2024 Kings Island Speculation Thread

IndyGuy4KI

32 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Made my day! I know people give you a hard time but I'm glad you can laugh about it. 

Oh yeah. Definitely was an honor to meet him even if I was messaging him on facebook about the teasers while he was on vacation lol. Trust me, I have promised before and I'll stick to the promise that I will never EVER to that sort of thing again. Especially since the park doesn't like us doing stuff like that and I completely understand why. The past is the past and while I will always be on here especially during the next decoding thread (hopefully next season), I will be very careful when it comes to what I say and will never interact with media personel over stuff like this and the only interactions I'll have is if I were to be interviewed with permission from the park's PR department (like when I got interviewed on the tower platform by Spectrum News on pass preview day). 

• Like 3

Personally I think people looking at the SOB station are looking at the wrong side of the park.

I took a stroll through Planet Snoopy and noticed a man lift in the theatre.  It appears to be directly under the rail in the rafters holding the lighting, and all of the lights to the right of the lift appear to have been removed.  

Stripping the building as preparation for demolition?  Maybe it will be reused?  Either way I think something is going on.

Planet Snoopy.jpeg

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Personally I think people looking at the SOB station are looking at the wrong side of the park.

I took a stroll through Planet Snoopy and noticed a man lift in the theatre.  It appears to be directly under the rail in the rafters holding the lighting, and all of the lights to the right of the lift appear to have been removed.  

Stripping the building as preparation for demolition?  Maybe it will be reused?  Either way I think something is going on.

Planet Snoopy.jpeg

I think it’s in preparation for the Snoopy’s Racing Railway clone that we’re rumored to receive

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think it’s in preparation for the Snoopy’s Racing Railway clone that we’re rumored to receive

Sorry to be the Negative Nellie here but at this point, if Kings Island thinks they are getting that golden ticket award back from Dollywood for best kids area they are plain stupid! Why did Dollywood get it to begin with? Because Dollywood's "kiddy coasters" are more like family coasters with low height requirements so that kids can ride but adults like them too. Kings Island kiddy coasters with the exception of Woodstock Express do not appeal to anyone over 48" because they aren't that good and once you're 4' tall you can ride stuff that is so much better. I personally don't want to see a snoopy racing railway clone because I don't think we really need another kiddy coaster that adults cannot ride and that will only hold the attention of guests under 48" (we already have 3 coasters in that department) Unfortunately, because of the way management and money goes, we're probably getting one because it was part of a multi year package deal type thing with the manufacturer. 

If they want to target kids but still make a coaster that's going to appeal to everyone than our management needs to start looking at Dollywood and give us a real family coaster that has a low height requirement like big bear Mountain. Something like that in The Vortex plot would be perfectly acceptable to me. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Sorry to be the Negative Nellie here but at this point, if Kings Island thinks they are getting that golden ticket award back from Dollywood for best kids area they are plain stupid! Why did Dollywood get it to begin with? Because Dollywood's "kiddy coasters" are more like family coasters with low height requirements so that kids can ride but adults like them too. Kings Island kiddy coasters with the exception of Woodstock Express do not appeal to anyone over 48" because they aren't that good and once you're 4' tall you can ride stuff that is so much better. I personally don't want to see a snoopy racing railway clone because I don't think we really need another kiddy coaster that adults cannot ride and that will only hold the attention of guests under 48" (we already have 3 coasters in that department) Unfortunately, because of the way management and money goes, we're probably getting one because it was part of a multi year package deal type thing with the manufacturer. 

If they want to target kids but still make a coaster that's going to appeal to everyone than our management needs to start looking at Dollywood and give us a real family coaster that has a low height requirement like big bear Mountain. Something like that in The Vortex plot would be perfectly acceptable to me. 

Maybe it’s just me but I personally don’t think they’re fighting to get the golden ticket award back. Planet Snoopy’s packed regardless of what awards they receive. Besides, if they really wanted to get the “World’s Best Kids Area” back, they wouldn’t be closing some of their rides early or delay opening others.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Or replace FAAC with a new gen Vekoma inverted model like Dragonflier. That would be amazing. 

1 hour ago, johnjniehaus said:

While I agree that Kings Island won’t be topping Big Bear Mountain, the family coasters (only Dragonflier was open at the time) are not the only reason Dollywood won the award. Wildwood Grove is simply much more beautiful than the tacky and outdated Planet Snoopy at Kings Island.  Kings Island somehow still has the title of the second best kids area, which is crazy to me. Planet Snoopy at Kings Island looks way more dilapidated and tacky compared to even other kids areas in the chain (the Camp Snoopy’s at Carowinds and Cedar Point). I guess the Golden Ticket Awards value the classic rides and a log flume in the kids area.

