Banshee Queue Music

CoastersRZ

How, on this green Earth, could someone mention Evanescence and NOT mention this one?? Especially with the way the first 30 seconds of the unveil video (which was all of it I watched by the way, I stopped as soon as I confirmed it was an invert) showed the ride "comingto life" out of the ruins of SOB.

• Like 9

Would definitely rather hear instrumental stuff vs, popular rock songs with lyrics. I don't think stuff like Evanescence or Ozzy really fit.

I think Nox Arcana and Midnight Syndicate would be awesome! I believe the park uses a lot of Nox Arcana tracks for haunt. Here is an example:

• Like 6

Music played during the announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnv5F-etIHc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

These should be in the queue, really fit the ride. Also included was some pop songs of course, but themed music involved a few other ok orchestrations such as one from the new man of steel, another es posthumous track, and two other tracks I couldn't identify

• Like 2

Not dealing with music but... Remake something similar to the SoB sign and box thing except a coffin with a chain wrapped around it (sitting in front of SoB's head stone) and the coffin lid thumping up a little bit and a roar coming out every so often which is then silenced by a screech of the Banshee and then the coffin stops knocking too.

• Like 1

Ok, in all honesty, why is this a topic right now? The only reason I say this is one reason, themed queue. If the queue has some form of themeing or story as you move along, why not pull a tomb raider of sorts and have a story told along the way through music/dialogue?

Then again, thats only if there is themeing like that.

Some orchestral pieces, a few movie pieces, but all worthy of mention.

Danse Macabre by Saint Saens

Night on Bald Mountain- Mussorgsky

In the Hall of the Mountain King- Edvard Grieg

Theme from Halloween- John Carpenter

Theme from Exorcist- Steve Boeddeker

Ghostbusters- Ray Parker Jr.

Thriller- Michael Jackson

Theme from Jaws- John Williams

Theme from '89 Batman- Danny Elfman

These are all good. In addition to these, I'd like to see the other soundtracks that have already been posted, and definitely Bring Me to Live by Evanescence. Maybe in between each horror/soundtrack/rock song, a haunting Celtic song could be played along with a Banshee's scream. I think this song is one of the most haunting Celtic songs I've heard.

I seem to be in the minority here, but what many of you say is somewhat hypocritical. So many of you want theming out the wazoo, but what does it stand for without the appropriate music selection? Imagine what guests would have thought of Tomb Raider if it blared Thriller over the speakers instead of the ride's beautiful score. Guests wouldn't have taken the ride nearly as seriously and it might have left them with a sour note.

Theming starts with music and that's why I suggest, if a queue / station soundtrack is selected, the park goes with something a little more orchestral and a little less Top 40. The park already owns rights to various Batman, Transformers, Independence Day, Lost, and Inception tracks, so why not use them? Even if they looped the Haunt soundtrack through the speakers, it would set the ambiance perfectly.

There is so much potential for this ride. I don't want Lana del Ray, Madonna, and Maroon 5 blasting through the speakers when I know the park can do better.

• Like 11