Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 02/04/2019 in all areas

  1. Hi all- Jes here. I thought I would quickly say hello to the KI Central community and share my excitement for the upcoming season- my 18th with Cedar Fair. I know how important the Food & Beverage operation is to our guests and to all of you, our most passionate fans. It's important to me as well, in part because my friends and family visit the park frequently. But also because at the end of the day, I'm a theme park nerd myself. I want you to know that I am absolutely committed to elevating the Food & Beverage experience at our park. Part of doing that includes seeking out feedback every day. I want to know when our team is rocking it, and when we can do better. Although I won't be an active poster in this community, I can assure you I will personally read every single comment posted here, just as I will when comments are left at Guest Services. You will see me constantly in the park, working with our team to respond to that feedback. When you see me, please feel free to say hello and tell me about your experience. I'd love to hear from you. Thank you for your past and future patronage, and for being such loyal fans over the years. Jes McAdam-Sellers
  2. The chances of Votex leaving Kings Island are very low unless some event comes up. Even though I'm personally not a big fan of Vortex because I got an awful ride off of it, I still think it should stay in the park because how photogenic it is.
  3. The new KI Director of Food & Beverage is Jes McAdam Sellers. His former roles have been director of HR at Kings Island and Dorney Park, and Admissions Manager at KI.
  4. Haven't we had this conversation a million times now? Is this site stuck in a mobius loop of threads?
  5. Going to assume really not anytime soon. It's still pretty popular, iconic, and isn't even close to the maintenance nightmare Firehawk was. I think it's pretty safe unless something major happens to it and the only option is to remove it.
  6. I am still waiting on someone to Photoshop a loop in to see what it could look like.
  7. I've found out the secret! It will not be a GiGa, but The Beast will be built again, only it's a ten hour ride time! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  8. Just not iconic enough of a ride for it. Now whenever Vortex DOES meet it's end of life, really the only option is to mount one of the corkscrew pieces above the brick walkeway infront of the basketball game between Juke Box Diner and the trees further down towards Rivertown.
  9. Thanks for reaching out, Jes. I think we are all excited that someone with a lot of experience dealing with KI’s associates is taking the helm in this capacity. You sure do have your work cut out for you, so I wish you the best of luck!! PS I didn’t know you knew how to cook!
  10. @AmusementWatch we've discussed this to great lengths on multiple threads and I think its bad PR to name a new ride after one that has injured riders and was infamous for maintenance issues. Lets have an original concept that doesn't piggyback off of another ride.
  11. Firehawk’s station is gone. From Wild Gravity Travels on Facebook (circle added by me).
  12. Since many people are saying the "Giga" that's coming to Kings Island, it's very possible for the coaster to be themed to the return of Son of Beast (due to Cedar Point's hint posters). And if you compare both of the SBNO stations, they look kinda similar.
  13. ^ Vortex is fine. They have much more space then to tear down a coaster that is iconic. Get news trains or restraints and the que will be full.
  14. I think it's more of a ridership and future expansion question. When it comes time to install the next coaster (after the assumed 2020 B&M), the park will have to ask itself a few questions: Is Vortex sitting on land they want to use? Do they want to utilize operational savings from a Vortex removal to offset costs associated with the new coaster? Is Vortex experiencing any operational or maintenance difficulties? Does Vortex's ridership justify removal? Could it be relocated/sold (highly unlikely in my mind)? Personally, I think the largest threats to Vortex are the land it sits on and possible decreasing ridership, not any maintenance concerns.
  15. High level management has more to do with leadership development and conceptual planning. At that level, it doesn't really matter if you're directing a food operation or a front gate operation. Knowing how to motivate and develop a department is a universal, transferable skill.
  16. I’d like to see an RMC Vortex. They could T-Rex it.
  17. I, for one, am looking forward to many new opportunities to try more versions of the same cold hamburger and new ways to say "why is this place closed?".
  18. This is very interesting. While the park has made strides with Food and Beverage (Winterfest and Coney BBQ) there are still opportunities. Hopefully we will see more Freestyle locations stay open and a better variety of food options.
  19. Cedar Point still has Corkscrew which was built 11 years before Vortex. I don't see Vortex going anywhere anytime soon, honestly. I wish they'd put some new trains on it, with soft OTSR, honestly.
  20. That would actually be a neat entry way to Coney Mall from Rivertown
  21. Well the park is certainly living up to its name "California." Drop Tower is being repainted/ rethemed to resemble a giant Sequoia- a tree native to California. http://coaster-nation.com/californias-great-america-re-theming-iconic-ride/
  22. #WhatsInThoseSheds Not a one word post now.
  23. I thought it would of been cool to leave the loop as a centerpiece to a new plaza.
  24. I'll be making my first appearance to Coasterstock this year, and actually my first coaster event. Will enjoy meeting others there.
  25. I'm excited. Now I have a lot of work to get done before the event. LOL Can't wait to see everyone there.
  26. ^ I had seen something similar that the 2020 permits were canceled with Santa Clara last August. Right around that same time the permits for our 2020 project were filed.
  27. I’d love to see a campground again.
  28. I'd be happy if they repainted Firehawk because it's showing a little bit of green paint from the Geauga lake days. That should be part of their focus for 2019.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.