2024 Kings Island Speculation Thread

IndyGuy4KI

Snoopy’s Racing Railway has a realistic capacity of 300 something riders an hour.  It has to run a single train, since it takes two laps around the track, and only seats 14 riders.  It’s a low capacity kids ride, having the child requirement makes sense.

Personally I prefer it not get cloned.  I would prefer that Kings Island get rides with better capacity.

• Like 4

On 7/6/2023 at 10:05 AM, BeeastFarmer said:

Darkoaster was a blast but the ride itself is too dark and too fast to tell the PT story.  My opinion, fwiw, is to convert Boo into a Peanuts based dark ride.  Then build a new phantom theater dark ride elsewhere.  But that gets tricky because the other areas of the park may not lend themselves to a haunted theater.  Doesn't fit the theme of Rivertown and the big box or Coney Mall and the old action theater. Nowhere to put it in AP.  If Action Zone is going to eventually be redone as a haunted area, it would fit in well, but I think that will be too long down the road and the show tie in will be gone. Perfect spot would be between ki theater and chicken Shack, but in 20 years, will it be replaced with a Boo Blasters? Of course, it will need a Boo Blasters Encore show to proceed it.

Phantom in the old Action Theatre as a Coney Island abandoned Vaudeville Theatre thats recently been "discovered". Thge area could stay appropratly overgrown and "abandned" and not look trashy on the maidway since it's out of the way. Add a big entry marque to get attention to it and rework WindSeeker queu to make it more accessible.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Phantom in the old Action Theatre as a Coney Island abandoned Vaudeville Theatre thats recently been "discovered". Thge area could stay appropratly overgrown and "abandned" and not look trashy on the maidway since it's out of the way. Add a big entry marque to get attention to it and rework WindSeeker queu to make it more accessible.

I’ve had that thought a while ago. They could incorporate animatronics in with a 4-D feel. The best example I could come up with would be animatronics talking to one another before the ride sequence begins, and then you go through your 4-D ride. The closest example I can come up with would be how the Chuck E. Cheese animatronics would talk to one another in between show sets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I’ve had that thought a while ago. They could incorporate animatronics in with a 4-D feel. The best example I could come up with would be animatronics talking to one another before the ride sequence begins, and then you go through your 4-D ride. The closest example I can come up with would be how the Chuck E. Cheese animatronics would talk to one another in between show sets.

Oooh that’s a different direction that I actually like. I was envisioning using the existing building more for queue and load for a traditional dark ride, but your idea is actually very executable. Are you thinking a “ride through” or more “show based” where you add your 3d  “opera glasses” the curtain rises and a show begins that goes awry and the motion base takes over? As much as i love animatronics, i would be ok with screen based characters in a fully 3d environment. the fact that they are ghosts means peppers with video could be used for all the more complicated characters, and minimal practical animation for  sone props. the existing outdoor vivered area viijd be used for the lobby "preshow". Maybe split the space in two -use the other half as "backstage" that you walk through on the way out. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Oooh that’s a different direction that I actually like. I was envisioning using the existing building more for queue and load for a traditional dark ride, but your idea is actually very executable. Are you thinking a “ride through” or more “show based” where you add your 3d  “opera glasses” the curtain rises and a show begins that goes awry and the motion base takes over? As much as i love animatronics, i would be ok with screen based characters in a fully 3d environment. the fact that they are ghosts means peppers with video could be used for all the more complicated characters, and minimal practical animation for  sone props. the existing outdoor vivered area viijd be used for the lobby "preshow". Maybe split the space in two -use the other half as "backstage" that you walk through on the way out. 

I was thinking basically make a 4D Phantom Theater show. Actually it would be shows as I thought it would be cool to have alternate viewings similar to how you get alternate endings to Mystic Timbers. Imagine walking into the 4D actual theater to take your seats and looking around and seeing different animatronic characters talking to one another before the show begins. If they didn’t want to do animatronics, they could simply do voices which could further push the phantom effect.

• Like 3

It is usually the Thursday before National Roller Coaster Day (August 16th) or on National Roller Coaster Day if the day falls on a Thursday. Last year, Cedar Fair announced its 2023 new additions on August 11th. This year, I would expect Cedar Fair’s 2024 new additions to be announced on August 10th.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I wonder if anything will be hinted in the Q2 report.

