Wolfpack building activity

SonofBaconator

This is what i posted in the previous thread: 

"So, its not really anything scarily important, and I totally didn't even ever think to mention it here until now, but I visited the park with a group of friends on October 17th this year, when being curious and checking out the SOB area, the original entrance plaza and the ramp entrance that leads to the station that usually has a padlocked gate was just kind of wide open, padlock off the gate, gate wide open, didn't even cross my mind to get a photo of it because when I saw it open I immediately found a park employee to inform them that it was just open. My best guess is whoever is/was doing that survey work relating to the station left the gate open accidentally, the employee closed the gate after they saw it though So yeah, nothing serious but I figured you all would get a kick out of it lol"

this was back in 2020 so very likely to not be related, but, who knows maybe they did some minor preliminary assessment and then chess pieces got shuffled internally by Cedar Fair corporate, and any project that was planned there/beginning to be planned was pushed to this year, before being pushed again, and that's why we got adventure port this year last minute.

kind of fits the whole "two years out" trend, wouldn't be insane to think the park was doing some preliminary/tertiary infrastructure work while that water line project was happening (if they have crews out why not have them do all the work you'll need done in the near future), and then things got reshuffled and the work they had crews doing while they were potentially out there anyways, and any project that this potential preliminary/tertiary work was related to just hasnt kicked up again until now.

also kind of makes sense that we were seeing outpost five "teasers" and references at Cedar Point around the time this work was being done, and how now with Adventure port, we've seen more southern yellow pine, and outpost references once again (along with that RMC outpost 5 tweet lol)

I know if your search through this thread there are a few more posts mentioning seeing work being done on the SOB station, but who knows.         I do know these speculation threads are super fun

Edited by Bwb.32
additional content
  • Like 2

Screenshot_20200813-195606.png
good catch here about some teasing done in the newish FOF theming, 
something is really telling me 2023 was not intended to be an "off" year (yes obviosuly we got A.P. but maybe we got A.P. because 2023 was pushed to 25?

and this is one of the electric boxes that was flagged in 2020, right next to the gate that i caught being wide open lol
makes me wonder if they werent entierely just burying lines and cleaning things up, but were also reconnecting some services. (posted by Gforce1994 on august 13, 2020)
90A4464A-A619-4181-A1C4-6985AB1AC240.jpeg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bwb.32 said:

something is really telling me 2023 was not intended to be an "off" year (yes obviosuly we got A.P. but maybe we got A.P. because 2023 was pushed to 25?

It's very apparent that Adventure Port was a last-minute decision for the 2023 season. Mike Koontz stated in an interview that they haven't decided the new rides for Adventure Port until late July, early August of last year. Also, the ball for slingshot got repainted for 2022 despite that ride never opening and being demolished mid-season. I believe it was speculated in another thread that the Top Thrill Dragster refurbishment going on at Cedar Point may have delayed a major addition for Kings Island that could've originally been scheduled for 2023 or 2024. This is just my speculation so I can't really say for certain what the original plan was, or if Dragster even delayed anything for us to begin with.

• Like 4

pretty much where my heads at, I dont want to start counting my chickens just yet, but this has been a very exciting "development", especially with the consideration of some of the other factors at play here, and potential teasers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bwb.32 said:

pretty much where my heads at, I dont want to start counting my chickens just yet, but this has been a very exciting "development", especially with the consideration of some of the other factors at play here, and potential teasers

I feel you there. It's still entirely within the realm of possibility that this could just be for something minor like demolition or a new haunt attraction. I don't want to put myself in the mindset that this is going to be anything more than that, especially since I feel it would make more sense to put something major in Vortex's plot first since the land has already been cleared there and is much more of an eyesore in my opinion. If we start seeing stuff like land clearing or RMC trucks showing up on-site, then it would be an appropriate time to freak out.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

