Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/11/2025 in all areas

  1. Paint each one a different color and call it m&m's brought to you by m&m's
  2. I like that they added these dates. If the weather is nice, all of the parks with the added dates should have good crowds.
  3. I was just saying it as a dream scenario. Not that it would or could actually happen. Everyone takes this stuff so seriously Chill. Also Apex was running the park in 2018 and doing a horrible job at it so they definitely wouldn't have been interested in purchasing Firehawk.
  4. P&G days is this weekend. I am guessing we will see lots of blow up products show up today.
  5. If I am understanding correctly, it looks like they are just putting new “skin” on their existing trams and buses. I was just at SDC last month and they were already using trams and buses.
  6. Well that's quite the accomplishment considering that they got 3 out of a chain that includes over 40 parks while some individual parks like Dollywood took home three all by themselves. So great job SF, you'd think that with 40 properties you would be able to beat out Dollywood
  7. I actually wouldn't be mad at that, although I like Skittles more, hehe.
  8. I unfortunately don't see the light at the end of the tunnel with how much their stock keeps dropping and their attendance is crashing too. Cutting events at parks where they aren't the most profitable is probably the right move unfortunately. Selling off land around some of the larger parks I think is smart. However they are in so much debt that I think history is probably going to repeat itself and they will be facing a bankruptcy situation sometime in the future. Big parks like CP, Kings Island, Magic Mountain etc with be safe but smaller or mid size parks may not survive. All I can say is, enjoy the parks while you can. I just visited CGA and actually really enjoyed it and it sucks that park is going to get closed. Six Flags America has sucked for a long time so I wasn't surprised nor too sad to hear it was closing but CGA was arguably the best park in the bay area market and it's unfortunate that they are going to lose it
  9. But at the same time, at this time of the year, with no "events" going on and being between Haunt and Winterfest, won't it be majority passholders not likely to spend anything more than redeeming their add-ons? And is this a test to see if the demand is there and then possibly cancel Winterfest at the parks that have it next year? Let's face it, if the demand is there for days like these and a few others to add, much more money to be made sprinkling an additional 15-20ish days across the season than go to the expense of Winterfest set up for the roughly same number of days.... It is a much bigger loss if the weather is bad for the Winterfest run than if these November days turned out to be poor weather.
  10. But took away the entire fall season at Michigan's Adventure and cancelled WinterFest at Kings Dominion.
  11. Is it haunt, or is it winterfest, seems like neither. Looks like Zimmerman reached into his magic hat and pulled out two more fall dates, 11/8 and 11/9, open 11am-7pm. Well, they're on the calendar for now at least, we'll see if they're still there in a few weeks
  12. Even adding a little dark gray accent to each part might look better than black. If they replace all of the lightbulbs with new ones I really hope they go with some nice warm white bulbs, and not try to "upgrade" the lighting package and add colorful LEDs. One of the cool things about areas like Coney Mall is the fact that the classic amusements have a classic look. It's one of the reasons why I hope The Vortex replacement has a lift hill with chaser lights instead of a solid LED bar like Fury 325, Orion, and Raptor have. The m&m Monster: presented by m&m's
  13. Yes, although it seems that individual might have actually been harassing the park by contacting guest services far too much asking about rumors and speculation. He is also the one who impersonated the park/falsified a guest services email to say that Monster had been permanently retired. An outright 1-year ban and restriction on who he can contact at the park may have been the easiest way to stop him. They also refunded his Haunted Attractions Pass. I believe the Ejection Notice can be found in the Random Photo of the Day topic and in a few subreddits (posted around late August). I don't think any news media would get banned unless they were calling super often to confirm or deny wild speculation. Most good news media wouldn't want to damage the remaining relations they have with Six Flags and probably would know that they shouldn't harass the park in the first place. The fence around Monster had some posters (poorly) attached to it near the end of August. All of the arms have been removed from the ride pad, but the queue line, op booth and sign, and the rest of the ride is still there behind the fence. I think this would be the perfect time for the park to go through and at least check everything again before they reassemble the ride. Maybe even give it a new coat of paint and fix some of the lights that have been sitting out in the sun all summer. If they're quick it could be back up and running sometime during Haunt. If they're taking their sweet time with it, I'd guess it will be back next season.
  14. Honestly KI just needs more indoor attractions in general. If they want to add more dates into the fall and winter, they need more attractions that can handle the cold and other rain/snow. I love dark rides, so would love to see some unique additions like this!
  15. Plus, Firehawk had "reached the end of it's service life" meaning it was likely not for sale.
  16. It is interesting to see this. I assume it is because the events didn't make enough or didn't break even. Its interesting that they cancelled the events but added other days in different places. I am guessing they are hoping people will show up later in the year and spend money in the park. Only time will tell if it works or not.
