ACE Spring Conference at Kings Island

Gotcha. Well I'll start. One thing I was surprised about is now seemingly affordable the event is given everything it includes. I mean out of town guests obviously have to get hotels but for locals such as myself this event is very affordable and is very exciting...

I have always wanted to see some of the behind the scenes tours and I'm really excited about the Flight of Fear peek inside the bowl. The sign shop I've heard is pretty cool as well. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Gotcha. Well I'll start. One thing I was surprised about is now seemingly affordable the event is given everything it includes. I mean out of town guests obviously have to get hotels but for locals such as myself this event is very affordable and is very exciting...

I have always wanted to see some of the behind the scenes tours and I'm really excited about the Flight of Fear peek inside the bowl. The sign shop I've heard is pretty cool as well. 

I'm sorry you (apparently) never got to experience Coasterstock.  This is essentially a plussed version of the Coasterstock blueprint.  While it's more expensive than Coasterstock, I still think it's a good value and I'm excited because I've never been to a national Ace event. The bts of sign shop and bat and AE are things I've never done.  I was hoping for more guest speakers (Denny, I could listen to all day as well as gravity group) but they are Coasterstock regulars.

I think more non locals will gain a better appreciation for Kings Island with this event, which frankly, I hope is contagious to the local enthusiasts.  In spite of budget cuts and corporate politics, we have a true gem here, and familiarity breeds contempt.  I'm hoping that acers who dont get to ki frequently will reignite the energy of 2022.

Fof Btw is great!  Whatever you do, don't miss The Beast bts.  That's worth the event price in and if itself. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

Tickets were still available just shy of two weeks after being on sale, so as a card-carrying member of ACE, I decided I’m not sitting this one out and got a ticket. 

Sweet!  Many of us will get a Racer ride with you!  Even if just the same train LOL

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cannot wait to get exclusive night time rides in the best section of the park in my opinion. I hope to see some of you there this weekend!

IMG_4192.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Almost every year at Coasterstock it has rained at least one of the days. Looks like the ACE event (in place of Coasterstock) will be no exception. Pack that rain gear and be prepared for last minute itinerary changes due to weather on Friday!

IMG_0948.png

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Almost every year at Coasterstock it has rained at least one of the days. Looks like the ACE event (in place of Coasterstock) will be no exception. Pack that rain gear and be prepared for last minute itinerary changes due to weather on Friday!

IMG_0948.png

Nobody is surprised at the forecast lol. The 3 things guaranteed in life are: Death, Taxes, and rain at KI spring enthusiast events lol

My first ACE event was a blast! The weekend had an itinerary with tons of things to do. My favorite part was having those extra ERT hours before park opening and after the park being closed to the general public. The value it provides is an understatement, getting 5-6 night rides on The Beast including Mystic, and Diamondback is something hard to pull off on any regular day, even with Fast-lane. 

The few photos that I did get doesn’t do the event justice. ACE and Kings Island did a great job organizing this event! 

IMG_3376.jpeg

IMG_3404.jpeg

IMG_3417.jpeg

IMG_3421.jpeg

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3398.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3