Coney Mall Subway Becomes Coney Mall Cocktails

Taylor.B03

That spot behind the Brewhouse is a treasure of relaxation. That is my go to when I need a way overpriced beer and a comfy chair to take in the sounds and sights of the park and maybe get to know other people enjoying the park that day. I sure hope that would never become VIP spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbeast said:

That spot behind the Brewhouse is a treasure of relaxation. That is my go to when I need a way overpriced beer and a comfy chair to take in the sounds and sights of the park and maybe get to know other people enjoying the park that day. I sure hope that would never become VIP spot.

SHHHHHH! Don't give them that idea. I love sitting out there as well.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, disco2000 said:

They are trying to squeeze more nickels out of the passholders with meal/drink plans...

Correct, and with the whole industry on edge about fights and misbehavior in the parks, I’m not sure how wise of a move it is to continue to introduce such a thing.

But let’s not kid ourselves - this thing will be seldom open. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2024 at 9:28 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

Correct, and with the whole industry on edge about fights and misbehavior in the parks, I’m not sure how wise of a move it is to continue to introduce such a thing.

But let’s not kid ourselves - this thing will be seldom open. 

*New for 2024!* "Coney Mall Brawl"-come witness hammered strangers fight one another in the Midwest's largest entertainment center! Grab a seat and have a drunken good time!!! ***Show times may vary. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Cool they’re serving more cocktails but I wasn’t really all that impressed with the alcohol stand they added to Rivertown. Hopefully this one is better. 

Agreed. I was excited about that as well, but after seeing the actual product I was a bit let down. Looking forward to checking it out regardless!

On 3/22/2024 at 9:28 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

fights and misbehavior in the parks, I’m not sure how wise of a move it is to continue to introduce such a thing.

I'm generalizing here, but typically speaking there's not a lot of Venn overlap between people who would get in to a fistfight and those who can afford to get drunk at an amusement park. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

I'm generalizing here, but typically speaking there's not a lot of Venn overlap between people who would get in to a fistfight and those who can afford to get drunk at an amusement park. 

Ohhhhhhh, I'd have to disagree here. Worked at the park for a long time and I'd wager that the Venn Diagram you're envisioning looks more like a circle, especially during Haunt. @teenageninja would you agree?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

I think you're giving people WAY too much credit.

Beer ain't cheap at Bengals games, but the paddy wagons are always filled. 

OK, maybe it's just uniquely a southern Ohio thing where people are commonly both very stupid and simultaneously wealthy enough to afford large quantities of alcohol at captive audience prices?

As I said, I'm making a generalization, which was in part a joke, and was not an absolute, blanket statement of fact. That you can point to anecdotal exceptions is great and all, but not a compelling counter argument to the point I was making, which is that making alcohol available at the old Subway location isn't likely to have any measurable impact on the quantity of "fights and misbehavior" exists at amusement parks.

5 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

Oh they find a way. :D

But seriously, I’m not saying it’ll make the bad crowd worse. I’m saying it could make a good crowd bad in addition to the bad crowd. 

8 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

maxresdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

OK, maybe it's just uniquely a southern Ohio thing where people are commonly both very stupid and simultaneously wealthy enough to afford large quantities of alcohol at captive audience prices?

As I said, I'm making a generalization, which was in part a joke, and was not an absolute, blanket statement of fact. That you can point to anecdotal exceptions is great and all, but not a compelling counter argument to the point I was making, which is that making alcohol available at the old Subway location isn't likely to have any measurable impact on the quantity of "fights and misbehavior" exists at amusement parks.

Hang on there, cowboy, I'm not offering a "counter-argument." Those people are gonna get drunk and fight whether they're doing subway shots with mayonnaise floaters and Italian BMT garnish, or, slamming back pints of that weird blueberry ice cream beer. Not so much a Southern Ohio thing, more of a... human thing.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

Hey, I take offense to this! I’m in no way wealthy! 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...