  17. Much agreed. It's wise to note that Panda Express is the only outside vendor left in the park from this list. I believe Starbucks, Panda Express, and Dippin' Dots are the only exterior dining vendors still operating within Cedar Point's park boundary. Using third-party food vendors in a park is good when used in moderation, but with parks the scale of Kings Island and Cedar Point it would look very tacky to make every dining location a vendor. Any money gained by being a landlord could be lost in perceived quality of the park. Great parks like Dollywood don't win the Golden Ticket by having outside vendors for a majority of their food options. Neither do any of the other four of the Top 5 in that category. Sadly best food was not a category this year, but the Top 5 from last year's awards don't rely on outside vendors either. Removing the meal plan may be even harder than this. Raising the prices might do something to help if they are perceived to be a net loss by Six Flags, but remove it and overall park visits from locals will go down while in-park F&B spending might only see a marginal boost. I've said it before, but I believe that removing the meal plans will ultimately result in a return to pre-dining plan methodologies. It's clear that I think messing with Dining Plans is a horrible idea. If they want to make up any "lost" money then they should seek to do it another way.
  18. Unless the other KI Winterfest days have been moved to 11-7 operations like Carowinds I wouldn't bet on them being for an early Winterfest. This would be a good opportunity for more Fall Festival operations if you've got the staff to work it, but if it's two more operating days for the sake of being open, I could see them acting as a consolation gift for something we have or haven't yet seen. Right now on the I-Street webcam they are testing various lasers and lights. One interesting thing about it is that there appears to be some kind of emphasis on lighting the edges of the fountain. No sign of the fire spouts or the Tower eyes yet, but it does look like the country flags have been changed over to HAUNT flags. I wonder if they'll also do some more testing of the lasers with the fountains running. (There is also an oversized golden toilet between the park sign and the KI Trading Company, but I think that is from a private event. It might even have the Charmin logo on it.)
  19. I-Street webcam currently shows some testing for the lasers and lights!
  20. SOB in the front row with the 2008/2009 non looping trains was pretty good and smooth... but any other row you felt the jolt of the rosebowl hard. I agree with you on how impressive the structure was. I was able to explore some parts of it over the years.... maybe those pictures will be posted one day...
  21. They added days to CP, KD, Carowinds and Wonderland as well.
  22. In other news, now that this is signed, Phantom is getting rethemed to Peanuts like in the survey now
  23. "We got a Golden Ticket. Get your Gold Pass today!"
  24. FUN closed down over 5% in trading today. We are now down to $21.66/ share. Wonder what the retired teachers of Canada think?
  25. Indiana Beach already has enough trouble with All-American Triple Loop.
  26. Do you think IB could keep up with the maintenance on one of those? At a KIC event years ago, this maintenance guy told us these were the most complex trains in the park (obviously at that time) with the number of sensors for each seat.
  27. With its trademark Herschend hospitality, food, entertainment, and special events, Silver Dollar City is easily one of the best regional parks in the United States.
  28. First drop, amazing. Loop, very cool. The rest was you in one of those paint mixers at the hardware store. It was one awesome looking structure.
  29. I agree! I don't think I would care if it went in Action Zone or in The Vortex plot, but I definitely want a new gen Vekoma coaster (a tilt would be an added bonus!). Siren's Curse is so good and smooth, and the on-board audio makes the ride so much better. A good punchy launch coaster would be really good too, preferably from Vekoma. I love the things Vekoma has been coming out with lately, and they can do some pretty cool theming as well. When I rode Siren's Curse the first time, I was surprised at how much theming went into that ride. If KI does get a new coaster eventually, I hope there will be room in the budget for some decent theming.
  30. From what I have been hearing from various people on social media, the ride has been fixed and is able to operate for the 7 or 8 weekends it has left. But corporate has refused to even consider reopening it. I don't understand why; it's not like the front plate is going to fall off again. If Batwing did reopen, would it have increased attendance enough for the final weeks of the park to make it worthwhile? If so, then it creates the feeling (in my mind) that Six Flags isn't that serious about fixing its financial problems. ------------------------------------- I've had a bad time lately with roller coasters being closed down, dating back to last August. In fact, I've had eight times this has happened (twice with TT2, being a week early with Siren's Curse, the Christmas Day Anaconda removal news, and between the 3 near DC parks this year , being denied Darkoaster, Pantherian, Superman, and Batwing). This count could still go up; I went the Gold Pass route given the deals offered, and I may try again at CP soon. Hearing this with Batwing is just more salt in the wound, even with the fact that I rode its clone at both Kings Island and Geauga Lake (and it's one of my most missed coasters).
  31. An S&S SS what not be a bad addition for where sky flyer was, especially considering that they both deliver a similar ride experience
  32. Don't call the park and ask Wonder if the news media would get the same outcome if they called....
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.