Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MDMC01

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by MDMC01

  1. Watched it the other day on Facebook; good stuff. I like the concept of Animal Days (a potential partnership with the Cincinnati Zoo). Also, while watching the video, I was wondering/hoping that Al the troll would be back for Haunt- will he?
  2. So, I saw this earlier today and I'm thinking a launched coaster (the original rumor for 2019, courtesy of Screamscape), GCI wooden coaster or an RMC. When I posted this in response to the park's post on Twitter, someone else thought that Carowinds could be teasing a Hurler re-do.
  3. Didn't realize the Antique Cars took up that much land... yeah, you could totally fit a car ride on the outskirts of Backlot, maybe on tgat field behind the Floral Clock. Also, I'd love to see a map overlay of Antique Cars and Backlot to see how much space each ride takes up (took up).
  4. I read the article and I didn't see anything about a coaster, but I did see something about a Unicoaster. However, the VR and virtual golf attraction peaks my interest. EDIT: Ok, so I saw the Unicoaster video and I'm not sure if it counts as a coaster or not... I mean, it doesn't have a lift (its powered, perhaps), but at the same time, X2 does flips and it's a coaster. Maybe it can just be a tracked flat ride, like the Antique Cars...
  5. Re: Firehawk; I love that ride, but the last time I rode, my neck/lungs felt really tight in the vertical loop. I attributed it not just to the forces, but the heat as it was really hot that day (this was 2 Saturdays ago)*. Also, my legs sometimes hurt from the part after the barrel rolls until the brake run as I'm in the flying position for a good while. *Also, even though I do have a lung condition, this hadn't happened before except for the times when I rode that day (IIRC). I'll be more careful next time On a lighter note, SpiritSong was amazing! I was at the park Saturday and was given a ticket by a local Christian Radio Station (star 93.3). The opening band, Trala, was a girl rock group that was started by former solo artist Moriah Peters. They weren't too bad and I got my picture and talked with them at their meet and greet a few hours later. Comedian John Crist was up next and though he was funny, he had a few jokes that kinda crossed the line, especially for a Christian comedian. I left when Zach Williams took the stage, but returned for Crowder. Their set was great and one of the drummers, Todd, looked very, very familiar (I don't know him personally, but he looked similar to someone I used to know). The cool thing is, even though (David) Crowder and the band didn't come out for a meet and greet, the merch guy told Todd I said hi per my request. For King and Country closed the night and they were great. I was so happy that they had "made it" to SpiritSong as I had roadied for them when they were a much smaller band.
  6. A "dang she mad" moment happened on Vortex Saturday morning. As the train was leaving the station, someone in line reached out to get a loose article. The train abruptly stopped and the ride op was all "Please do NOT grab loose articles from a moving vehicle".
  7. Yes it is... if you are looking for your Y2K coaster fix, try The Legend at Holiday World; it bears some similarities to Son of Beast. Or if you're looking for some more height, try the Voyage.
  8. I agree on both fronts: MF is not as forceful as I'd like (but that ejector on the last bunny hill, though...), but at the same time, it's cool-looking, it's fast, and it's a decent ride. Also, the theme of the ride and the below video cause me to show it love.
  9. Great topic! I'd love to know some little known fun facts about The Bat (fka Top Gun) as well as a request to ask if they could change the park's website to the mid-90's style for April Fools day (I've been wanting to specifically ask Don that for a while...). Link here for the old website: https://web.archive.org/web/19970129110734/http://www.pki.com:80/cgi-bin/ParkPages/Advent/Advent.pl EDIT: What I mean is something like the above link. I know the park is no longer owned by Paramount, but if they went with how the site looked back in the mid 90s and updated it, that would be great!
  10. Having personal info like this come up when your pass is scanned (I use mine for the discount; I don't have the dining plan) explains why my name was printed on my order at Jukebox
  11. Last night it was last train of the night... we actually got to choose, so I spoke up and said "Lights on" and so it happened. It's really cool as you get to see how clise the track is as well as all the stuff in storage at the base of the "drum".
