KI Comms

BeeastFarmer

So we are now promoting the fact that the ride is shorter and has less capacity than the ride it harkens back to.  Wonderful way to communicate how great the ride is!

Also, this is nitpicking, but Sol Spin is not where Skylab is. Skylab was to the south, roughly in the area of the Coke Marketplace and basketball game is iirc. Flying Dutchman was roughly in Sol Spins plot.  Our communication director really knows and applies his history!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So we are now promoting the fact that the ride is shorter and has less capacity than the ride it harkens back to.  Wonderful way to communicate how great the ride is!

Also, this is nitpicking, but Sol Spin is not where Skylab is. Skylab was to the south, roughly in the area of the Coke Marketplace and basketball game is iirc. Flying Dutchman was roughly in Sol Spins plot.  Our communication director really knows and applies his history!

image.png

"flys"...  Sure, pal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland/posts/pfbid032sjqPpXxMhEu4ZzGWqwi8xsqamWR455UFLWhHJysuRKjSboS3uuEhiTN3uYTsSKql?notif_id=1689550140003273&notif_t=notify_me_page&ref=notif

Just saw this posted around 7pm. Wouldn't you think this would be a bigger deal and would include news stations coming in for coverage? Would do wonders for the organization! 

19 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland/posts/pfbid032sjqPpXxMhEu4ZzGWqwi8xsqamWR455UFLWhHJysuRKjSboS3uuEhiTN3uYTsSKql?notif_id=1689550140003273&notif_t=notify_me_page&ref=notif

Just saw this posted around 7pm. Wouldn't you think this would be a bigger deal and would include news stations coming in for coverage? Would do wonders for the organization! 

Local News did do coverage on this event:

Since this is a thread about communications I just wanna say I appreciate all the work Kyle did at his time at Kings Island, all the historic videos uploaded on the parks YouTube channel were fun watches! Wish the parks YT channel had more content.

• Like 7

On 7/16/2023 at 7:39 PM, Orion-XL200 said:

That would require someone to show up on a weekend. Not happening. 

What about when the media received a media alert saying that the job convention was in HR instead of the Festhaus… only for an admin on here to have to point out the mistake.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Orion-XL200 said:

359549974_138815612576887_3311560054195963625_n.jpg

This happened around 2 today...while mostly okay...apparently there is no proofreading before hitting send. 

Once corrected, they deleted the tweet and resubmitted. Such a sentence crafter we have there.

The sunbeam cutting across the forehead adds so many style points to an excellent post.

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I’ve worked for two different parks in the chain and I was always told that attention to detail was everything. How can management stress attention to detail when the chain allows posts like this?

Do as I say, not as I do. :P

Could it be that the advert was paid and purchased for while the ride still existed, prior to the call to demolish it?  

Could they have outsourced the ad managing to a third party, and the third party hasn’t removed the ad yet?

In the past, CF has advertised with rides that don’t even exist at the park in the commercial. IMG_4330.jpeg

7 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Could it be that the advert was paid and purchased for while the ride still existed, prior to the call to demolish it?  

Could they have outsourced the ad managing to a third party, and the third party hasn’t removed the ad yet?

In the past, CF has advertised with rides that don’t even exist at the park in the commercial. IMG_4330.jpeg

1. No. Facebook ads would not be scheduled out 5 months. Plus it could have been altered, even after publishing. 

2. Even if it was third party (it wasn’t), KI could have vetted the content. They didn’t.

3. There is a difference between using an nondescript defunct ride in an ad and blatantly advertising that you can ride a ride that was removed.

You sure are quick to defend him with weak arguments. Almost like you’re being fed what to say… hmmmm…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, teenageninja said:

Ryan woke up this morning and chose violence.  I love it.

Haven't spent more than 2 hours in the park since they tore down Vortex.  Not really doing much to keep me interested either.

It’s a good day to have a good day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

There is a difference between using a nondescript defunct ride in an ad and blatantly advertising that you can ride a ride that was removed.

There’s also a difference between using “stock images“ and showing an attraction that’s been recently removed from the park you’re advertising for. Using Pipeline Paradise in a KI advertisement is no different than using Slingshot, Vortex, or Firehawk in the same way. 

“Hey I thought Kings Island removed this attraction but I see it on their advertisement.”

17 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

“Wait. We have a waterpark???”

You don't know how many times I heard that working there.

Ironically enough, I'm not personally surprised with how things are going. Great people make great programs/objectives, it doesn't take too much to ruin what was a great team at the park. As for the corporate criticism, it's corporate media that isn't often checked upon too often. Heck KI was promoting BB well into 2013 iirc. As for how things have been going and from what I've been hearing it's disappointing.