Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hawaiian Coasters 325

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hawaiian Coasters 325

  1. It's offically March which means KI will open in just over one month! Here's to the last full month of no KI!
  2. My main question is if lets say Good Gravy and Soapbox Racers were to open the same weekend (May 4th weekend), If Holiday World were to hold a media day for Good Gravy on Thursday the 2nd and KI did one for Soapbox on Friday the 3rd, would that count as opening first?
  3. I believe the park announced awhile back it is just undergoing annual maintineance.
  4. Just looked at the area on Google Earth and if true, I think a family boomerang would fit there nicely.
  5. Anyone else notice that the background of Thunder Striker's logo looks like the background of a Denny's logo? Might as well call it Denny's: The Ride lol
  6. Personally I wouldn't mind a Summer Nights event seeing how popular it is at Knotts and Cedar Point. I believe KI was supposed to introduce such event in 2020, but Covid messed that up.
  7. Also it looks like the lift on Soapbox Racers is complete: T Told y'all this coaster would go up quick lol
  8. Looks like trackwork is almost complete
  9. DOUBLE POST: We have another lift piece in place! Honestly this thing will probably be complete in 2 weeks max at this rate. I'm guessing they want it testing by opening day.
  10. Its probably just me as it is hard to tell bc of the webcams and the blur when I zoomed in on Pixlr, but it looks like more track pieces were installed today:
  11. I would personally prefer if they take away the lasers as with the lasers they can't run the Eiffel Tower and I really enjoyed the views of the fireworks from the tower. Other than that the drones can stay.
  12. Looks like a crane is up at the construction site. We could be going vertical at any moment now:
  13. And we got Firehawk which was relocated from Geauga Lake and lasted 11 years and now a giga stands in its place lol.
  14. I see I'm not the only one going through and reading park forums from years ago lol. Yesterday I was reading a KI discussion forum from 2006/07 on another site.
  15. Cedar Fair must be listening to our complaints involving the VIP areas. First Knotts opens a nice indoor lounge and now Kings Dominion is converting their country kitchen into their VIP lounge. Hopefully this is implemented at the other prestige pass parks as well. https://x.com/KingsDominionVA/status/1759006083320783286?s=20
  16. I personally wouldn't be against this as from the video I watched of the bubble show at Dollywood, it looks like a very cool, funny, and interactive show. I love how they bring guests up to help with the show. While I loved Phantom, Its understandable why they're going with a different show as most shows do 2 year runs.
  17. Do more special events during the season outside of Haunt and Winterfest especially if Carnivale doesn't come back. Give us a springtime event in May and June (like Busch Gardens food and wine festival). Do something cool Memorial Day weekend like they did in 2009 with the ASA Action Sports World Tour. Do a 4th of July event outside of just the fireworks. Have activities and live bands during the day leading up to the fireworks. Bring the Monster Jam Thunder Alley event to KI. Also what the heck happened to Summer Nights? Back in 2020 there was plans to introduce a Summer Nights block party event (similar to what Knotts does) on select nights, then covid happened, but for some reason they never tried the event post covid. On the same lines, bring back Island Nights/Dive in movies in Soak City. Keep Spirit Song going and maybe consider holding another music festival with non Christian acts (that could even go along with the memorial day weekend event idea bc the ASA event had concerts that year). Do a kids focused event like Canada's Wonderland's Kidzfest (with the SIX merger and access to more IPs, this could be done easier) or even bring back the Peanuts Celebration. I don't understand why that only lasted one season when it was well recieved by guests.
  18. Those are some great points and I could definitely see Paramount getting back into the park business in the future (as long as they don't touch KI lol). Also with the IP being limited, I think imo what I would do if I were in charge if both mergers happen is I wouldn't go after the whole Paramount brand, I would just go after Nickelodeon for theming/branding for the kids area and even events. I would do that because out of the other IPs in the SIX/CF portfolio Nickelodeon is definitely the most relevent to kids these days. Like they're literally helping broadcast the Superbowl for this reason lol. With that being said, I would personally keep Camp Snoopy as is, but I would do a Nick retheme of the remainder of the kids area. Remember this is just me dreaming in fantasy land and I definitely think the odds of this happening are very slim even if both mergers happen.
  19. Things are starting to get interesting about a potential merger between WB and Paramount. If both this and the SIX/CF merger both happen, it makes me wonder if we could potentially see some Paramount IP's return especially since 2 of the higher ups in the new SIX company (Zimmerman and Fisher) were GMs of Paramount parks during the Paramount Days. https://www.planetattractions.com/news/Paramount-and-Warner-Bros-Discovery-continue-to-discuss-a-potential-US$38bn-merger---here’s-what-it-could-mean-for-the-attractions-industry/3116
  20. Well its been 20 years now and lets see how your predictions went: Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle only lasted 6 years being replaced by Boo Blasters in 2010 Boo Blasters is now running on over 10 years now You were right about HB land disappearing completely and being replaced by a larger Nick section. However, it only lasted 3 years lol Cedar Fair took over the park in 2006 and made the kids area Peanuts themed in 2010 Currently a 3rd coaster is being built in the kids area and a section is being rethemed to Camp Snoopy Now Cedar Fair and Six Flags are getting ready to merge Man it is kinda cool and funny to go back to 20 years ago to see what predictions were made about the future and how right or wrong they ended up being. I'm sure 20 years from now, I'll look back and see how wrong some of my predictions were lol.
  21. I swear if I had a dollar for everytime someone says land clearing or earth movement at KI this time of year I would be rich lol. Same with how the beginning of every single season when the leftover dirt is dumped in the area behind Banshee and social media and forums start posting pics of the area saying "land clearing behind Banshee." Whenever I work the platform or elevator of the tower around that time, I tend to get asked by guests all the time "what are they building back there" lol
  22. At Coasterstock last year, I was in line for Diamondback towards the end of the day and I was wearing my jacket along my waist that I ended up not wearing at all that day, but my Mom had me bring it, but anyway I had my case with my perscription sunglasses in them in one of the pockets. I then made the poor choice of taking the jacket off my waist and holding it so I could put it in the bin on the platform while I was on the stairs and that caused the glasses case to slip out and go falling down and landing on the concrete sidewalk next to the station (I had Fast Lane). I then told an operator and they said they would follow procedure by getting it after cycling off for the night. Then I filed a lost and found report and they got them. I then went and picked them up a few days later at lost and found and there was no scratch on the glasses whatsoever. It was a miracle seeing how far they fell and how hard they landed on the sidewalk there.
  23. You must be thinking of the storage building behind Orion. That was built right before Orion was built. I remember when it was being built and people on here thought it was to relocate the current maintineance buildings back there to allow for more space for what became Orion.
  24. John Matarese just did a news segment on the arrival of new track for Soapbox Racers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDypPPtxgE
  25. More track has arrived! https://x.com/KingsIslandPR/status/1750924300905804179?s=20
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.