Haunt 2019 Discussion

kingsislandfan1972

11 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

From @chadshowalter :

7E675510-D1B4-4E34-A0AC-40C3A6CB0D20.png

I love the skeletons on the truss work. That’s creative!

Also, notice on the same truss work that the lights that faced the fountain before the upgrade was completed has returned and the intelligent lighting was removed, at least for now. I’m very curious as to what the “new” I-Street will look like for Haunt.

It looks as if there are little skeletons climbing on the light trusses.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, XGatorHead 8904 said:

I remember hearing/reading comments from guests about that area being too bright with the lights from Drop Tower and them reflecting off the fog, but whether that's the reason I don't know.

I'm pretty sure I voiced that opinion in a trip report years and years ago. That was 2008, when CornSTALKERS was relocated to Action Zone due to Diamondback construction. The queue started near Invertigo and you approached Drop Tower, so you'd see the big tower while walking through. For 2009 though, the trail was reversed so you now entered near Drop Tower and exited by Invertigo. I assume the shift was more operations than anything else  though - the trail probably drew more people in a more centralized location, plus they could use Congo Falls' queue to accommodate the guests.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:46 PM, standbyme said:

I am also old...and I am the first to admit my memory is not the greatest. I have been to every year of Fearfest & Halloween Haunt, I also can not remember walking in Congo Falls waterway...but I do seem to remember walking in White Water Canyon’s. It was on one of the variations of the train haunt. After the train “broke down” you walked to the second half of the haunt. Unless my memory is way off, I swear at one point we walked through part of the waterway. Anyone know if I am right or not?

I'm fairly confident Kings Island has never used White Water Canyon's trough as part of the trail. The secondary queue used WWC's overlook (including a large portion that was unused the remainder of the season), and the trail itself was the exit pathway. It never took advantage of the trough though. Perhaps you're thinking of Cedar Point's Thunder Canyon? They used it for their CornSTALKERS at one point (and maybe still do? I haven't been to their event in years and don't know its history as well).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chibul said:

Was the park always opening at 7 this Saturday? My wife and I booked a hotel and everything for this Saturday because I swear we saw that it was open 11-1 this week. Calendar shows 7-1 now. Just cancelled our reservation. :(

Its been listed as a 7pm opening all year and the first Sat of Haunt was the same last year. Its a real shame. That is the reason why I did not go to Haunt opening weekend last year and why I will not this year either. I wait until weekend number 2. I wish they would put the general public first. A passholder sneak Haunt preview or Winterfest preview would be real nice but nope. Buyouts are more important to Cedar Fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

Its been listed as a 7pm opening all year and the first Sat of Haunt was the same last year. Its a real shame. That is the reason why I did not go to Haunt opening weekend last year and why I will not this year either. I wait until weekend number 2. I wish they would put the general public first. A passholder sneak Haunt preview or Winterfest preview would be real nice but nope. Buyouts are more important to Cedar Fair.

I guess to be positive, even though there is a buyout, at least the park is opening to the GP at 7 for Haunt.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:13 PM, PKIVortex said:

I was at the park on Friday, the eyes are up, as they were using the 265 foot Platform instead of the 275 foot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I looked at a recent tweet from Fox 19 and it appears that the eyes are on the 275 instead of the 265 platform.

3 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

You should consider yourself lucky that Toyota doesn't want to have the park until 10 PM.  These buy outs make the park an insane amount of money and they've been going on since well before Cedar Fair.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

You should consider yourself lucky that Toyota doesn't want to have the park until 10 PM.  These buy outs make the park an insane amount of money and they've been going on since well before Cedar Fair.

I guess, just disappointing that after 2 weekends of buyouts they choose to once again have a buyout on the first Saturday of the event.

11 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Money is important to Cedar Fair.  They own the park and run it as they see fit.  I'd guess they see an opportunity to make more money by having a buyout and then opening that being open to the public all day.

28 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

We have a funeral, but no signage to indicate a ride funeral/removal..

Photo_1569018724528.jpg

I don't believe a coaster is getting removed now. We are adding one next year and I doubt they would remove one when building a new coaster. I think the earliest we'll see another coaster leave is the end of next season and that's unlikely imo. 

• Like 2

The colors on that wreath didn't stand out as much as they did when they were teasing Firehawks removal. With that being said there still are red, yellow and white flowers on the wreath-from what I saw.

I think it's trolling at this point because they wouldn't remove something the same time they're getting a big coaster; however I've been wrong before. I can't think of anything that is due for immediate removal. I can almost guarantee it's not a coaster because it would be kind of foolish to remove to coasters back to back. Like I said I think the park is just trolling. Also unlike Firehawk, there's no sign saying that anything is leaving.

• Like 1