Everything posted by Hawaiian Coasters 325
-
Kings Island to add “family thrill” attraction in 2026
Hopefully we'll hear something then.
-
Kings Island to add “family thrill” attraction in 2026
I feel like we won't see new ride announcements until sometime around the quarterly conference call in August and they'll probably just roll them out in a press release at once.
-
Kings Island to add “family thrill” attraction in 2026
Or how about gut the entire building including the peanuts showplace (that's only used for meet and greets nowadays) and the park services warehouse or "the cage" as associates call it. (They could move that somewhere else) and do a whole new dark ride layout. Have the entrance and exit be right by the Family Care Center. Then you could have it be a part of International street.
-
Siren's Curse Set to Open June 28
Hawaiian Coasters 325 replied to Diamondback_Is_King's topic in Other Amusement Parks & Industry NewsI went Friday as well and got on Siren's twice including once in front row. It was a fantastic ride and I wouldn't mind something like that eventually making its way to KI. Maybe a Vortex replacement? Imagine standing at The Beast's exit ramp and looking up and seeing a tilt coaster tilting.
-
Kings Island to add “family thrill” attraction in 2026
With 2026 season passes set to go on sale the 31st and how much we're seeing some parks already teasing that date if that's when we'll see Six Flags roll out their 2026 capital plans. In recent years, that's what Cedar Fair did. Also worth mentioning that Great Adventure announced their planned 2026 record breaking coaster has been delayed. With not really much evidence/rumors at KI recently, I'm starting to wonder if KI will follow suit. I'm actually starting to hear rumblings that the crypt building is going to be a new Haunt along with the Blackout building (take with grain of salt as nothing has been announced/confirmed by the park yet and I don't know anything.) If that's true, I'm wondering if KI is going to get a ride from Six Flags America or if Boo Blasters is getting updated. Guessing we'll find out July 31st.
-
Six Flags to invest 1 Billion for the 2025/2026 season
If I were to guess both are for Carowinds. Rip Roarin' Falls is the name of the water ride and Timber Hallow is the area name.
-
AlpenFury- New for 2025 at Canada's Wonderland
I'm hearing nothing but good things about it so far. Tbh if SF sees it as a success, I could very well see a ride like AlpenFury come to KI. Maybe an Invertigo/Congo/Timberwolf/Skyflyer replacement?
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2025
Im guessing you don't remember when there were car advertisments all over the park in the early CF days? I believe also in late Paramount/early CF there were "ride fact" signs sponsored by Marathon Gas. So ads in the park is not new.
-
Ideas for Future Winterfest Events
Idk how possible this would be, but theming the train ride around "The Polar Express" would honestly be awesome if done right. Then have a stop in Soak City where that could be where kids could meet Santa and stuff like @Winterfestguy proposed above.
-
Guests at Early Entry
I feel like before the 2019 I street renovation they had a gate on the right side of I street near LaRosas that you would have to go through and show your pass to an associate there during Early Entry.
-
Ride Wait Times 2025
I'd expect this whole week to be busy with it being July 4th week with lots of people off work. Also the cicadas being gone helps. I heard even with storms the last couple of days the park has been busier than expected. Tbh this is good to see as it did look like attendance struggled the last few weeks so hopefully this is the start of a bounce back attendance wise.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2025
Imo if they aren't going to fix the water show jets, they should just bring the old bigger fountains back.
-
Kings Island to add “family thrill” attraction in 2026
Imagine that in Boo Blasters building as a Phantom Theater revival
-
Siren's Curse Set to Open June 28
Hawaiian Coasters 325 replied to Diamondback_Is_King's topic in Other Amusement Parks & Industry NewsI definitely don't think a tilt coaster at KI is completely out of the relm of possibility like some would think. Especially since both parks have hypers, gigas, and inverts. Also, I doubt Siren's Curse outside of the first few seasons will be as big of a draw as a ride like TT2, Millennium Force, or SteVe are. I think Siren's will long term be a great supporting ride for Cedar Point like what Valravn, GateKeeper, and Raptor are. The more I think about it, I think how cool a large tilt coaster would look from The Beast's exit ramp with the tilt and drop section being placed where Vortex's drop was.
-
Kings Island to add “family thrill” attraction in 2026
Is it August yet? I'm really intrigued on what this will end up being (if it's coming at all due to certain factors in the chain right now). Along with that, I'd like to see the rock path near Mystic's entrance and brew house turned into a water stream.
-
July 4th Crowds?
It always depends on the day of the week and the weather. With it being on a Friday, I would honestly expect large crowds especially towards the end of the day. In the past, usually when it's ridiculously hot, the dry park is either a ghost town or tolerable and SC is shoulder to shoulder packed. Then as SC closes and we get closer to fireworks time, crowds in the main park build and by the last hour, it's a Saturday level crowd. Like I said, with it being on a Friday, things may be different and the park may be busy all day. It really depends on the weather though. If the weather is perfect (ie in the mid to low 80s or lower), then the park will be slammed all day.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2025
Let me guess, was it green track? lol (iykyk)
-
Holiday World has started teasing "something" for 2027
The fact they are teasing 2027 this early screams this is going to be a major project. Not even Thunderbird was teased this far out.
-
Kings Island 2025 Special Events
They did that in 2022 for the 50th year show.
-
Back to Formula? A Look at Cedar Fair’s Old Strategy in a Post-Merger World
They seem to be doing just that with the B&M dive coaster model actually more in line with what they did with the B&M hyper model after purchasing the Paramount parks. Since most legacy Six Flags parks have a standard B&M hyper coaster already, it makes sense to add a dive coaster to these parks to make an immediate splash. It wouldn't honestly shock me if their long term goal is to add a dive coaster at most legacy Six Flags parks. I know there are already rumors of one potentially going to Over Georgia in a couple years. It also wouldn't shock me if Magic Mountain gets one as well.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2025
KI actually did have an event called Island Nights pre covid. It was in Soak City though and included select water slides and I believe the wave pool being open later with other activities like live music, special food, and a DJ.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2025
With Star Spangled Nights having a sponsor, that would be a major opportunity to do a full on 4th of July "event" during the day/evening leading up to the display. I know the park is doing the "enjoy your favorite rides and attractions and stay for the even bigger display" model, but imo what they should do is something more marketable that would make locals more likely to choose spending the day/evening at KI rather than their local 4th of July festival. I'm talking a patriotic themed event similar to Food and Wine/Carnivale with live music and activities. Think what Canada's Wonderland does with Celebration Canada.
-
Songs you have heard at KI
They haven't played it since like 2019 unfortunately. I wish they would bring that back though. Ever since 2021, Mike Koontz would choose a song that plays every morning when associates arrive to set the mood for the day.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2025
April fools day was over 2 months ago bro lol
-
River Town Mining Company
I like that idea. I think a simple queue house structure similar to Maverick's queue (old WWL station building) covering the main part of the queue with the front of it facing the Coke stand decorated similar to the old Rivertown mining company exterior would be awesome. Then inside the queue house have some old western lanterns light up the queue (similar to inside a Cracker Barrel) along with fans and maybe a custom country/western music playlist similar to what Maverick used to have. Would be a good opportunity for Diamondback's 20th anniversary in 2029.