Kings Island General Discussion 2024

Imperial79

On 9/21/2024 at 11:24 PM, Losantiville Mining Co. said:

Has anyone else noticed the new digital signs that have popped up around the park? They seem to be in places that used to have either a park map display (where the interactive map screens used to be) and where the advertising boards were. Specifically, there is one in the calendar date planter and another on the side of the Eiffel Tower near French Corner with others around the park. 

Thoughts? Ideas of why the park replaced the physical map boards? I think they're kinda neat because they're new :)

Yep, even got a photo.

PXL_20240922_162742008.jpg

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, CoasterJack said:

Hmmmm, part of me sees this as a great way to display wait times like they did a few years ago, or promote shows, special events, food items, etc.

On the other hand, this seems like prime Six Flags advertising space. Tricks and Treats sponsored by Snickers ;)

better than plastering vinyl advertisements on rides trains lol

3 hours ago, Bwb.32 said:

better than plastering vinyl advertisements on rides trains lol

Very true. I think I've said before but done right sponsorships can benefit parks, especially when covering a new ride expense. Like let's say KI builds a peanuts dark ride, what if they cover $1-2 million in expenses by having the ride presented or sponsored by P&G. No tacky ride car vinyl wraps, but like their name under the sign enterance, and at the end of the ride as you exit there's Pig Pen washing his clothes using Tide with an cute animatronic promoting their products. Nothing super flashy, but enough to warrant P&G being willing to cover part of the ride construction or maintenace. Then at the end of the contract the company either renews or drops, either way if this is able to expand the ride budget slightly I'm all for it.

A run away mine car coaster in the Crypt building, presented by Kroger, maybe a small display at the exit featuring the kroger people running with shopping carts from a temple boulder chasing them, promoting Kroger delivery instead of "adventuring to the store". 

I think over the course of lets say 5-10 years, let's say 1-1.5 million people ride, or at least see the sign per year. That's 10 million people, would warrant at least a decent amount of companies willing to put some $$$ towards something.

Anyways, rant over...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Disney used to do this in order to help finance the rides at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.  The practice has fallen by the way side a bit, but I still believe that Test Track has a GM sponsorship.

I believe Tron Lightcycle Run is sponsored by Enterprise car rentals

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShedTreeBoi1 said:

I believe Tron Lightcycle Run is sponsored by Enterprise car rentals

Enterprise also sponsor's the people mover since it was dropped by Alamo. I think as long as it's not every single ride and a barrage of adverts, it's fine to have a few of there larger attractions, such as Tron, Test Track, etc. sponsored, especially if it's something guests frequently talk about

Back in the day RCA paid for pretty much half the build cost of Space Mountain at WDW, about $10M, which is insane for a sponsorship. 

• Like 1