• Like 5

While something like Big Bear would be great, a nice Gravity Group coaster like Kentucky Flyer would be great in that space where the theater was.  The measurements for the railway coaster work out perfect for that space, though.  I am hoping improved dining comes to that area as well.

• Like 3

If 2024 is a Snoopy addition I don't see a coaster as you already have Top Thrill 2 and the Dorney project. Plus CF historically hasn't added a new coaster in both parks in the same year for good reason. If 2024 is a Snoopy addition I predict the main big addition would be an indoor dining facility with kids entertainment that's been brought up before along with a couple family/kid flat rides by Zamperla. In terms of what rides, I think a samba balloon would be the best fit as other CF parks have them in their Snoopy areas. Zamperla also offers this Magic Bike Ride that looks like a lot of fun. I'll link it here: https://www.zamperla.com/products/magic-bikes-2/

Now whether or not Planet Snoopy would get a full retheme to Camp Snoopy I'm mixed on. As much as I would be 100% all for the full retheme and it would make the area so much nicer and help transition to Rivertown better, I don't know if they would do the full retheme since they would probably have to remove a few rides and they did just do some repainting in the area. But again they did originally repaint Sling Shot in the 2021-2022 offseason only for it to be removed, so we never really know. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

If you want to win the golden ticket you need not spend your budget on family coasters, you need to spend it on Amusement Today advertising. 

Plus enthusiast events, media days, etc.

It’s about the relationship with certain voting parties. Legacy helps too. 

To clarify, Amusement Today doesn’t hand-pick the GTA winners; however, their staff and their picked voters have a huge weight in the voting poll. The rest is peppered in by AT subscribers, with a lot of the voting population being enthusiasts. 

Notice how Prowler beat Diamondback for best new ride. Remember how almost no enthusiasts were invited to DB’s media day? That was the retribution. 

Remember Banshee’s media day? Everyone was invited to the “Best New Ride of 2014,” if you catch my drift. 

Not to beat a dead horse but with the relationship that enthusiasts have had with the park for the past five years, how did Orion finish for “Best New Ride of 2021?” (no GTAs in 2020) I get that some were disappointed, but how did it finish fifth? Oof. 

But yeah, there are a lot of factors that go in, but I’m sure a few ad-buys wouldn’t hurt. In fact, there are full page ads from parks thanking AT for their GTA in the issue that announces the winner. Conspiracy???

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

How likely would it be if Kings Island did Soak City and Planet Snoopy the same year? There's been markers found in both areas.

It’s VERY possible, especially depending on what is added. A kids area addition with a Camp Snoopy retheme AND a water park addition seems like a lot, but it is still possible. Maybe we will just get additions in both areas without a Camp Snoopy retheme, but I really hope Planet Snoopy is overhauled. It needs it.

What is exciting about the prospect of both areas receiving something new in 2024 is that Planet Snoopy and Soak City were the two areas Mike Koontz wanted to focus on before Kings Island added a new coaster. Of course, things change, but maybe it is now more likely that we will see a new coaster in 2025.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2023 at 3:31 PM, Tr0y said:

Marker in Soak City, Water Beast confirmed! #Whatsinthewater

:P

IMG_1471.jpeg

Where exactly in Soak City is this marker located? Is it anywhere near the old Pipeline area? I haven't been to Soak City in 6 years so I have no idea where this could be lol. 

29 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

How likely would it be if Kings Island did Soak City and Planet Snoopy the same year? There's been markers found in both areas.

Canada's Wonderland did it for 2020 (2021) where they added a small kids ride in their kids area and the mountain bay cliff jumping thing in their water park in the same year. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Where exactly in Soak City is this marker located? Is it anywhere near the old Pipeline area? I haven't been to Soak City in 6 years so I have no idea where this could be lol. 

This area:

IMG_3440.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Interesting. Wonder if we see the removal of Zoom Flume since it is an older slide and would open up space for a pretty large slide. Maybe that water coaster we all want? 

I was thinking the Pipeline area would make the most sense for a Water Coaster. The land is relatively flat, already cleared and the majority of it is in dead space that is only accessible by maintenance because of the wave pools. 

IMG_3441.jpeg

• Like 4

My prediction for 2024. 

Camp Snoopy.  Family coaster.  Amphitheater will remain.  Coaster to the left of it, interacting with flume.  I believe they may finally connect Planet Snoopy with Race for your Life via a path or midway behind Flying Aerial Chase.

Although "Snoopy's Racing Railway" may be a shared name of the new family coaster, I do not think it will be a clone of the Canada's Wonderland GMBH. 

If I had to guess, I'd say CF got a package deal on a pair of coasters for Knotts and KI.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1