References to "Intimidator" scrubbed from Kings Dominion and Carowinds websites.

https://www.carowinds.com/rides-experiences

https://www.kingsdominion.com/rides-experiences

Kings Dominion is calling the ride "Project 305" and Carowinds has scrubbed it from the website entirely. I presume this means that a licensing deal has expired and will not be renewed and both coasters will have a new theme (and perhaps new paint) next year.

The jokester in me wants to suggest "Nitro" and "Superman: Ride of Steel" as potential ride names ;-P

• Like 4

https://www.carowinds.com/rides-experiences/thunder-striker

Interesting to note, all of the photos now show the train from behind - presumably to avoid the trademarked imagery on the zero-car. Though I can't get the old Intimidator page to load properly on archive.org to confirm that this is a new change (but like, it's gotta be, right? those are far from the most appealing angles of the ride and I think the PR team knows that)

I'm not a fan of the name "Thunder Striker". The name just sounds clunky to me and I'm not a fan of Cedar Fair putting the words "Strike" or "Striker" in their coaster names, especially with Copperhead Strike already being in the same park.

Assuming Project 305 is just a placeholder, I'm hoping at least I305's new theme fits in with Jungle X-Pedition, maybe theme it to a lion or some sort of jungle cat.

• Like 2

Thunder Striker sounds like a crappy 80's hair band that never quite made it anywhere :lol:

As for i305, it'll be interesting to see what kind of name they change it to. If it rolls into the jungle theme-"JuNgLe StRiKeR".....sarcasm of course...orr...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Anyone else notice that the background of Thunder Striker's logo looks like the background of a Denny's logo? Might as well call it Denny's: The Ride lol

That will be next year after SIX methods infiltrate CF :P

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

They could create a new mini land called Area 75 that includes Project 305, and Flight of Fear.

They could even rename Project 305 to Polaris.

IMG_4056.jpeg

That’s what I said in a Facebook comment on the subject. Agreed! 
After all, Polaris was trademarked at the same time as Orion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Grease is the word :P

Are you kidding me?  I'd dig this and it would be pretty cool, but If they wont pony up the dough for the Intimidator likeness and GM Goodwrench for their licensing, they sure arent going to pony up for royalties for this!  Hell, I think they should get ahold of Steve Earl's people, pay the royalties to use Copperhead Road, and theme it to running shine but they wont spend or dont have the $$$ to do so.