Top Thrill 2 and Fastlane

On 4/22/2024 at 9:18 PM, Kenban said:

Except this was not a loose item that made it onto the train, it was thrown from the line.  There is little parks can do except make ride paths not come close to guests to protect riders from people not even on the ride.  Those packets of hot sauce were thrown at the ride vehicle, and likely would have done very little if they had made it onboard and just fallen from someone’s pocket.

While goggles might have helped in this one instance, loose phones and other large objects coming loose at 100+ MPH or 400+ feet in the air are a larger concern.

Here is a guest who received a concussion last year on Maverick.

Left partially blinded by cell phone on El Toro.

Broken nose and left a bloody mess from a cell phone on Iron Gwazi

There are a lot of instances of cell phones causing injuries.

Yes but my point being is that objects that are not metal, can still be brought onto the ride. There is a reason the TSA x-rays you, your belongings and doesn’t solely rely on metal detectors. 

I think what needs to be noted here is this is a response to what happened in 2021. Its a reactive gesture, not a proactive one. 

The ability to have your cell phone and other "loose" articles secured in a pocket, sunglasses on the head with a strap, etc, were allowed before on the original ride because it was not deemed a direct issue so long as items small enough to fit in the person's pockets could be safely stored on said person. Anything bigger needed to be placed into a locker or left with a non-rider just like any other ride for the most part minus SV. And of course depending on the day, heck, even the hour, even certain fanny packs were not allowed past the line operator. 

Granted the accident happened due to a part of the train itself striking a guest waiting in line and not an item unsecured by a rider, this is just that reactive response to try and omit that possibility of any more bad press on this ride all together. They don't want another Son of Beast on their hands ( multiple complaints/accident/neutering-new trains and reopening/another massive complaint then closure=lots of lost money and not so favorable reputation ) That doesn't negate the fact that there absolutely needs to be a free locker system to ensure less fuss with guests and promote a more stress-free experience for all-and I will repeat that statement with my whole chest out. 

Think the bigger issue will be anyone with loose fitting shoes having to be removed before the queue - which means you are basically barefoot for a considerable amount of time on gross, dirty, hot concrete - and what is considered loose fitting shoes by one queue entrance attemdant may not be considered loose fitting shoes by the next (no surprise as CP always has inconsistencies in enforcing their policies)

Loose-fitting shoes (any shoe without a strap or back, such as flip-flops or sandals) are not permitted past the entrance. Please keep this in mind, as you may not enter the line barefoot nor leave your shoes near the ride’s entrance.

4 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Think the bigger issue will be anyone with loose fitting shoes having to be removed before the queue - which means you are basically barefoot for a considerable amount of time on gross, dirty, hot concrete - and what is considered loose fitting shoes by one queue entrance attemdant may not be considered loose fitting shoes by the next (no surprise as CP always has inconsistencies in enforcing their policies)

Loose-fitting shoes (any shoe without a strap or back, such as flip-flops or sandals) are not permitted past the entrance. Please keep this in mind, as you may not enter the line barefoot nor leave your shoes near the ride’s entrance.

Doesn't the next sentence say you are not allowed in line barefoot....

So you either are wearing shoes that are acceptable or you are not allowed in line.

So she says they made her take her Apple Watch off as well.  Yet let her keep those earrings in.  She even mentions during the ride that she is surprised the earrings stayed in.

