Winterfest 2023 Discussion

SonofBaconator

Here’s a funny anecdote. Last night, Don and I were planning for Tower Topics and he mentioned off hand that they’d use the "ONE. MORE. WEEK!” that he used at this point this time last year. 

…and
2028485214_Screenshot2023-11-17at8_44_12AM.thumb.jpeg.5977e68a44d11f2555ede87ce67bfb69.jpeg
Nailed it.
As adorable as it is predictable. 
What's wrong with the post?

Looking forward to getting back in the park soon!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Interesting tweak to the parade route this year. I feel like this is way better- now they just need to eliminate the show stop between coney and IS and run it back down the other side of coney to the start point for the last show stop. They could even list the “approx” times that it would hit the stops so people don’t stress out if they don’t get to the route right at 8. Also interesting that Carrowinds is running theirs at 9-likely as an official “end” to the evening. Wonder what their learnings from the haunt parade were. All the vids I saw of it, it felt a bit cringy and desperate.but those were all from early in the run. Maybe it got better, but that seemed like an odd investment. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 5:41 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

If anyone is buying tickets for friends or family, you may want to wait. Kings Dominion is currently running a flash sale for $19.99 tickets. If history is any indication, Kings Island will likely run the same sale within the next seven calendar days. 

IMG_3059.jpeg

With Kings Island’s recent behavior, it may be safe to assume that people who purchased at the current “sale” price will not get an adjustment.

IMG_8652.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orion-XL200 said:

IMG_8771.jpeg

Looks like the menus have been released. Is it me or does it seem more standard season options than holiday options? I feel like there used to be more specialty meals. 

I agree - it looks like only holiday meatloaf and mac-n-cheese?

Well, like we said, they got your money already, so what is the incentive to offer anything new or different. 

It isn't like a meal plan passholder is going to boycott and not eat LOL. 

There will still be healthy food lines at park open for the meal planners to get their first meal so they can get a 2nd meal during the limited hours  :P

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I agree - it looks like only holiday meatloaf and mac-n-cheese?

Well, like we said, they got your money already, so what is the incentive to offer anything new or different. 

It isn't like a meal plan passholder is going to boycott and not eat LOL. 

There will still be healthy food lines at park open for the meal planners to get their first meal so they can get a 2nd meal during the limited hours  :P

Grain and Grill is Scrooge’s Sausagehaus - featuring items that are found at other places in the park.