Potential 4th/5th coaster for Planet Snoopy?

Each owner has contributed a coaster to the kids area of the park except for Cedar Fair. Do you think we’ll see a new kids/family coaster come to Planet Snoopy and if so what kind? 

I don’t think it’ll happen unless they demolish Peanuts Playhouse and utilize that whole space but even I’m not sure they’d want to have something built right next to Picnic Grove where they host a lot of events.

Thoughts?

(I said 4th/5th because some people consider Surf Dog a coaster while others do not)

• Like 2

I personally don't think we need any more kids rollercoasters. Our lineup is extremely solid with the 3/4 we do have and once kids hit 48" they are onto better things anyway. The only kids coaster I still ride is Woodstock Express because that's actually a good rollercoaster. I feel like if the park wants to target younger guests they should continue investing in more flats with low height requirements (like cargo loco for example) to get some of those kids out of kiddy land. People seem to forget that kids can ride things like the scrambler, monster, shake rattle and roll, viking fury before they hit 48". Maybe another family coaster would work but it would need to be something that adults/teen want to ride too (maybe something like Dollywood Big Bear Mountain, Wild Mouse at Cedar Point, or Seven Dwarves Mine Train at Disney) something that has a lower height requirement than 48" but will appeal to more than just kids.  

• Like 5

I'm of the opinion that KI needs another tweener coaster.  Especially if they have any desire to reclaim "worlds best kids themed area" back from Dollywood.

I've proposed this before, and my kids have graduated out of Planet Snoopy, but if I was in charge I'd look hard at removing Snoopy Junction and whatever small circular ride is back there (or maybe relocate it along with some other small kiddie rides for a small kid section out near Action Zone similar to how CP has that small area by Johnny Rockets).  I'd relocate the Beattle Bugs for sure, and get ride of the theater/animal farm as well as Snoopy's snack shack.  I'd also look into doing something with the pathway near linus launchers, which seems like the forgotten part of Planet Snoopy.  Maybe the could relocate Sally's Sea Plane along with that circular ride mentioned earlier and open up a pathway there to allow for some small flats.  Anyhoo, with all that space cleared out, I'd look at putting something in on par with Fire Chaser Express (39" height requirement IIRC).  That ride is amazing for a family/kiddie coaster.

While I'm in that area, I'd give Boo Blasters a big old refresh.  I know some want a return to what it was prior, but I'm not sure that would have the repeatability with the small kid target audience.  I think the shoot 'em up design is a solid attraction however they need laser guns that actual work (2 weeks ago, only 1 of the 3 on our car worked) and better, fresher targets and props.  Some of the props have improved since I last rode on it a couple of years ago (Don't think I was on it last year at all) but a lot need refreshed.  Mainly the guns need to actually work.  I'd also look into doing something with the other half of the Boo Blaster's building.  Is it big enough for an indoor play area like Dollywood and Valleyfair have? I think that would work well.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Snoopy's Racing Railway looks like a great addition to the kids area at Canada's Wonderland. Maybe if it does well we could see CF add one to KI? I think it would be a good fit in the area where the old ampitheater in the back of PS is currently. Would be a good filler addition after Vortex's replacement. 

I agree. I think taking out the theatre and using that space for a launched coaster would be a great addition to Planet Snoopy. It would add great variety to the kids lineup with having a standard little kiddie coaster with Great Pumpkin, wooden, inverted, and then a launched.

whatever they do or add I still hope it gets refreshed into Camp Snoopy with lots of trees and landscaping added. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve mentioned this before in another thread but I would gut out Boo Blasters being that the ride itself is just in an abysmal state and replace it with something similar to Darkoaster at BGW. That would make an awesome family coaster addition to Planet Snoopy. It would also be another coaster in the lineup for Winterfest and a potential year round operation at Kings Island. Call it Snoopy’s Ghoster Coaster (homage to Scooby-doo while keeping the peanuts theming and name) :P