I would think earrings would have an easier time flying off than a watch?

https://www.13abc.com/2024/04/25/heres-first-look-top-thrill-2/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR05ZxogQjOyFdHtrafpFLcjmBrU9fq7t3Vux5HrO2vLnU2xhkNEz4D5rOQ_aem_ATnRg2iaAkqROA1uceu2bC-NRvA7drTTn-MgJ_2iIlGpol-SEXULUvnBecDzO-VSWqlke-f5ofPpF3U1xPRru8rg

14 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

So she says they made her take her Apple Watch off as well.  Yet let her keep those earrings in.  She even mentions during the ride that she is surprised the earrings stayed in.

https://www.13abc.com/2024/04/25/heres-first-look-top-thrill-2/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR05ZxogQjOyFdHtrafpFLcjmBrU9fq7t3Vux5HrO2vLnU2xhkNEz4D5rOQ_aem_ATnRg2iaAkqROA1uceu2bC-NRvA7drTTn-MgJ_2iIlGpol-SEXULUvnBecDzO-VSWqlke-f5ofPpF3U1xPRru8rg

You got to be kidding, that's going to be ****ty if you can't wear your smart watch

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Take the Apple Watch off as well?? Wow! They really do want you to pay for a locker. :P

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

You got to be kidding, that's going to be ****ty if you can't wear your smart watch

Yep.  Watch the video.  At around the 50 second mark she says she had to take her lanyard, earbud, and Apple Watch off.  Yet those big@$$ earrings were perfectly acceptable...

image.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Yep.  Watch the video.  At around the 50 second mark she says she had to take her lanyard, earbud, and Apple Watch off.  Yet those big@$$ earrings were perfectly acceptable...

image.png

They got me then, I was going to leave cell phone at hotel and just use smart watch. I'm buying lockers now. 

29 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

They got me then, I was going to leave cell phone at hotel and just use smart watch. I'm buying lockers now. 

It could always change between now and opening weekend.  Watches seem a little excessive since they allow glasses with a strap and as of right now earrings, but who knows.

• Like 2

Well, with media day over it's encouraging that I haven't seen or heard of any issues with the ride itself.  We'll see how this holds up next weekend but I'm pretty impressed with no "bumps" in the road.  Nice job CP and Zamperla.  Hope it stays up so I can get a ride on my 55th birthday when I'm up there May 29th!

I wasn't sure I'd be able to do one of the preview events. Found out my schedule for the week (next week) and was able to get off of work early enough on Thursday to head to the point for a preview night before spending the weekend in Sandusky for opening weekend! 

4 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Has this ride had any downtime since it's been open?  If so, I haven't heard anything about it!  

If this continues, zamperla just might be the Next Big Thing.

I’ve only heard of it having issues when running in the rain. Other than that it’s been very reliable as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Has this ride had any downtime since it's been open?  If so, I haven't heard anything about it!  

If this continues, zamperla just might be the Next Big Thing.

I watched a vlogger on youtube at the prestige preview day, showing it down for a little while. He said he got there really early that day, just incase that happened, so he wouldn't miss riding it. Beachcliff studios

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 4:35 PM, LuvingKI said:

I think it would be worth it just for TT2, even though you can only use once. Though you can buy 1 time passes for each top ride if you feel the need, I heard that they're not going to sell single use passes for TT2 this year.

Update, whatever CP employee said they wasn't going to sale single use fastlanes this year for TT2 was either wrong or they couldn't resist the money it will bring. There is a FL kiosk outside TT2

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

Update, whatever CP employee said they wasn't going to sale single use fastlanes this year for TT2 was either wrong or they couldn't resist the money it will bring. There is a FL kiosk outside TT2

I wonder how much it will cost? That could be a real time saver for me on my upcoming trip 

38 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

I wonder how much it will cost? That could be a real time saver for me on my upcoming trip 

If I was to bet, I'd say 30.

1 hour ago, johnjniehaus said:

Currently the most expensive single use Fastlane at KI is Orion and it costs $12.50 so if I had to guess TT2 would be around $15.

2 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

I'll find out this weekend and share here :)

I'm going with $25 for single use and 2.5 hour FastLane waits :P

Hopefully I just set the bar low and when it is $15 and 1 hour waits, people will think it is great LOL.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Currently the most expensive single use Fastlane at KI is Orion and it costs $12.50 so if I had to guess TT2 would be around $15.

I seen Steel Vengeance 25 on a weekend last year and 15 to 20 on week day