International street makeover

Klabergian Empire

12 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I'd also like to add that they didn't have since October like a normal off season. They had to start after Winterfest, and add on to that the fact that SW Ohio had a brutal winter and its honestly amazing they got I-Street as good looking as it is with all that extensive paint work and tile work in that amount of time.  The fountain's gonna be a bit more complicated than sprucing up a few buildings, especially since they can't test out the water until its relatively warm (March was pretty cold).  

Brutal winter?  I would beg to differ.  It was pretty mild.  Yeah, it was cold, it's winter, it gets cold.  We didn't have any significant snowfall events.  That had nothing to do with their preperations.

31 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Why would they be fired? It was said in private and is none of our business. Most of us have jobs/careers where we privately complain about the dimwittedness of our clients. It is a fairly normal thing.

Let's be real here. Last Friday, the GP showed up on a cold, abysmal day with freezing rain that felt like nails hitting your skin on Diamondback, leaving their bodies shaking and their hands frozen stiff, just to enjoy another day at KI, ride some rides, and have some fun. I doubt they'd stop coming because a couple of pedestals were removed. 

100% agree here and truth be told, the park isn't going to hold KIC's opinions in as high as a regard as what they perceive the GP overall.  KIC and enthusiasts make up a very small portion of their attendance.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

100% agree here and truth be told, the park isn't going to hold KIC's opinions in as high as a regard as what they perceive the GP overall.  KIC and enthusiasts make up a very small portion of their attendance.  

Yea true but if you’re employees are actively trash talking their customers, especially their loyal fan base there’d most likely be repercussions for that. If you don’t like the customers I don’t think the amusement park industry is for you to be honest.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Yea true but if you’re employees are actively trash talking their customers, especially their loyal fan base there’d most likely be repercussions for that. If you don’t like the customers I don’t think the amusement park industry is for you to be honest.

Let's be real here...we have had people claim that this type of ride is coming or that type of ride is coming....people who have been kicked off of KIC for trespassing into the park.......etc. We have had people complaining over the past few years about how the park should have done this or that differently.....once prominent members no longer visit due to the attitude and general feel of the forums being negative and nothing but drama....etc.

How do you know it's been an active thing? Is it really trash talking when it's pretty much true? Are most KIC members truly loyal? Maybe this a call for get your s**t together KIC and change the feel of the forums (not on the admin/mods account because they are doing all they can to help that) are, if you ever want to be included on anything again (remember we used to have off season events, meetups with the park during the season, etc.)...and want to be prominent again.

37 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Respectfully, lawyers do this. Doctors do this. I guarantee almost everyone here does this. And when fans start demanding blood over a couple pedestals, can you really blame them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just my two cents that presumably no one asked for in regards to KIC members or enthusiasts in general. I honestly find the GP a bit more “likeable” than enthusiasts. There’s a difference between being an enthusiast and being a brat. You may not like the fountains (I think they look pretty sweet and modern), something that the park needs. In fact, I bet you most people don’t even notice the new water jets before noticing the other touch ups on I-Street. Enthusiasts are too dramatic and not-picky. Real Housewives of Kings Island now on Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just don’t understand why people can’t make valid criticisms about something they dislike? I said multiple times that I street looks amazing and that the fountains look great. I even posted photos of the buildings that I liked the most. I had some general dislikes about the fountains and the forum has erupted and saying that we demanded blood and now it’s an HBO show. This is bonkers lol

• Like 2

Wasn't there an entire thread created to complain about the food, and Chad was asked about it in a video last season? lol.  As if there is certain things you can complain about, then other things you aren't.  I've seen posts from the GP online talking about the fountains, some in a good way, some not good.   If you're in business serving the public, you can't make everyone happy..   After seeing more pictures and videos of the new Royal Fountain running more,  I can now say I do like them nearly as much as the old pedestals.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

Blood, really dude? I side with Creed here. This is too dramatic. A very few amount of people disliked the fountains and now we’re saying that they demanded blood over the pedestals. Wow. I see now that criticism is highly frowned upon on this site. 

