Kings Island 2024 Food Reviews and Discussion

SmartCat7162

53 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It is really good. That might be the only thing I will be splurging on at GC.

Or you can get the Big Pretzel at the Brewhouse. Costs a bit more, but you get much more bang for your buck. 

• Like 2

From what I was told, only “paying customers” get a lid to go with their ICEE:

IMG_3965.jpeg
I guess all season drink plan plus folks are not “paying customers”???

2 hours ago, Tr0y said:

IMG_3965.jpeg

Those lids and loss of extra 4 ounces adds up quick LOL. 

Be glad they gave you the spoon straw :P

Was the chain grease on top of it an upcharge :P

19 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Those lids and loss of extra 4 ounces adds up quick LOL. 

Yet they provide lids for take home Skyline and Panda Express?

It makes zero sense.

9 hours ago, Tr0y said:

Yet they provide lids for take home Skyline and Panda Express?

It makes zero sense.

I may be wrong but Skyline and Panda Express are operated seperate from KI themselves.  I heard the decision to go from 2 entrees to 1 for the dining plan was done by Panda Express, not KI.

12 hours ago, Tr0y said:

IMG_3965.jpeg

I, for one, have no problems with the smaller cup and no lid.  The lid is just one more thing I'll throw away and I can always get another one in 15 minutes.  My grandchildren and I are truely enjoying the Icee option this season and get one every visit.

I, for one, have no problems with the smaller cup and no lid.  The lid is just one more thing I'll throw away and I can always get another one in 15 minutes.  My grandchildren and I are truely enjoying the Icee option this season and get one every visit.
Both the icee cup and the red cup are both 16 ounces.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

On 7/31/2024 at 7:24 AM, DispatchMaster said:

Were you... were you eating that thing directly off the table? :blink:

Yes. It was buffet style! :D

Nah, it’s served on a flat wood plank that is admittingly very close in color to the table. 

• Like 1

Has anyone had Chicken Shack lately? On opening day, they had the terrible frozen tenders that were so small. I have not eaten there since. Did they ever bring back the "hand breaded" tenders that are advertised on the side of building?

11 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Has anyone had Chicken Shack lately? On opening day, they had the terrible frozen tenders that were so small. I have not eaten there since. Did they ever bring back the "hand breaded" tenders that are advertised on the side of building?

Depends on if Sysco cut them a deal on the frozen minis! :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Any better?

image.png

Visited Chicken Shack early June and my chicken sandwhich was soggy in the wrapper and left a bad impression of the new quick service set up. However visited there again during the last week of July and happy to report a much better, cripsy sandwhich. In fact with a lot of fries it was one of the better experinces I've had in a while.

Also had a visit to Coney BBQ today and can confirm recieved a ton of Mac & Cheese as well as pulled pork, was not able to even finish it all!

On 8/4/2024 at 2:25 PM, Hoeter said:

Anyone know what brand they use at Coney Barbecue for the Carolina Mustard or if this is made at the park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I knew, it was Heinz.  Have not eaten here this season so it could be different now.

Kudos to KI for dealing with the dining pass tech glitch tonight in a guest positive way. Sometime around 5:30-6 they weren’t loading (at least at Enrique’s) so they were just manually tallying people who had them (and it you had the ap, asking if you could tap “pass add ons”  just to verify) would’ve been easy to say “ you’ll need to pay until we can get our system back up. Also when I asked at G&G if they could check and see when or if the scans ever went in they said “you can just use it again-we aren’t checking time” again would’ve been easy to say “there’s no way we can verify if it’s been 4 hrs,so sorry” the park does a lot of dumb things, but this was the way to handle this. I’m sure if word got out, people abused it, but you sometimes take that risk with guest centered decisions.

• Like 3

On 8/9/2024 at 9:54 PM, brenthodge said:

Kudos to KI for dealing with the dining pass tech glitch tonight in a guest positive way. Sometime around 5:30-6 they weren’t loading (at least at Enrique’s) so they were just manually tallying people who had them (and it you had the ap, asking if you could tap “pass add ons”  just to verify) would’ve been easy to say “ you’ll need to pay until we can get our system back up. Also when I asked at G&G if they could check and see when or if the scans ever went in they said “you can just use it again-we aren’t checking time” again would’ve been easy to say “there’s no way we can verify if it’s been 4 hrs,so sorry” the park does a lot of dumb things, but this was the way to handle this. I’m sure if word got out, people abused it, but you sometimes take that risk with guest centered decisions.

I think this is awesome. It's sad that there probably were people who took advantage of this situation, but I feel most folks try to be honest and I am grateful to hear that they still took care of folks. This is the kind of situation that when handled accordingly keeps people coming back and staying loyal customers.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 10:00 PM, Tr0y said:

IMG_3965.jpeg

**Update**

Lids are now provided upon request.

(Results may vary at IS location)

IMG_4090.jpeg

French Corner is closed with a sign by the door saying that they are "brewing up something special" that will be "coming this fall".

The partition in the dining area and the floor have been torn up inside, so it appears to be more than just a change in offerings. 

5 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

French Corner is closed with a sign by the door saying that they are "brewing up something special" that will be "coming this fall".

The partition in the dining area and the floor have been torn up inside, so it appears to be more than just a change in offerings. 

Another bar!

VIP area! :)

• Haha 1