I feel you there. It's still entirely within the realm of possibility that this could just be for something minor like demolition or a new haunt attraction. I don't want to put myself in the mindset that this is going to be anything more than that, especially since I feel it would make more sense to put something major in Vortex's plot first since the land has already been cleared there and is much more of an eyesore in my opinion. If we start seeing stuff like land clearing or RMC trucks showing up on-site, then it would be an appropriate time to freak out.

the biggest factors that have me leaning this direction, are if the park had this in the works for some time, prior to Vortex being removed or right in that jumbled mess, (man the pandemic really made a mess of things lol), since if I'm remembering correctly Firehawk was down and work had already begun on Orion at that time, its not out of the realm of possibility IMO that things may have been already moving on usage for SOB plot of land and then it was found that Vortex was going to kick the bucket. 

seeing what happened with Canada's wonderland and the postponement of Yukon Striker and the originally planned project moving to Cedar Point.   Makes me want to think that maybe one or more manufacturers had already been selected and or begun work, for an addition to this area, and it didn't make fiscal sense to have the project moved to another park, or something of the like, so instead its been postponed until now'ish (because we all know no manufacturer is gonna complain about taking money from a amusement business and holding onto it for a while lmao)

i mean technically speaking isnt Orion the giga that was originally for CGA? or something?? 
if so its also not entirely impossible to think that the park has wanted to make movement in the SOB area even prior to Orion, and the whole Vortex/Firehawk mess sparked that movement, pushing those plans to 2023, and then pandemic/top thrill dragster, caused another push to 2025?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KIfan73 said:

Just thought I'd share some views of that area circa 2008...

031.JPG

058.JPG

059.JPG

wonder what date exactly these photos came from, 2008 season was the first year i got to ride SOB finally, even without the loop i loved it.

Heres hoping for more giant rose bowls on wooden coasters! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bwb.32 said:

i mean technically speaking isnt Orion the giga that was originally for CGA? or something??

It's a bit unrelated to the thread topic but this is something I found very intriguing a while back. When the speculation on Orion began in 2019, we started seeing two sets of B&M track showing up at clermont steel fabricators. One set of brown track that was labeled "MCR" which ended up being for Candymonium and blue track labeled "MCT" that ended up being for Orion. The way B&M track is labeled is whatever model they are (MC being for mega coaster, a.k.a. hyper coaster) and third letter that correlates with the number of the coaster for that specific model (So think Apollo's Chariot being MCA or Raging Bull being MCB). This was also how it was found out that Yukon Striker was designed before Valravn because it was a letter behind, despite opening three years later. Candymonium (MCR) and Orion (MCT) both opened in 2020, but we never saw anything relating to a MCS which should've been designed in-between Candymonium and Orion. I always wondered if this MCS was supposed to be CGA's Hyper before it got cancelled.

• Like 5

Off topic, but the fun that could be had with some simple Photoshop and an "another fine project of RMC banner" hanging on the station. The amount of little effort that could go into trolling the entire coaster community would be a fun time had by the KI marketing department. I'm sure you could honestly get RMC in on it too

• Haha 2

that seems likely, my stab at it is that either B&M and/or the manufacture plant uses those designations to coincide with an internal filing structure they use, so its possible IMO that financially Orion is CGA's hyper/giga, and they skipped a letter because, had they used S for Orion (when the project was transitioned into Orion) that reference may has led employees to files/information to the canceled CGA project, so the letter T was used as its next and could/would refer only to the Orion project files.

manufacturing codes are weird, coming from someone whos worked in large CNC operations, sometimes it means everything, sometimes it means nothing. But that's my guess, probably is nothing more than what they had to do to make sure employees manufacturing parts don't make the wrong ones lmao

• Like 1

I am almost positive the missing letter was the hyper for CGA.  The codes are from B&M and designate the design, the first two are the type of coaster, MC standards for Mega Coaster, and the 3rd letter is the actual layout.  If you order a clone of an existing ride it will have the same 3 letter code as the original.  The missing letter pretty much signifies someone paid B&M for a design of a Hyper/Giga which has not been produced.  It has been revealed that Cedar Fair had gone as far as ordering the trains for the coaster before it was cancelled.  I cannot imagine they did that before the design was effectively finished.