I took a dramatic liberty in my wording. I feel like that was obvious. But maybe it wasn't the best choice of words. At the time I wrote it, I was thinking about how someone was suggesting KI employees should be fired for privately complaining about obnoxious customers, as well as the fact that every day, I see someone complaining about something (a new Star Wars movie, a Kingdom Hearts video game, Ghostbusters) and claiming someone (like Kathleen Kennedy) should be fired for it. So, yes, blood. 

EDIT: Perhaps I should clarify. My "blood" comment was more or less a generalization of internet outrage as a whole. It wasn't centered on KIC nor was it directed specifically to you, Phantom Theater. I apologize for the confusion.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, standbyme said:

The irony factor was too great for me to ignore....maybe you need to get your s**t together while you are composing a post!

(No hard feelings...just giving you a hard time. ) :)

I'd rather not...too busy thinking about that Vekoma Mad House coming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I took a dramatic liberty in my wording. I feel like that was obvious. But maybe it wasn't the best choice of words. At the time I wrote it, I was thinking about how someone was suggesting KI employees should be fired for privately complaining about obnoxious customers. I mean, that too is a little dramatic. 

If this were the case, then people everywhere would be fired, including me at one of my jobs (tell the truth shame the devil)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Zayzayd13 said:

If this were the case, then people everywhere would be fired, including me at one of my jobs (tell the truth shame the devil)

People rarely get fired for poking fun of obnoxious customers when it is behind closed doors. As long as they're professional in public, who cares?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

Brutal winter?  I would beg to differ.  It was pretty mild.  Yeah, it was cold, it's winter, it gets cold.  We didn't have any significant snowfall events.  That had nothing to do with their preperations.

I was wondering the same thing about the winter comment. I thought it was one of the mildest. Hell in Feb we had 60s with people wearing shorts. Maybe I missed a “winter weather event” lol. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

Wow. I see now that criticism is highly frowned upon on this site. 

As one of the Admins, I will say that criticism is welcome on the site. We only ask that it is done respectfully. If you are going to give a criticism, give details about the situation. State how you would have liked it to go and why. That adds to the conversation on KIC and the park can see it and understand the situation and adjust. 

When members start exaggerating the truth, a few members seem to only post negatives about the park, and posts that are not being constructive in their criticism; that is when the park may get the impression that people come to KIC just to complain. 

At this point lets move past that conversation and get back on topic please.

Here are 2 of my favorite shots taken from the International Restaurant on Friday. 

20190419_190235.jpg20190419_190231.jpg

• Like 10

I think once it gets warmer in the Spring and then Summer comes,  International Street will look even more amazing,  the flags are a nice touch,  with I'm pretty sure more flowers being planted by the Royal Fountain.  The tables with umbrellas look really nice, and very colorful! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

I just don’t understand why people can’t make valid criticisms about something they dislike? 

^This^....Some people are so blinded by being cheerleaders for KI that they can’t fathom someone having a negative opinion on the park. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The umbrellas were pointed out to me by Chad when we went into the IR. They are to color coordinate with the colors of the building they are in front of.  

I honestly didn't realize that...when I was on top of the Eiffel Tower I just noticed that they kinda flowed from one color to the next...I'll have to look again to see it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I may have posted this before, but here is a picture I took Preview Night looking down at the Royal Fountain. You can get an idea of the color matching with this, and the picture Brad posted earlier. 

20190419_194220.jpg

I have almost the same picture, I meant I want to see it with my eyes in person :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

And that cold makes it harder to work on extensive outdoor plumbing- ergo, the fountain may have been behind schedule.  

Yeah but it sounds like the fountain will be choreographed with the nightly fireworks and light show.  It seems unlikely that they could have had all of that done prior to opening day.  The more likely scenario is that they had the fountain "working" by opening day, but will be making updates until Memorial Day weekend.

• Like 1