Recording On Boo Blasters?

kingsislandfan1972

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

According to the park FAQ the answer is no.

Camera Policy

For safety reasons, on-ride photography of any kind is prohibited on all rides except the Eiffel Tower and the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad. 

Subject to change / subject to availability tho. 

I can almost 100% guarantee you they won’t say anything if you pull your phone out on the carousal. :P

I took some photos from whatever the Nickelodeon name was for Woodstock Whirlybirds (originally Lazytown Sportacopters I think?) back in 2006 and nothing was said. I don't think Paramount had a camera prohibition for it on their safety guide sign either. I know Paramount officially didn't care about cameras on the original Antique Cars but I'm not sure about KMAA. I've seen photos and videos from KMAA but that might be a matter of the crew not enforcing rather than the actual fine print on the sign.

Boo Blasters has security cameras throughout and if someone uses a camera with video night vision mode on (IR mode) it would blind the cameras and white-out the monitor for each one getting hit by the IR.

On 11/19/2023 at 5:01 PM, Tr0y said:

Subject to change / subject to availability tho. 

I can almost 100% guarantee you they won’t say anything if you pull your phone out on the carousal. :P

You jest, however I have personally experienced them stopping the carousal for someone taking their phone out just this past summer! Ride-op literally cleared it for start up and literally stopped it within a couple of seconds because a lady took her phone out to take a picture/video of her child. Ride-op spoke to the woman, warned her, let her take the photo and resumed the operation of the ride. It was all pretty wild to say the least. 

• Sad 1

On 11/19/2023 at 9:36 PM, MaestroJr said:

It’s funny how they say it’s for safety reasons but I’ve recorded countless POVs on the Haunted Mansion at WDW and they do not care, I really just don’t think they want you to at Kings Island. 

At Disney your lucky if they check your restraint it seems like.  Tower of Terror you raise your  hands and they just do a visual check. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

At Disney your lucky if they check your restraint it seems like.  Tower of Terror you raise your  hands and they just do a visual check. 

ToT lets the ops know if the seat belts are buckled. You raise your hands so the restraints can go down lol 

On 11/21/2023 at 3:12 AM, PKIDelirium said:

. I know Paramount officially didn't care about cameras on the original Antique Cars but I'm not sure about KMAA. I've seen photos and videos from KMAA but that might be a matter of the crew not enforcing rather than the actual fine print on the sign.

Non drivers can take photos/videos on KMAA. 

• Like 3