• Like 3

doesnt really means anything in regards to production though, they likely did have all the production files ready and then canned it and used the funds paid to B&M already towards Orion.

Financially its a win for B&M they got paid, they got to design a ride thats fully on paper is ready to go and be produced for any park that may want it.
And Cedar Fair got Orion in return

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, KIfan73 said:

Just thought I'd share some views of that area circa 2008...

031.JPG

058.JPG

059.JPG

I know SOB was a janky ride but I really do miss it. Even if there's a miniscule chance that a redo of it would ever happen I would be glad, there was just something about that ride. It may have jackhammered and beat you around like a ragdoll, but it had a feeling I just can't describe. I may just be wishful thinking but I hope someday that Number 5 is alive, even if it has a new name.

Sorry for the rambling the pictures really awoke something in me :lol:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, TheBeast54 said:

I know SOB was a janky ride but I really do miss it. Even if there's a miniscule chance that a redo of it would ever happen I would be glad, there was just something about that ride. It may have jackhammered and beat you around like a ragdoll, but it had a feeling I just can't describe. I may just be wishful thinking but I hope someday that Number 5 is alive, even if it has a new name.

Sorry for the rambling the pictures really awoke something in me :lol:

That first drop was just amazing.

Is anyone at the park today seeing anything new?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

That first drop was just amazing.

Is anyone at the park today seeing anything new?

And in doing so, please respect boundaries of the park.  The mention of this on social media has folks going down and entering restricted areas to try to get better pics.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, disco2000 said:

And in doing so, please respect boundaries of the park.  The mention of this on social media has folks going down and entering restricted areas to try to get better pics.

Thanks, Disco

Any pictures taken or posted from unauthorized areas are prohibited on KIC.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, disco2000 said:

That's really unfortunate. Are they trying to get closer to the station using the SoB exit ramp or queue? Seems security needs to be stationed in that area.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it has been both.  Someone always feels the need to be the first to share something.  And because of that they miss something obvious being built that can be seen from legally allowed areas lol...is it for Haunt or something else...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Unfortunately it has been both.  Someone always feels the need to be the first to share something.

Let me guess...it will be a YouTube video with either "BREAKING NEWS" or "Xxxxx...LEAKED" or "WE WENT TO Kings Island AND SAW THIS..."

Unfortunately, for clicks or a sense of hubris, YouTuber coaster enthusiasts can be annoying.  Not all, but the bad apples definitely stink and rot the space. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Let me guess...it will be a YouTube video with either "BREAKING NEWS" or "Xxxxx...LEAKED" or "WE WENT TO Kings Island AND SAW THIS..."

Unfortunately, for clicks or a sense of hubris, YouTuber coaster enthusiasts can be annoying.  Not all, but the bad apples definitely stink and rot the space. 

Don't forget about the ones that simply repost official park announcements and make it like it is an exclusive lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Unfortunately it has been both.  Someone always feels the need to be the first to share something.  And because of that they miss something obvious being built that can be seen from legally allowed areas lol...is it for Haunt or something else...

Right. The station is clearly visible from The Bat's exit path. There's no need to trespass to make clickbait videos with names like "OMG Son of Beast IS RETURNING???? 300+ FT TALL???"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And gee, just think, probably something as simple as a Tweet that said "We are just gutting the building of the Wolfpack maze" or whatever would put a stop to so much of that garbage... but that would be approaching actual disclosure and we know that everything in the industry is Classified as if it was the key to the nuclear football.

"No decision has been made at this time" :rolleyes: if anyone remembers back to December of 2012.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Don't forget about the ones that simply repost official park announcements and make it like it is an exclusive lol

Or post from a Haunt queue line and claim "EXCLUSIVE BEHIND THE SCENES TOUR OF ORION CONSTRUCTION SITE!!!!!" (I'm 92% sure that happened).

• Haha 2