  12. Speaking of FOF, I got a lights-on ride last night. Before that, the ride op launched the previous train with the meme "Road Work Ahead? I sure hope it does!"
  13. Best thing I've heard today: At Adventure Express: "The New York Times calls it... 'a ride'". That literally made me laugh out loud! Also, "You'll be Tom Crusin' out of here. Enjoy your 51 mile-per-hour flight through the danger zone, here on Top Gun" (at The Bat)
  14. This seems common. I've noticed this on both Corkscrew (last time I was at The Point, I couldn't sit in the back of the train as all but, like, the first 4-5 rows were roped off) and Storm Runner at Hersheypark (same scenario, however, I did get to enjoy the back later in the day).
  15. Thank you all for the info (also, thanks Brad for putting this in its own thread- I didn't really know where to put it!)!
  16. Does anyone (on here) know the locations of the Coke Freestyle Machines at Cedar Point? I would to love to know in advance where I can get my unlimited* supply of Vanilla Coke! * Well, every 15 minutes...
  17. This is why my fanny pack goes into a locker on rides like Steel Vengeance and Millenium Force. I'd like to enjoy the ride, not worry about my stuff And yeah, people shouldn't have their phones out on rides, end of story. I support what Kentucky Kingdom did.
  18. So, I didn't even realize KI still sold a regular Season Pass? Also, apparently it just gets you into the park thru Labor Day? I never knew that! Now the question here is: wouldn't it be better to get a gold Pass so one could go to Haunt and Winterfest as well? I agree with the earlier poster who said to eliminate the Regular Pass, but I also ask, what would be the benefit (besides cost, obviously) to getting a Regular Season Pass vs. a Gold Pass?
  19. Agreed; she was a great teacher! I do regret not thanking her in person, but I (well, Liz and I) did send her a Compliment Card at Guest Services on Saturday.
  20. So, I got my last sessions of Sketch School today (as tommorrow is Father's Day and I won't be at the park) and had a good time. During the 7:30 session we drew Pigpen and there was a "Bonus" session after the 8:30 session where a few of us learned to draw Franklin: Ken and Jim did a great job leading the classes. Before Sketch School, I thought I was a terrible artist, but now I know that I CAN draw; all I need are guide lines! NOTE: The first picture is a worried Pigpen, while in the second picture, Franklin is happily listening to music on his iPod.
  21. I'm actually not sure... I just made a Giga 'cause @IndyGuy4KI wanted to see our designs... Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it could be where Dinos was, the ride entrance being close to Firehawk's final turn/breakrun and lift going the direction of Action Theatre (like, the turn out of the station would go left and then up the lift) However, if they really wanted it to work, I think the best option would be to mirror my layout so that the "twisty" section is behind and to the right of Action Theatre (and therefore have a right turn out of the station).
  22. Did someone say Giga? Ok, so I finally made my Giga creation... I was originally going to call it Colecanth, but that name seems too peaceful for this ride... so I now give you: Sea Predator! EDIT: Stats are as follows: 308 ft. Drop, Top Speed- 103 MPH, Ride Time, 2:55, 11.67 seconds of airtime, 8,879 ft of track No MCBR and yes that is a vertical drop! Also, for those who can't tell, the track is Dark Blue with Black Rails and Dark Brown supports... trains are Orange, Green and Blue
  23. Oh, I've used Open RCT2 and I love it. I don't remember if I've used a disk with it, but I'll try to play without one (However, I may have to re-install it as its files are in different places on my computer...) EDIT: So, I moved all the Open RCT2 files into the same folder and now it works!!!
  24. The Bat after dark is great! I got 2 Night Rides on it Sunday night and it ran great!
  25. Speaking of entrances, I love going under that service road tunnel to get to The Bat and how it just pops out at you once you get to the other side! More on topic, I ordered RCT2 from Amazon last night so I should finally be able to create my Giga concept within the week (for those that don't know, my disk is cracked and that makes the game freeze, hence why I had to get a new game)!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.