Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kings Island 2026 Food Reviews and Discussion

Featured Replies

5 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

The best thing I could see is raising the price of a silver pass and giving two tickets at a regional pass from may thru September. Same thing gold, except it's all north American parks.  (Side note, is Mexico a separate fee like the new park at Quiddya?). You are giving an upsell opportunity to the next highest tier.

My only objection to this is that I think the Silver Pass should be good all year, but with blockout dates replacing the post-Labor Day restrictions. If a family only wants access to Kings Island then I think they should be able to only have access to Kings Island April-December with restrictions. I also think it's easier to say "Access to all Six Flags parks in North America" than to add "Excluding Six Flags Mexico". That might complicate the pass structure, especially if SFM passholders have access to the US parks. There are enough Americans who go to SFM and vice versa to make the perk worth keeping IMO.

I'm not sure the food review topic is the best place to debate pass structures, but I digress.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • beastfan11
    beastfan11

    Looks like Graeter’s is rolling out a new grape ice cream flavor, “Ghost Notes,” inspired by Phantom Theater: Opening Nightmare. Wonder if we’ll see it at the park?

  • Swiftdrawer
    Swiftdrawer

    Skyline was the same as ever but they gave my sibling so little cheese while on mine, I got a little extra. Instead of often giving guests 2 packs of crackers a whole bunch as they did last year, they

  • kingsislandfan1972
    kingsislandfan1972

    From Facebook "Presenting the latest act at the Phantom Theater, Ghost Notes! 👻💜🎶 A Haunting combination of Grape ice cream, with Marshmallow Cookie Dough pieces mixed in throughout. Strangely Co

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Losantiville Mining Co. said:

My only objection to this is that I think the Silver Pass should be good all year, but with blockout dates replacing the post-Labor Day restrictions. If a family only wants access to Kings Island then I think they should be able to only have access to Kings Island April-December with restrictions. I also think it's easier to say "Access to all Six Flags parks in North America" than to add "Excluding Six Flags Mexico". That might complicate the pass structure, especially if SFM passholders have access to the US parks. There are enough Americans who go to SFM and vice versa to make the perk worth keeping IMO.

I'm not sure the food review topic is the best place to debate pass structures, but I digress.

I agree about silver all year access.  

Now I'm pondering Mexico ..I assumed it was part of the all parks access, but it specifically says "north American parks". 

Six Flags Mexico is included with the West Coast Gold Pass and the Prestige Pass. I made the point because I thought someone said SFM should be a separate ticket and not included in the pass programs.

On a tastier note, the pastry chef at least understood the assignment this year. Elvis may have left the building, but he is alive at KI. Yes thats banana with peanut butter and BACON

BB6ADFC3-C679-4EB7-96F3-49F4AB7E6649_1_201_a.jpeg

  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I was having my smoked wings and green beans sitting between the Coconut Cove Cafe and the changing rooms when I saw someone go up to the side of the Cafe (on the outside) interact with a screen and 4 doors opened. Seems as though they used the mobile app to order food and there is a wall of hotboxes that can be opened with a code from the app. Wonder if there are any more of these in the park. Looked very efficient.

In other food news the big dog of the month at Brewhouse is a chili dog. It has chili, beer cheese and fried onions. I had one and it wasn't bad, I'd give it a 7, chili could have had more flavor and to be clear this is NOT CHILI, it's chili with beans as Sheldon would say. :)

One of the great decorations around the park during Tricks & Treats , Haunt is all the pumpkins that is locally purchased from Schappacher Farms and this year, they are not ordering from, so I am intrigued if they will have pumpkin decor like they have in the past.

IMG_2268.DNG

4 hours ago, jdf21972 said:

One of the great decorations around the park during Tricks & Treats , Haunt is all the pumpkins that is locally purchased from Schappacher Farms and this year, they are not ordering from, so I am intrigued if they will have pumpkin decor like they have in the past.

IMG_2268.DNG

It was easy to tell based on what the park looked like over Labor Day weekend that if they weren’t behind they’ve scaled back on decor. I don’t think they need as much decor around the park if they’re putting that time into making the scare zones and mazes the best they can be.

  • 2 weeks later...

Looked in the app yesterday and there's something new, under my dining plan it now says ready to use. Wonder if it will let me know time to next meal or just show ready to use when it's ready again. I'll find out tonight.

image.png

I took that to mean whether or not your 2026 versus your 2027 dining plan was ready to use, though I'm waiting for a response from Guest Services to know for certain. It has been said that they are adding a way for guests to see how many meals they have left for 2027.

One would hope it actually means your meal is ready and not just that you have a dining plan, because obviously you have one if it's showing there. Otherwise, they're going to have a lot of guests arguing with cashiers telling them it's not time for another meal yet, since the app explicitly says it's ready to use.

Unfortunately, the "Ready to Use" in the app does not actually indicate that your dining plan is Ready to Use.

$19.99 for three small chicken tenders? Are they trying to drive traffic to Wawa?

1 hour ago, CedarPointer said:

Unfortunately, the "Ready to Use" in the app does not actually indicate that your dining plan is Ready to Use.

It indeed seems to be for those who have purchased a 2027 Dining Plan while still having a 2026 Dining Plan. Mine was marked "Ready to Use" since it is tied to my new membership, which for all intents and purposes seems to be a new pass.

Tonight I was able to start using my 2027 Dining Plan Unlimited with the new 2 hour limit between meals. I decided to start out easy for my most expensive meal(s) of the season, so first I got some pizza from the Festhaus and then got a Classic Chee. Both meals were good and hot, and there were associates actively filling the soda fountain ice compartments (where applicable) while I was there getting my food. A pretty good start to the Fall season at Kings Island!