• Like 3

I do like the idea of an indoor family coaster, but I would hate to lose our only dark ride. It does need updated bad, but I'd still prefer a new Peanut's themed dark ride over a coaster. But a coaster would be better than Boo Blasters. Maybe could do a combo with a couple dark ride scenes at the start and end with a launched coaster section for the bulk. I'd theme it to Great Pumpkin. Trains and launched coaster section could be themed around the Red Baron flying sections.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Tr0y said:

I’ve mentioned this before in another thread but I would gut out Boo Blasters being that the ride itself is just in an abysmal state and replace it with something similar to Darkoaster at BGW. That would make an awesome family coaster addition to Planet Snoopy. It would also be another coaster in the lineup for Winterfest and a potential year round operation at Kings Island. Call it Snoopy’s Ghoster Coaster (homage to Scooby-doo while keeping the peanuts theming and name) :P

I think an indoor family coaster would be great I just don’t want to lose the Boo Blasters building. Maybe when Flight of Fear reaches the end of its service life we could see Area 72 see some new theming along with a new indoor family coaster in the Flight of Fear building.

• Like 2

Kings Island is the only park in the chain without a wild mouse style coaster.  If anything Cedar Point getting one likely has increased the chances that the park will get one.  It means corporate management is willing to install lower capacity coasters in the big parks.  Although I suspect if the park gets one it would go in Coney Mall.

The building for DarKoaster is larger than the Boo Blasters building but close enough something similar should be possible, but I am certain it would mean losing the stage, meet and great space, and might still require a little bit of expansion.  A ride like that would likely need most of the building.

Frankly I feel like DarKoaster was a mistake, not the ride or experience itself because everything I have heard about the ride itself is good.  But because of just how low capacity the ride is.  I suspect the source of the issue is trying to cram the ride into too small a space, which is what I feel would happen with the Boo Blasters building, I also think the trains are really not helping and traditional seating would allow a higher capacity train.  From what I have heard it has a maximum capacity of around 350 riders an hour, roughly half of even a wild mouse, and my calculations back that up.  Thankfully the slow dispatch speed means it’s likely operating close to that theoretical when it works, but even for a family coaster that is just really low for a big park.

I am about to discuss the technical details of how the ride operates.  You might consider this a spoiler, if so skip the rest of this paragraph.  The building is pretty small, so there is a main loop of track which actually goes around the building twice and a pair of track switches, one to let a train off the loop into the station and one to let a train leaving the station to enter the track loop.  While one train is in the station, the second goes around the loop twice and it feels different due to lighting and projection changes.  So you actually travel around the building 4 times.  The problem is the trains only hold 10 passengers and from launch to the brakes is just over 90 seconds.  Combine the ride time with the train parking and the fastest dispatch even possible is roughly every 100-110 seconds.

I think the Boo Blasters building would be better served staying a dark ride.  I just would like it redeveloped into a new theme.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

I think if Kings Island wanted to get an indoor wild mouse, the TR/Crypt building would probably be a better building for that.

Theme it to mine trains. Miami River Mine Company sister company to its lumber company neighbor.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the name of the mine that The Beast is themed to?

Correction: The Beast takes over a mine cart company.

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

59ee1ff61fb73_miningco.png.b15b93c8108ac92cd7cc50d34c4328b2.png.d506e7b147e5bd0ff4a01b33e9f745f3.png

Correction Correction: Back then the mining company was called the River Town Mining Company that started during the gold rush era.

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I vote no wild mouse.  I hate CF wild mouse operations with a burning passion.  

The operations on the wild mouse up at Michigan's Adventure was killing me. Waiting for 10 minutes to get off the ride was torture. I think it had 7 cars? 1 loaded ready to go up lift, 1 unloaded in station, 1 unloading in station and the rest stacked up on the brake run. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2023 at 3:18 PM, tks944 said:

The operations on the wild mouse up at Michigan's Adventure was killing me. Waiting for 10 minutes to get off the ride was torture. I think it had 7 cars? 1 loaded ready to go up lift, 1 unloaded in station, 1 unloading in station and the rest stacked up on the brake run. 

KD and Carowinds aren't any better.

• 3 weeks later...