New digital marketing manager at KI

jdf21972

I just created an account on here specifically to post about this as I have seen and heard from so many guests about the positive impact this young woman had made on them I am very excited to see what she will do with the park! She was extremely kind to me and my family when we went 

• Like 5

Maybe with this new role, Elizabeth will be able to to much more. I'm assuming with the more time she's there, the more she will be able to do. She was only an intern until this point so I'm hoping this will allow her to to much more with less burocracy in the way. Of course, she isn't a supervisor or director, but this is a higher position than intern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor.B03 said:

Maybe with this new role, Elizabeth will be able to to much more. I'm assuming with the more time she's there, the more she will be able to do. She was only an intern until this point so I'm hoping this will allow her to to much more with less burocracy in the way. Of course, she isn't a supervisor or director, but this is a higher position than intern.

I think, in the past, the title was "Area Manger, Digital Communications" ( or maybe social media?)

8 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Not a good start….

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 1.23.14 PM.jpeg

Expect the comment to be hidden. #AAAIIP

I was actually there when this photo was sent to her from the elf in the cookie picture and actually a few of us from the parade staff were sending her photos that we thought would be cool posts and then she went through the permission process with each of us while we were all there so to me this sounds like someone just wanted clout…..

8 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Not a good start….

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 1.23.14 PM.jpeg

Expect the comment to be hidden. #AAAIIP

• Like 2

On 12/10/2023 at 9:59 PM, JParks38 said:

I was actually there when this photo was sent to her from the elf in the cookie picture and actually a few of us from the parade staff were sending her photos that we thought would be cool posts and then she went through the permission process with each of us while we were all there so to me this sounds like someone just wanted clout…..

I’m not doubting you. But one of the photos wasn’t cited, and the person who took the photo called it out. The guy who took the photo has been around for a long time and has shared his photos with the park on countless occasions. I’m not saying that Elizabeth did this on purpose, but it was an oversight that she was quickly called on. Lesson learned. 

• Like 1

We will not turn this into a nitpick everything that Elizabeth does thread. It is time to move on from the past and look forward.  The KIC admin have allowed the emotions of losings Don on the forums. Sometimes with a lot of hesitation because it can also snowball out of hand. Now that the position is filled, it's time to look forward. Calling out every little thing the Comms team does will not help the park, KIC, or the enthusiast community as a whole.  Constructive criticism occasionally is fine. 

Elizabeth is now fresh into the field. We have seen her awesome video work while she was in her video role. (I know I have been impressed.) We can't hold the position she holds now (that was previously occupied by Don) to skew our views of her or her abilities. She totally deserves a chance by everyone in the enthusiast community to learn and grow into her new role. She is not going to walk into it and be perfect. No one will. Don had a lot of years to fine tune that role, along with working with the previous KI PR people all the way back to his Racer riding days. That is experience a college classroom can't give you. 

With all that said. I now want to formally welcome Elizabeth to her new position of digital marketing manager at Kings Island. KIC wishes you the best of luck in your new role. We look forward to watching you grow your career at Kings Island and in the industry.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to say I'm shocked, but I'm not surprised. Without a single interaction I have been blocked by her on Facebook and Twitter.
0?ui=2&ik=8d89d51845&attid=0.1&permmsgid

I would have hoped that someone new in this role would want to reach out to those who support the park and can paint it into a positive picture, sharing news, etc. but guess not. 

Very sad slope that the park has slipped into. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

I mean not necessarily, but the Facebook group that she was a member in has the rule of not blocking admins or moderators...so interaction would be utilized there. Twitter no, however, if used for work than yes. 

This young woman has a bunch of randos discussing her career—in detail—on a forum website. I understand why she might be a bit guarded. 

• Like 7

Let her have a personal life. Obsessing over getting blocked by someone's personal page shows how creepy and obsessive that is.

It's going too far. Let people figure out their careers on their own. If you don't like it, apply for the job yourself or get off social media altogether.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I don't know this person myself, but I do wish her the best of success in this role and I hope she climbs the corporate ladder very very quickly. If this merger happens, the world can be at her doorstep.

Criticism of Chad's career and mistakes, I can see as he is old and has been elsewhere.

This is her first time getting into the pool and she was kind of thrown in. Let's help her swim, and hope the best of the best rides to the top and the worst is flushed out of the sand filter. 

• Like 5

And to be fair, she is human. We all are. Expecting perfection from anyone is literally the worst thing anyone can do and expecting her to be Don isn't fair. It shouldn't be viewed as her standing in his shadow, but her rising to the occasion and giving her a chance to shine and bring her own brand in. 

• Like 7