Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BeeastFarmer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BeeastFarmer

  1. I didn't give anyone any of my patients. But I thank you for your patience as I quote your grammatical error that gave me a HUGE chuckle as a medical professional this afternoon. (I make many errors too, I'm not being the grammar police, I just took this mishap as hilarious!)
  2. It doesn't help that a few of the teeny bopper YouTube "stars" have gained permission to do onride filming. Yes, park permission is granted, but hey, if (insert "star" here) can do it, I should be able to as well.
  3. It would be a terrible mistake to modernize the entrance. Sure, soften the roofline, remove the banners and add flags back. But, I agree @SonofBaconator, the way it's designed it is simply spectacular.
  4. @kiguy, it's not an attack on him or her. But this person offers almost exclusively negative feedback, some of which I agree with. But almost every post is excessively negative, to the point it seems they get only negative experiences in the park. I mean, if I went somewhere voluntarily and was distraught about my surroundings, why go back? I hate how the Junkyard coaster looks, but I still enjoy riding it. Similiarly, Action Zone is not a place I like to go. But that won't fatigue me so much from going to Chicken Shack, or Congo Falls or Banshee once or twice a season. My hope is that when they do invest in AZ, it will resemble what Kings Dominion is doing with Jungle Expedition. A new area, using what they have, but going back to the roots. Some trees planted now would be a great first step. While transplanting mature trees in commercial landscape settings is moderately successful at best, it would likely fail in Action Zone. Too much concrete to reflect heat and not enough nutrient and water sources. I worry about the Autumn Blaze Maples on International Street each summer because they start showing signs of stress each July. Native oaks, sugar maples, elms and cedar don't transplant well, even as small trees. They need a good nursery stock, or establish a tree farm out by the greenhouse. (I'd love to see more bald cypress in the park).
  5. If the park gives you so much agnst, why do you still go?
  6. If they make the World's biggest Skyline, the GiGa restoom needs to be built concurrently. That sits heavy on the stomach in 90 degree temps with high humidity!
  7. @MisterSG1 I am tired and have eye strain after reading all of this! I think you are worked up over nothing. I think if the time ever comes that some entity offers Cedar Fair over a billlion dollars for Wonderland, and it's gone, you can stress out then. But I seem to remember you wanting to leave the area. If this is the case, i hope you land near a park that you enjoy!
  8. It's been a while since I have read the book, so I could be mistaken. But either way, he was not satisfied with the guest experience. If the ride posed a dangerous risk to people, I'm sure they would have pulled the plug immediately. No last rides.
  9. Remember, the end of useful service life doesn't mean the ride is unsafe. In @KIghostguy's book, he interviewed Mr. Kootnz who said he rode it, and it was not a comfortable ride. To make it so, it would have to have a new control system, new paint, new trains and IIRC, new track. And it would still be Vortex. So, it was decided to scrap. If they had foreknowledge of the devasting pandemic that was to come, I'd venture a conjecture that the ride would still operate to this day.
  10. Slow down there, Hoss. They sell the park for 2 billion to a developer. The developer has to spend money to get zoning approval, permits etc. They pay taxes on the land while its under development. Massive remediation on the land. Surveying. Utility work. And finally, years later, they can go vertical. The market may or may not have dropped. And it costs alot of money to build.
  11. I disagree. Rather than just something, add the right thing, even if time passes. (Hopefully) good things come to those who wait.
  12. Because it's and old venue and they are testing the waters. If the concert series goes well this summer, they might invest in some improvements like pavers. If not, it might just be used as a staging area for Winterfest decor or left for cheerleading/Music in the Park events.
  13. Yes and no. I have been to the PTE show twice now, and I have seen 4 little kids (they looked anywhere from 4 to 10ish) absolutely mesmerized by the show, without anything in their hands. And I know that this might tread on TOS, so please edit out if needed. I am surprised that shooter rides have any place in a family friendly amusement park in today's day and age. The talk is about normalizing gun violence that leads to things later on in life, then why would we do this with 4, 5 and 6 year olds? There is also a reason there are no more shooting galleries. But Cedar Point has skeletons shooting at each other.
  14. I was fully engaged during the Enchanted Voyage and Smurf's Enchanted Voyage.
  15. We noticed The Beast was down yesterday when riding Dback. So we went and did Mystic Timbers, Kings Mills Log Flume x2 and enjoyed park atmosphere for a bit. Then we had 4 stunning rides of The Beast. If the ride is down, there is plenty of other things to do. I'm 2.5 hours away, and yes, it sucks if the ride is down for the entire day, but odds are in my favor of having many more rides in the future.
  16. Did it have sensors when it opened? I remember, as a child, there were employees stationed along the ride...the platforms at the top of each lift, the MCBR and up the 2nd lift where the train usually catches the train. I have always assumed they were the sensors, similiar to the employees at the top of the last lift on Kings Mills Log Flume. Of course, I could have been mistaken as a child. LOL
  17. I wonder what the future holds for Gilroy Gardens?
  18. Money was what drove this decision. They paid 150 million for it 3 years ago. Now selling it for 310 million. Even if you deduct the inflation out of the sales price, it's a very healthy return. Your reasons have plauged them for years and they knew these going into the purchase of the land., kind of like a nagging headache. I would imagine they had a pro and con list (also California being generally notoriously over regulated) and when a deal was offered at the price it was, they jumped to take the money and run.
  19. Jinkies! That's terrible. I'll reserve judgement on "Groovy" until I see it live, but I loved the BB logo.
  20. Does anyone here know why, in last night's FFF show, the words "Brady Bunch" replaced with the word "Groovy?"
  21. I've watched it from start to finish, and while it's not the most comprehensive ride through KI history, it is an excellent five part series. I am glad he was able to put the project together, it seemed like it would be a daunting task...glad he was able to finish it.
  22. I really like that concept! There could be a gate for the park near your pond for concert goers who buy a combo ticket. It also could be a neat place for winter shows and eats (Have a small indoor theater for live or electronic shows, a couple of eateries and maybe an indoor FEC or something)
  23. Has the pathway to Timberwolf been built yet?
  24. Agreed, agreed and agreed! If there ever is front gate renovation, I hope it is considered as Phase II of the Interntional Street rehab. Restore the landscaped logo berm on the left. Remove the banners and put flags back up. Add trees and flowers. Replace the shingles with another material and maybe add some dormers to break up the long bare roofline. Update the buildings on the left to look international. Replace the blacktop behind the Eifel Tower. Add some blue spruce trees and flower beds around the tower. Replace pavers in Tower Gardens. Remove the Junkyard Coaster and renovate the entire area into a Parisian Promenade with a few small classic flat rides, curved walking paths, lush landscaping and statuary and an Arc Triumphe. Oh and for goodness sakes, restore the ornate gas lamps on IS, entry plaza and in Parisian Promenade.
  25. ^Thank you for sharing those, @KIfan73! Very enjoyable and yes, the park has changed quite a bit. My favorite thing with your editing was the comment: "A pond" LOL
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.