazy.

FB_IMG_1722718170630.jpg

If this happens it will be a garbage ride to replace a garbage ride.  

This company refuses to install quality dark rides.    The new Knotts Beary Tales is a cheap, screen based attraction.    If I wanted to watch TV, I would stay at home.

I would think that the shooting attractions would have seen their day by now.    

It’s unfortunate that Cedar Fair inherited the peanuts from Knotts Berry Farm.    They are absolutely the worst franchise.  All the characters look the same except the dog in the bird.  

I feel very conflicted about these surveys.

On one hand, the idea of an extended Beast really makes me excited but also a little worried because I think it's perfect the way it is. Personally, I don't think that that area of the park needs another wooden roller coaster. Maybe I'm a little basic in my dreaming-- but I'd love to see an RMC in the park. 

On the other hand, Boo Blasters needs to be rethemed desperately but I am a diehard for Phantom Theatre. I understand that Peanuts would fit the theming of Camp Snoopy but it seems so boring. 

Either way, this survey has brought me back to the forums after a few years because I HAD to know your thoughts!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a pretty hot take and one I imagine might be unpopular here, but I'd be for taking down the whole building and starting a new dark ride building from from the ground up despite how expensive it would be given the building's age and multiple repurposings through the years.  Make something more aesthetically modern and less of an eyesore.

The bones of the building are fine.  They can repurpose the insides.  I like the omnimover portion of the ride.  It has a lot higher capacity than the other Sally Dark rides with single cars that have block zones.  That would save on capital costs as well.  Buildings are not cheap to build.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 5:58 PM, super7 said:

It’s unfortunate that Cedar Fair inherited the peanuts from Knotts Berry Farm.    They are absolutely the worst franchise.  All the characters look the same except the dog in the bird.  

For what it's worth, they now have access to the Looney Tunes and DC Comics IPs.

9 hours ago, homestar92 said:

For what it's worth, they now have access to the Looney Tunes and DC Comics IPs.

Until they don’t. Original IPs -when well done, are better long-term source material for rides and attractions. With the right branding, marketing and merchandising, original characters could become so “loved” that people would come to the park just to experience them. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

Doesn't Flags own Hanna-Barbera as well? If so I wouldn't mind going back to Scooby-Doo.

I don’t think they do. But for the sake of my love for Scooby and the rest of the HB gang, let’s wish this into existence. 

HB rights are owned by Warner, I think. They also own Looney Toons and DC comics. I dont know if SIX had rights to HB and didn't use them, or if they never persued it.

I'd love to see Scoob and Snoop hang out together while Velma looks for her glasses Daphne and Fred head to the Mystery Machine and Shaggy heads out to the smoking area.  Maybe when they meet back up, they can take the mask off of Saleem! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

HB rights are owned by Warner, I think. They also own Looney Toons and DC comics. I dont know if SIX had rights to HB and didn't use them, or if they never persued it.

I'd love to see Scoob and Snoop hang out together while Velma looks for her glasses Daphne and Fred head to the Mystery Machine and Shaggy heads out to the smoking area.  Maybe when they meet back up, they can take the mask off of Saleem! :)

Six Flags Great America got HB theming in the late 90s and phased it out years back. I thought more SF parks had it but maybe not.