Unfortunately the Readay to use stayed ready to use once I used my dining plan last night. Certainly will cause some confusion. There is no reason they can not have a message letting you know when you can next use the plan (same with drinks). As a programmer I can say with certainty that vibe coding should help enough to get this done in-app. Hopefully by the end of the year they will put it in trial and have it figured out by next year. I got the all season haunted pass and it doesn't show up in the app but it did work to get the wristband last night.

On 9/26/2026 at 12:01 AM, DonHelbig said:

$19.99 for three small chicken tenders? Are they trying to drive traffic to Wawa?

Yes, definitely yes......

The Sweet Spot has one of the best dessert lineups that I have ever seen in the park right now. Highly recommend checking it out. I tried the cotton candy cheesecake and it was phenomenal

Went to haunt last night and showed up at Enriques at 7 PM. Doors closed and a line. Manager came out at 7:15 and said having issues and would be at least 30 min. Why even open? Then off to grain and grill to get pork dinner at 7:30. None in sight and told would have to wait 20 min to get that. WTH!!! Awful service this year with food places especially since haunt... Complained at customer service but in one ear and out another....

1 hour ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Went to haunt last night and showed up at Enriques at 7 PM. Doors closed and a line. Manager came out at 7:15 and said having issues and would be at least 30 min. Why even open? Then off to grain and grill to get pork dinner at 7:30. None in sight and told would have to wait 20 min to get that. WTH!!! Awful service this year with food places especially since haunt... Complained at customer service but in one ear and out another....

On my last visit, at Grain & Grill they tried to give me two chicken tenders the size of my thumb. They were scraps from the pan. I told the associate I wasn’t burning one of my meal plans on that and would wait for them to bring out more tenders. The associate told me no, “that’s what you’re getting.” That wasn’t what I was getting and walked out.

F&B was a hot mess last night.

Enrique's kept telling folks just x more minutes for almost 2 hours.

Skyline closed early.

Typical light crowds not everything is open.

Not a good night for food. But ice was plentiful.

Food or ice 🤣

7 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Enrique was a hot mess last night. Skyline closed early. Not a good night for food. But ice was plentiful.

Food or ice 🤣

One night of ice doesn’t make up for the past two seasons of no ice on many days for those who paid for drinks. They’re going to have to prove they can keep the machines filled with ice every day, all day in 2027 to regain many of those who have chosen not to renew their drink plan because of this issue.

5 minutes ago, DonHelbig said:

One night of ice doesn’t make up for the past two seasons of no ice on many days for those who paid for drinks. They’re going to have to prove they can keep the machines filled with ice every day, all day in 2027 to regain many of those who have chosen not to renew their drink plan because of this issue.

And don't forget this improvement.....

May be an image of turnstile and text

4 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Went to haunt last night and showed up at Enriques at 7 PM. Doors closed and a line. Manager came out at 7:15 and said having issues and would be at least 30 min. Why even open? Then off to grain and grill to get pork dinner at 7:30. None in sight and told would have to wait 20 min to get that. WTH!!! Awful service this year with food places especially since haunt... Complained at customer service but in one ear and out another....

3 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

On my last visit, at Grain & Grill they tried to give me two chicken tenders the size of my thumb. They were scraps from the pan. I told the associate I wasn’t burning one of my meal plans on that and would wait for them to bring out more tenders. The associate told me no, “that’s what you’re getting.” That wasn’t what I was getting and walked out.

It really feels like the park mainly in food/beverage has in sports terms "lost the locker room". I really hope the new chef really puts an effort to improve this mess for next season. It may take arguing with Tony and the corporate board about budgets, but I can't see how anyone in management can think this type of service is acceptable!

59 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

And don't forget this improvement.....

May be an image of turnstile and text

It took longer to build that stand than it did to build Mystic Timbers.

19 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It really feels like the park mainly in food/beverage has in sports terms "lost the locker room". I really hope the new chef really puts an effort to improve this mess for next season. It may take arguing with Tony and the corporate board about budgets, but I can't see how anyone in management can think this type of service is acceptable!

The new Chef will need to spend less time posting videos and photos on his social media channels and more time in the kitchens for the F&B experience to improve.

And of course, you have the same people making the same excuses about employees being in school, etc, none of which is the customer's problem.

57 minutes ago, CedarPointer said:

And of course, you have the same people making the same excuses about employees being in school, etc, none of which is the customer's problem.

If they’re opening the turnstiles and taking the guests money, they can’t use employees back in school as an excuse for the lack of staffing. There are schools in Orlando the last time I checked, but those parks open seven days a week year-round have it figured out.

3 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

If they’re opening the turnstiles and taking the guests money, they can’t use employees back in school as an excuse for the lack of staffing. There are schools in Orlando the last time I checked, but those parks open seven days a week year-round have it figured out.

They are also open year around so people who work for Disney might choose that as a carear path so they may have a pool of young adults just out of school willing to work. At Kings Island it closes 4 months out of the year and being jobless for 4 months, which a few of the months are weekends only arent a great way to pay the bills.

Kings Island should check into tapping into the retirement community. If it works for Dollywood to have a 70 year old lady on Thunderhead ops booth, it would work for Kings Island.

No, retired folks can't do a lot of restraint checks on the Woodies, and long hours in the food places, but I seem to remember lots of them in 2021 being litter gitters and loving it. Could free up those positions to have others in various roles.

Maybe having them as Cedar Fair SUPERVISORs would bring a level of maturity to supervisor role.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.