Top Thrill 2 and Fastlane

I literally just saw this exact post. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I imagine Sandusky PD and park security will be abundant as I can imagine there will be those who will raise Cain over this because "they didn't know"

Another question is will they go to the scan your pass for access to the line option like they tried in the past and Carowinds tested at the end of last year, or will they stick with the wristbands and then need 3 instead of 2 - FL, FL+, and ASFL+

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Saw this online:

IMG_0044.jpeg

Notice: one time through for daily FL+. I know this will be controversial; however, I think it’s a really good thing for crowd management. 

Weirdly enough, the app states that all season Fastlane plus only gets you one ride on TT2 per visit. It shows the starting price for FLP is also $115 and not $99 which is correct because when you click on dates to buy it the lowest price is $115.

Does anyone know if you purchase a Fastlane it will be available for you to redeem any time of that day you selected? So let’s say I purchase a Fastlane and I don’t get to the park until 3pm, can I still redeem it or will someone have taken it by then?

I think it’s a good thing. Going to be popular when it returns as new thing and a return of a loved attraction. When we rode the original it was easily our longest wait even with FL+. Valravn was brand new and it took us about 15 minutes and Maverick was 10-15. But TTD took 30 or so because dispatches took so long. 

1 hour ago, purdude86 said:

I think it’s a good thing. Going to be popular when it returns as new thing and a return of a loved attraction. When we rode the original it was easily our longest wait even with FL+. Valravn was brand new and it took us about 15 minutes and Maverick was 10-15. But TTD took 30 or so because dispatches took so long. 

You must go on light days LOL.  I have seen Maverick FL exceed 45 minutes.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

I'm going for 10 days in June, I got the season fastlanes, so this should definitely shorten the line up as the day goes.

Not necessarily. There is some confusion going on because the app states you only get access to TT2 once per visit with season long Fastlane but the website says unlimited access. We’ll have to wait and see which one is correct.

15 hours ago, Orion742 said:

Weirdly enough, the app states that all season Fastlane plus only gets you one ride on TT2 per visit.

I think you're misreading this. It states that season long FLP gets you one FLP wristband per visit, and that FLP wristband provides unlimited access to all the rides therein, including TT2. Taken the way you're interpreting it, season long FLP would only provide one ride each on all of the FLP rides per visit, which I'm fairly certain is not the policy.

2 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

I think you're misreading this. It states that season long FLP gets you one FLP wristband per visit, and that FLP wristband provides unlimited access to all the rides therein, including TT2. Taken the way you're interpreting it, season long FLP would only provide one ride each on all of the FLP rides per visit, which I'm fairly certain is not the policy.

You are correct. They have changed it on the app. I was able to get a picture before they changed. Here is the current and here is what it used to say.IMG_0790.jpegIMG_0788.jpeg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

I'm kinda afraid of the regular que when this thing opens....

I’m afraid of all the queues when it opens. It’s probably going to have a three hour regular line and an hour Fastlane line. 
I don’t know for sure if it would be the best option but maybe they could implement access passes that you can only enter then queue at a certain time. That may help with the lines.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

I’m afraid of all the queues when it opens. It’s probably going to have a three hour regular line and an hour Fastlane line. 
I don’t know for sure if it would be the best option but maybe they could implement access passes that you can only enter then queue at a certain time. That may help with the lines.

Yeah and with the dismal ops I experienced last year on my visits, I can't imagine how bad ALL of the lines will be this season. 

16 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

Yeah, we did 9 last year, it wasn't to bad. We stay at breakers, so we can take a lot of breaks.

We did 3 days in a row last May and THAT was almost too much. I absolutely love CP, don't get me wrong, but I would absolutely need a break from the park all together to break it up. Plus there are a ton of really cool places to see, eat at and explore in Sandusky as a whole. I feel like folks who stay up there for the park rarely venture away to experience the awesome little city it's located in. 

11 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

We did 3 days in a row last May and THAT was almost too much. I absolutely love CP, don't get me wrong, but I would absolutely need a break from the park all together to break it up. Plus there are a ton of really cool places to see, eat at and explore in Sandusky as a whole. I feel like folks who stay up there for the park rarely venture away to experience the awesome little city it's located in. 

What's some fun stuff to do in the area?

8 hours ago, teenageninja said:

I don't think I could even do 10 days in Orlando, much less 10 at CP.

We did 9 days last year and I was bummed when it was over.

It's a 6 hour drive for us, so we only make one trip a year. KI is a 80 minute drive, so we do at least every other weekend.

I've been laughing at all the people complaining about this policy. I definitely think it's a good idea for crowd/line management, though I am wondering how they will enforce it. Also, 10 days at CP would drive me nuts. I usually do two or three days and I'm good. Even when visiting new parks I typically only do one or two days (two days for the first time at bigger parks, one day for smaller/less-busy parks like Knoebels and Dorney)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

I've been laughing at all the people complaining about this policy. I definitely think it's a good idea for crowd/line management, though I am wondering how they will enforce it.

In the last few months barcode scanners at Fast Lane entrances have been installed at Carowinds and I think Kings Dominion.  They already have scanners at the Fast Lane entrance to a number of rides at Cedar Point.  The wristbands at Cedar Point have had barcodes for a while but they just have rarely been using them.  Starting to look like they might by go chain wide this year, and actually see some use.

EDIT: Just wanted to add there are signs the new app will allow guests to purchase single use Fast Lane in app and likely will have a barcode/QR code and guests will scan the phones at the Fast Lane instead of having the kiosks with paper receipts.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2024 at 11:16 AM, teenageninja said:

I’ve always said the same. My wife and I just got back from Orlando (Disney). But I think you can totally do 10 days if you take things slower and work in “rest” days. If you do mix in other parks it would help. But I think it’s doable. 

Doable is one thing. Affordability is another. Haha. 10 days is still too much for me in that regard. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 11:16 AM, teenageninja said:

Yeah, budget fatigue sets in quickly after the first couple days at Disney. :P

• Haha 1

Budget aside, 10 continuous days anywhere seems like a waste of entertainment dollars to me.

On 2/9/2024 at 10:15 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m good for about three days at CP before I’m over it. 

If I were doing nothing but marathoning coasters, yeah, 3 days would be too much. But the family-centric stays we've done there included shows/live E, copious beach/pool/resort time, water park time, etc., and we've never felt we overstayed during our 4/5 day visits. YMMV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

Budget aside, 10 continuous days anywhere seems like a waste of entertainment dollars to me.

If I were doing nothing but marathoning coasters, yeah, 3 days would be too much. But the family-centric stays we've done there included shows/live E, copious beach/pool/resort time, water park time, etc., and we've never felt we overstayed during our 4/5 day visits. YMMV.

Yeah, we won't be marathoning coasters, will do Waterpark and a day on the beach, weather permitting.  Also, enjoying the  breakers pools and are suite. I bring a xbox and etc. I'd stay 20 if time from work off was possible. Great time

• Like 1