IndyGuy4KI cross threading a bit.

Last year, it was mentioned that the new 2023 additions would be announced in the following week (or something like that) during Cedar Fair’s 2022 Second Quarter Report.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It is usually the Thursday before National Roller Coaster Day (August 16th) or on National Roller Coaster Day if the day falls on a Thursday. Last year, Cedar Fair announced its 2023 new additions on August 11th. This year, I would expect Cedar Fair’s 2024 new additions to be announced on August 10th.

Usually this would be the case. I think a factor we need to take into consideration is just how far along Kings Island is with planning their 2024 addition(s). Although Cedar Fair had its announcements in august last year for Carowinds's Aeronautica Landing and Cedar Point's Boardwalk, Kings Island didn't announce Adventure Port until late September, and this was later revealed to be due to Adventure Port basically being a last-minute decision for 2023.

• Like 2

Maybe this is a coincidence, or maybe it is something, but with the activity in the SOB station, and the Tweet from RMC yesterday has me wondering!!! Notice the "O" in Should and Coaster being capitalized. Possibly hinting at "OhiO"?

RMC_Tweet.PNG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kissfan4 said:

Maybe this is a coincidence, or maybe it is something, but with the activity in the SOB station, and the Tweet from RMC yesterday has me wondering!!! Notice the "O" in Should and Coaster being capitalized. Possibly hinting at "OhiO"?

RMC_Tweet.PNG

Or the O is for a full loop on OhiO! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kissfan4 said:

RMC_Tweet.PNG

Look and see who’s retweeted it. If it’s a higher up from a specific park, that would be a clue.

• Like 2

RMC_Tweet.PNG

I know I’ve stated before an RMC lift hill from the SoB station could clear Banshee but maybe we’re looking at the wrong direction.

IMG_3371.jpeg

• Like 4

RMC_Tweet.PNG

This is me just speculating but just hear me out. Arie Force One was a ground up Ibox coaster from RMC that took 2 years to build. If we would get a ground up Ibox it would probably take 2 years to build as well. So maybe they could be announcing it early. One more thing, 30 days from yesterday falls on August 10th.@FUN&ONLY! mentioned yesterday that August 10th could be the day Cedar Fair makes the 2024 season announcements.

• Like 1

I for the love of Kings Island hope if we do get an RMC they will stay away from the metal detectors in line. That has to be the single worst idea anyone has ever come up with. Completely puts me in a bad mood before I even get on the ride. 

Iron Gwazi > Steel Vengeance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

I know I’ve stated before an RMC lift hill from the SoB station could clear Banshee but maybe we’re looking at the wrong direction.

IMG_3371.jpeg

I like your stylized "C".  I know you likely didn't that on purpose, but it looks pretty awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Hopefully an RMC at Kings Island would focus on inversions, stalls, outward banked turns, ands unique ejector airtime moments to differentiate itself from Mystic Timbers. I think both can easily coexist in the same park.

Out of curiosity, how many parks have both an RMC and a GCI? Only Magic Mountain, Dollywood, and Hershey come to mind- CGA if we’re counting RailBlazer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orion742 said:

This is me just speculating but just hear me out. Arie Force One was a ground up Ibox coaster from RMC that took 2 years to build. If we would get a ground up Ibox it would probably take 2 years to build as well. So maybe they could be announcing it early. One more thing, 30 days from yesterday falls on August 10th.@FUN&ONLY! mentioned yesterday that August 10th could be the day Cedar Fair makes the 2024 season announcements.

Not just that, the construction for Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers both started in late 2016 despite both of those rides opening in 2018. If we were to get a ground-up RMC for 2025, it would make sense for them to start construction in late 2023. Not saying this is what's happening, because I do think there's still too much going against the idea of an RMC going to Kings Island with the issues Cedar Fair has had with their 2018 coasters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tr0y said:

I for the love of Kings Island hope if we do get an RMC they will stay away from the metal detectors in line. That has to be the single worst idea anyone has ever come up with. Completely puts me in a bad mood before I even get on the ride. 

Iron Gwazi > Steel Vengeance.

From going to Cedar Point last month, I remembered that you needed to go through TSA to ride steel vengeance. I felt like a criminal before riding it. It's such a knee jerk Cedar Fair decision to fend off bad press. 

• Haha 2