On 12/9/2018 at 5:22 PM, Oldiesmann said:

Looking forward to visiting Carowinds this summer (planning a Carowinds and KD trip in July, with a possible stop at BGW as well depending on time and finances)

We must like having eerily similar travel plans to each other because I'm also planning a SE trip with those parks and possibly Dollywood in addition to that.  

If you're planning a St Louis trip the next summer, I'm gonna get suspicious.  

52 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

We must like having eerily similar travel plans to me because I'm also planning a SE trip with those parks and possibly Dollywood in addition to that.  

If you're planning a St Louis trip the next summer, I'm gonna get suspicious.  

I actually did consider a trip out west next summer (SFStL, SDC and WoF) but decided a Carowinds/Kings Dominion trip would be more affordable, plus I've been wanting to hit those parks for a long time.

I would say it is a one day park if you are going on a non-Saturday.  If you want to hit every coaster, try and do a Sunday or thru the week.  The three B&Ms all have good capacity but I found their ops to be lacking on their other rides so that could slow things especially on a Saturday.

I plan on one day at each including BGW.  With the shorter drive between Doswell/Williamsburg and Charlotte, I may hang out in downtown Charlotte before heading to Carowinds.  

If I go ahead and add Dollywood, I plan at least 3 days in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge including the GSMNP, downtown Gatlinburg, and at least 2 alpine coasters.   Also, a round of putt-putt.