Everything posted by BeeastFarmer
-
Volcano: The Blast Coaster to be removed!
I wonder if this is in anticipation of the new large coaster BGW is rumored to get? Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Volcano: The Blast Coaster to be removed!
It was relocated from GL. It wasn't a new to the park coaster. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Volcano: The Blast Coaster to be removed!
I'd like to see a B&M Flyer in that area. Is it true that BGW has the "rights" to B&M in that market? I've heard that before. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Volcano: The Blast Coaster to be removed!
Ouch. This really hurts. I had the pleasure of riding this coaster in 2017 and looked forward to riding it next year. It was one of my favorites.
-
What do you think KI would get in 2020?
You can see the track on the entrance side of Wolfpack.
-
Phantom Therater......returns?
Voyage to the Iron Reef and Plants Vs. Zombies were a let-down for me. I never got to experience Phantom Theater, but it sounds wonderful.
-
Worst Coaster You Have Been On.
Goliath at SF Magic Mountain. Rough, underwhelming but it looks great, however the ride itself is not fun.
-
X-base or not?
@Joshua, I never really thought about that. Being T1D myself, I usually stick to water, Coke Zero, and the flavored waters at the fountain locations. I do have to keep a close watch on my CGM when I'm at a park because I can go hypoglycemic fairly fast, and to keep levels around 100, I often have to mix some regular soft drink in with Coke Zero. The Freestyle machines, for me, are a little more cumbersome for that. But, that's just me. I'm glad they work for you and others.
-
Future plans for Firehawk's station discussion
I don't see any problem with tying the next coaster to the current and former coasters. I don't expect to see Son of Beast: The Revenge or Steel Beast, but even a light tie in would be a good theming choice.
-
X-base or not?
Just for my edification, what is with the Coke Freestyle machines? We have one in Rivertown that is consistently closed, the Oktoberfest location is usually open, but on crowded days it is backed up. They are inefficient and the fountain locations offer plenty of choices. Not that I am against Freestyle locations, I just prefer the fountain locations personally. I will admit my bias against the Freestyle machines--being a germophobe, I hate the thought of touching the screen, especially after seeing how many people do not wash their hands in the restrooms.
-
The Giga Speculation Thread
I've found out the secret! It will not be a GiGa, but The Beast will be built again, only it's a ten hour ride time! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Kings Island 2019 Discussion
I'd conjecture that if your app shows as platinum, you should be good to go. Just use the app instead of the card. Unless things have changed, keep your parking receipt ( even though it's free) and get a hand stamp if you leave and plan to return the same day. Evidently, readmittance is not allowed without the receipt and hand stamp...at least in 2016 that's the way it was. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Kings Island 2019 Discussion
That was my point about the dorm. If you can house additional staff, you might be able to keep the park open additional days. They'd have to do a feasibility study and maybe run some trials, but the possibility will exist. If it happened profitability, it would be a win/win. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Kings Island 2019 Discussion
I said seasons...plural. With the ability to add 400 employees, it would be nice to have the park open for spring break. Also, the last weeks in August, during the week. It'd be nice to have "Haunt/Winterfest Lite" on weekdays. I never said I wanted the park open year round. Sorry you read that in my post. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Kings Island 2019 Discussion
I'd hope they use the dormitory and eventually perhaps extend the seasons. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
International street makeover
I'd like for the European names to return: Spanish building, German building, Swiss and French. It would be cool to see food and merch mixed in from each country along with current merch. They could even move the airbrush out and bring that building into the IS theme if they don't plan an Oktoberfest renovation down the road. The possibilities are endless and exciting. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
KIC Podcast- Episode #4- International Street Renovation
@BoddaH1994, there was a point in the podcast that mentioned the flags around the Tower, and if they were still there. It was not about the location of the flags towards the entrance. My response was about the Tower flags.
-
KIC Podcast- Episode #4- International Street Renovation
The flag poles are still around the tower.
-
Firehawk Leaving Kings Island 10/28/18
It's a couple of pictures of a giant metal hand, tearing up Firehawks track...with maniacal laughing. Similar to this screenshot.... Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Discussion on Firehawk and Surrounding Land Use
Last night was the first night of class. I have students ranging from 22-60 years old. In the "tell me about yourself" portion of the class, I shared my roller coaster hobby, and about half the class began a discussion of the New Beast coming to Kings Island. I thought it was pretty funny. It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens with tonight's class.
-
Ask Kings Island a Question
Great questions! Rivertown got at least closer to themed music in 2018, the Pickin On series of Bluegrass pop music. I really liked it and hope it returns. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Kings Island 2019 Discussion
I've stopped eating burgers at KI. They smell amazing on the Diamondback lift hill, but they taste bland. And the texture of extruded meat is not appetizing at all. Of course that may have changed in 2018 but I wouldn't know because I didn't eat them. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
International street makeover
WeatherBug Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
Expanding Action Zone
A forest requires trees, which Action Zone doesn't have. #planttrees #futureforest #growtreesgrow Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
-
International street makeover
They may get creative with the color and texture of the pavers to mimic a sidewalk and street. I'm more excited for the future of KI than I've ever been. I think they are reading my mind because 75% of my wish list items are being done! Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk