Tomb Raider The Ride question

Vortex1987

As much as I like Diamondback and MT, the era before they were built gave Rivertown this quaint feeling I miss.  The lake DB used to inhabit was probably the best quiet area of the park, especially when the Tiques were still there.   Eating in the back of WINGS back then was the best.   Also, WAY more shade. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

As much as I like Diamondback and MT, the era before they were built gave Rivertown this quaint feeling I miss.  The lake DB used to inhabit was probably the best quiet area of the park, especially when the Tiques were still there.   Eating in the back of WINGS back then was the best.   Also, WAY more shade. 

And less noise LOL.  People do not realize how loud the Diamondback lift is until they sit back there!

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone be interested in a YouTube Doc about the history of the Land Rover Defender that was displayed infront of the ride?

I keep debating making one, but it would be a lot of work because I'd want it to be professional.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

Man. I’m always shocked at old Swan Lake pictures. They really laid waste to that area of the park for Diamondback. 

That was always one of my favorite areas in the park 

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

Another question: 

On TR:TR, the door with the triangle of light, how did it open?

Was it opened automatically? Or was it operated with a button? Or how did it work? 

This feels like a question for @Captain Nemo. Apologies if I've forgotten any other former TRTR ride ops!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

This feels like a question for @Captain Nemo. Apologies if I've forgotten any other former TRTR ride ops!

On 8/9/2024 at 2:34 PM, Vortex1987 said:

Another question: 

On TR:TR, the door with the triangle of light, how did it open?

Was it opened automatically? Or was it operated with a button? Or how did it work? 

The Antichamber horizontal door, preshow vertical door were controlled by their respective ride associate.

The controls for anti chamber were located against the wall to the right of the moving door. Within the controls to open and close the door was a “start show” scene to begin the triangle unlocking lights and sound. We had cue light in the control area that let us know when it was time to open the door to the next room. 

so basically, the anti chamber position consisted of

Separating 77 people into 3 rows

wait at the controls. A cue light let you know when the Preshow was ready to load.

hit “start show” and at the right moment hit “door open” just as you hear the moving rock sound effect. The fog came from the ceiling in the preshow room.

once all the guests were lead into preshow the antechamber ride op closes the door and the process begins again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 6:18 PM, Captain Nemo said:

The Antichamber horizontal door, preshow vertical door were controlled by their respective ride associate.

The controls for anti chamber were located against the wall to the right of the moving door. Within the controls to open and close the door was a “start show” scene to begin the triangle unlocking lights and sound. We had cue light in the control area that let us know when it was time to open the door to the next room. 

so basically, the anti chamber position consisted of

Separating 77 people into 3 rows

wait at the controls. A cue light let you know when the Preshow was ready to load.

hit “start show” and at the right moment hit “door open” just as you hear the moving rock sound effect. The fog came from the ceiling in the preshow room.

once all the guests were lead into preshow the antechamber ride op closes the door and the process begins again

Was it in the antechamber or the warrior room?

17 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

Was it in the antechamber or the warrior room?

You're describing the same room with both of those.

It went "Caves/cavern entrance. (this is the narrow part with th elavated walkway)-- > Antechamber/monkey room (This was where you first were divided into 3 rows. The controls for the horizontal sliding door were on the right by the emergency exit door.) ----> Preshow (This is where the giant statue was and where the movie played had a vertical door between it and the ride room) ---> Ride Room/Show Room (This is where the ride was and where the haunt attraction is now).

The Antechamber door is still installed as well, but it's been fixed back into the wall. When you walk from the antechamber into the pre show during Haunt, you can see it there.

Pre-shows controls were by the emergency exit in the pre-show room. Then the ride room exit would be across from where the stairs are to go into the Haunt. The drivebox is in a room attached to the exterior of the building which you can see from The Beast/Slaughterhouse. It's the big set of stairs going to what looks like a metal extension on the building. Then the two other ride operator positions were right off the ride in the exit, and the other was just to the right of the big opening when you go to where the stairs down to Haunt are now. Those stairs used to go into a maintenance area and then a gate to go into lock out under the ride.

See that little control panel on the stone? Its what starts the preshow in this recreation. 

So this control panel actually goes sort of by that door in the antechamber room? I want this to be a literal almost perfect copy of the real ride. Thanks to LUBS. 

20240812181554_1.jpg

20240812181602_1.jpg

20240812181613_1.jpg

20240812181626_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2024 at 9:46 PM, Vortex1987 said:

At 2:03, is that small box the control panel?  I have the door in the correct spot (as close as Planet Coaster will let me get), I'm just making sure that that box is the control panel.

The control panel is not in the video. It's really well hidden. The Door that is open at 2:03 leading outside. If you were to walk to that door, right when you're between the monkey arches on your right and the wall on your left, the panel would be built into a recessed spot on that wall with the arches. You would not be able to see it unless you walk up to that exit door. It even had a camouflaged painted door to hide it even more. If you could stick your hand into the wall behind that white bird cage thing and turn it left out the side of that wall, you'd literally be sticking your hand through the backside of the panel.