Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BeeastFarmer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BeeastFarmer

  1. That's a good one. They remind me of Boss Hogg, Roscoe Coltrane, Cletus, and Enus. I was going to include Cooter, but I think he was a good guy.
  2. I'm not sure about the agreement with SIX, but it seems as if I recollect that the negotiations with Mr. Hart et al were pretty specific. Any improvements to the land (buidlings, rides, etc) are to be paid for by the operator, but the Fair Board retains ownership. So--Lightning Run, Storm Chaser etc are actually owned by the Fair Board. This new coaster that the operators of the park are trying to build is being thwarted by the group that will own it. Brilliant.
  3. It sounds like they provided that to the people at the Fair Board, or at least that is how I interpret what Ed said at the press conference. Granted, I don't know what he means by technicality.
  4. I can see that perspective, but on the other hand, the lawsuit has nothing to do with the coaster--until now. Sounds to me like the Fair Board is being petty. They have made the expansion land available and the park wants to use about 1 of the 20 acres. This Fair Board has been corrupt for decades and I think that public opinion is on the side of the park, even if they assumed vs. crossing the t and dotting the i.
  5. I reached out to the State Fair Board by phone, but was just transferred to the "Communication Department VM." On Facebook, the response I received via Messenger was this: "Thank you for reaching to us John! Here is the statement from the Fair board: In our partnership with Kentucky Kingdom we have demonstrated a consistent desire to see their business succeed. There should be no surprises here as our lease with them has mutually agreed upon protocol for an orderly expansion, which is still in process and involves several landlord parties. We seek to be responsible stewards of the Commonwealth’s assets and look forward to working with Kentucky Kingdom as that process continues."
  6. I see the mother in law's tongue plant there. I'm guessing it was the same one that was in Tower Gardens this summer beside the chair with the barrel. With everything else that has been said, I can now say that the 2020 B&M GiGa will be called Mother of Beast and will feature a barrel roll. #breakingnews #motherofbeast
  7. Besides being excited for the KMAA, looking at these pictures makes me wish I could salvage some of the pavers that are only 7 years old.
  8. Wow, this conversation makes me extremely glad I'm no longer in the Apple Universe. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  9. @King Ding Dong...I'm surprised your personal concierge, Mr. Kinzel, doesn't have a charger built into his aresenal. You don't need to spend any time away from Rivertown Freestyle or your person gondola on WindSeeker! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  10. How about the GiGa starts out at Firehawk's current location, goes over in the trees, then goes along the CM midway (obviously behind The Racer), hugs AE and Banshee and has an impressive turn around in the woods between The Bat and Timberwolf? Some sort of unique element that piques the interest from the parking lot, but the height is back in the woods? This would be the granddaddy of all GiGaS. Maybe even a fly through/barrel roll through the SOB station, similar to Thunderbird?
  11. I used the CM Skyline kiosks a couple of times and they were pretty efficient. The only issue is that you could not use your drink plan. I'd like to see them install the system in the IS Skyline. The vast majority of Skyline is 3 ways or coneys. Devote the labor to spitting out the product. Not too hard to slap some cheese on top of chili on top of pasta.
  12. I happen to like Coasterbob62. The problem with many of the millennial channels is that they have jerky camera movements, spend too much time with the camera focused on them and their opinion and many of them sound like Valley girls. I do appreciate some of the behind the scenes stuff some of them do, and I like some reviews when they are posted after editing and the sugar rush is over from the day at the park. And I can't stand the over dramatic social media posts where links are provided and they say things like "BREAKING NEWS" or "THIS JUST IN."
  13. It's a vast Cedar Fair pumpkin spice conspiracy. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  14. No, when I typed in the KI url, it randomly brought up a KD blog. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  15. Well, this is interesting. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  16. Ed Hart's thoughts on Kentucky Flyer:
  17. Hmmmm...didn't Coney Island have a "Land of Oz" theme back in the day? Nod to the past, hint for the future, or just a random happenstance?
  18. Sorry. Forgot about that rule. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  19. No. Sorry. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  20. I think the park has focused on IS quite a bit in the last couple of seasons. The lighting, the music and the stunt show. They got creative by putting potted plants on the lighting tower pedestals. I'd like to see the flags, some statuary and replace some or all of the grass with flower gardens. Fairly inexpensive and adds to what they already have. But I'm also happy with what we have and will stay content with it.
  21. Which is worse: The Junkyard Coaster, The former The Crypt building, or the trashy white tables on IS?
  22. I think we waaaaaay over think things like this. When the time is right for sewage, food and merchandise, it will happen. To justify the cost, I'm sure the infrastructure would be part of a gig..er big project. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  23. ^^ Being a native Kentuckian and pretty much in the middle of the Bourbon Belt, I had never heard of this adult beverage until this post. I learn the darndest things here...
  24. ^So interesting that people can have different experiences. I've been mostly satisfied with food quality this year and have noticed time spent in line waiting for food. I've noticed more international workers in the food service locations. Granted, I have the ability to go on slow days during the week, so my experience is framed around that.
  25. Let's not forget this is a small park, not part of a corporate chain. Remember the Storm Chaser teaser? This is a definite step up from that. Underpromise and overdeliver. (Sidenote, to give people an idea of how KMAA would look, KI could have easily done something like this. Yes, I realize it is "just" a bunch of antique cars, but at least give it some perspective.)
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.