Winterfest 2023 Discussion

SonofBaconator

44 minutes ago, Timchat2 said:

It will be interesting to see how the offerings might be arranged this year for any budget cuts. If nothing else Sounds of the Nativity (assuming it returns) will need a different setup with the Camp Snoopy construction.

Regardless, it will probably need a new venue even after Camp Snoopy construction considering the play structure that's being built.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 10:02 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I hope the train gets a facelift- I think The Twelve Days of Christmas has overstayed its welcome.

I’m not a fan of lights on formed frames.   I prefer them in the trees and in the buildings.   

they are not going to do this because of the labor cost but imagine the train ride with lights in the high trees…..

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 10:02 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I hope the train gets a facelift- I think The Twelve Days of Christmas has overstayed its welcome.

Imagine the whole train course COVERED in Christmas lights (especially the woods after the trestle bridge)...even better, imagine that with snow!

Anyways lol I sorta agree.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Imagine the whole train course COVERED in Christmas lights (especially the woods after the trestle bridge)...even better, imagine that with snow!

Anyways lol I sorta agree.

Yes! They could just model what used to be Holiday in Lights at Sharon Woods: 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tr0y said:

Yes! They could just model what used to be Holiday in Lights at Sharon Woods: 

I would 110% LOVE to see this!

Also, Id rather do sledding on the waterslides in Soak City than the log flume lol.

Edited by Klabergian Empire
Forgot to add something lol
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Also, Id rather do sledding on the waterslides in Soak City than the log flume lol.

At a certain water park across the street, you were able to do just that. And if I remember correctly, said slides were relics from Surf Cincinnati. This was a long time ago. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

At a certain water park across the street, you were able to do just that. And if I remember correctly, said slides were relics from Surf Cincinnati. This was a long time ago. 

@BoddaH1994 would know better than me, but I’m pretty sure only one former Surf Cincinnati slide got used and that was circa 2006 for their weird and definitely questionable “toboggan” attraction that Boddah, @Dane, and I wrecked on. I don’t think they ever brought that back. The “tubing” they had in later years was just a giant dirt pile in the parking lot and the slides sitting in pieces out there were from… Columbus’ old zoo waterpark thing?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

@BoddaH1994 would know better than me, but I’m pretty sure only one former Surf Cincinnati slide got used and that was circa 2006 for their weird and definitely questionable “toboggan” attraction that Boddah, @Dane, and I wrecked on. I don’t think they ever brought that back. The “tubing” they had in later years was just a giant dirt pile in the parking lot and the slides sitting in pieces out there were from… Columbus’ old zoo waterpark thing?

Beach Waterpark  Jan 7th 2011 005.JPG

Beach Waterpark  Jan 7th 2011 007.JPG

Beach Waterpark  Jan 7th 2011 008.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TOPGUN1993 said:

YES! Hahaha, that was the most terrifying thing I’d ever done in an amusement park. Fairly certain those two slides in your video came from Surf Cincinnati. In 2006, they let @Dane and I take our pick of sleds (out of a pile where we had to decide “which one is less broken”)—and then they let us ride together. 

• Like 2