Kings Island 2024 Food Reviews and Discussion

SmartCat7162

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

This just shows that people will buy whatever the park peddles.

I'm sure it was a tasty and well presented meal.  But they offer it on the meal plan. Let's see if there is an upcharge trial coming next...for only $5.00, you can add the chef's plate each time it's offered!  

If it goes well and dining plans continue to sell, they could roll this out to other areas...for only $5.00, you can add one side item at Coney BBQ! (But they have taken the side away and just give a hush puppy now). For only $5.00, you can super size you Skyline meal! ( While they make it the same size as ever, but half the size of the non upgraded choice)

Or, if you don't want up charges each visit, indulge in the super duper meal plan that gets you all the premium offerings...only $350/season for Gold passholders and $450 for Prestige passholders.

( They could even offer the double stack chicken, but the upcharge would have to be at least $8!).  ;)

No. Not buy “whatever the park peddles” but some of us can at least think more creatively than the management can about their own product. The park is clearly in the business of increasing pr cap spending. So I question who  this chefs plate was even intended for and what revenue they intended to drive from it. They did no marketing outside of their own social media and their affiliated copy and paste talking heads. They had no price on the sign. They offered no “wine pairing at time of purchase” which would’ve been a great add on. I’d venture 90% of the line stretched to the entrance got the Neal “for free”. By the time those people might’ve been eating out in the park and someone say “ that looks awesome, where did you get it?” They were sold out. The whole thing was tasty yet pointless from a business standpoint. They’ve had them so infrequently and so Kate in the season it wasn’t even a good way to build word of mouth about it as the season went on. You ideas- while good at increasing revenue seem like tacky cash grabs and aren’t organic. They didn’t have to make it part of the dining plan, and I venture would’ve been better had they not. To offer it at a reduced price or as“meal plan add on” is a more organic way of monetizing it better. Heck if they did this weekly then yes, provide a “meal plan deluxe” that includes monthly specials (that have gone extinct) and special features such as the chefs plate. 

@brenthodge, I wasn't necessarily talking about you, I am talking about the season pass base at Kings Island.

Six Flags is in this business to make money for the investors. So it's wise to try to extract dollars out of the customer base.  But, if they continue to degrade the service and people continue to purchase, it gives them incentive to degrade further.  If I recall correctly, you have brought this up about WinterFest, Grand Carnivale and earlier this year about a prop not working on the new roller coaster.  

They roll out these wonderful programs and activities to get to get the hook in, the passholders bite and the company reels them in on the line, and they sink money in, only to get fried on the experience. Not all the time, but it seems to be a pattern.

4 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

@brenthodge, I wasn't necessarily talking about you, I am talking about the season pass base at Kings Island.

Six Flags is in this business to make money for the investors. So it's wise to try to extract dollars out of the customer base.  But, if they continue to degrade the service and people continue to purchase, it gives them incentive to degrade further.  If I recall correctly, you have brought this up about WinterFest, Grand Carnivale and earlier this year about a prop not working on the new roller coaster.  

They roll out these wonderful programs and activities to get to get the hook in, the passholders bite and the company reels them in on the line, and they sink money in, only to get fried on the experience. Not all the time, but it seems to be a pattern.

Bait, AND switch! :P

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Oh yes - I agree on all that. My only point is I don't even know why they do things like Chef's Plate if they aren't using it to actually serve a purpose. Just like CARNIVALE was so misguided and poorly executed from a food ops standpoint, that I also don't know why they really bothered. If it doesn't justify itself financially it will be cut, and the line to the entrance shows there's demand. Now you have to wonder if it's true demand or it's "steak for free" demand. That's why I even suggest exploring the nominal upcharge idea ONLY FOR THINGS LIKE THAT to generate revenue so hopefully things like a flag in Snoopy's hand can maybe be replaced during the whole of the season. There just doesn't seem to be ANY creative thinking from the top anymore. It's "cut and cut" when you could actually "ADD, AND ADD, AND ADD" and increase revenue at a rate that exceeds the rate of investment. That just takes trust in your creative and planning people - THAT'S what I don't think exists anymore. It's easier to cut on the front end than to project out future revenue on the back end. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

Whoever approved that sign for public display deserves a talking-to.

"Service begins at 5PM until Supplies last" not only doesn't make sense, buy why the heck is "Supplies" capitalized?!?

Shouldn't it read "Service begins at 5PM while supplies last"?

I'd go even a bit classier and say "Limited availability. Tickets will be distributed to those in line beginning at 4:45 pm.  Service from 5pm until sell-out." 

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

Oh yes - I agree on all that. My only point is I don't even know why they do things like Chef's Plate if they aren't using it to actually serve a purpose. Just like CARNIVALE was so misguided and poorly executed from a food ops standpoint, that I also don't know why they really bothered. If it doesn't justify itself financially it will be cut, and the line to the entrance shows there's demand. Now you have to wonder if it's true demand or it's "steak for free" demand. That's why I even suggest exploring the nominal upcharge idea ONLY FOR THINGS LIKE THAT to generate revenue so hopefully things like a flag in Snoopy's hand can maybe be replaced during the whole of the season. There just doesn't seem to be ANY creative thinking from the top anymore. It's "cut and cut" when you could actually "ADD, AND ADD, AND ADD" and increase revenue at a rate that exceeds the rate of investment. That just takes trust in your creative and planning people - THAT'S what I don't think exists anymore. It's easier to cut on the front end than to project out future revenue on the back end. 

The park is being reimbursed by corporate whenever someone redeems a meal with their all season dining pass. Including Chefs plate. So even if you wanted to call it “steak for free” demand the park is getting paid per meal plan redemption.

I can almost guarantee what the park gets reimbursed from corporate is more than what it actually cost the park to make a single meal from Chef’s plate.

2 hours ago, Tr0y said:

The park is being reimbursed by corporate whenever someone redeems a meal with their all season dining pass. Including Chefs plate. So even if you wanted to call it “steak for free” demand the park is getting paid per meal plan redemption.

I can almost guarantee what the park gets reimbursed from corporate is more than what it actually cost the park to make a single meal from Chef’s plate.

cool - thats makes sense

On 8/28/2024 at 8:35 AM, DJSkyFoxx said:

Soon the rides will be sponsored by Sonder or Rhinegeist :lol:

….I approve of Rhinegeist, Sonder not so much.

BB1, more than willing to ride the Intamin green TRUTH sponsored by Rhinegeist coaster that ends with a micro brewery where one could get a Truth after riding TRUTH.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CedarPointer said:

I just don't understand doing specials when they fail to even get the basics right. This the same park that found a simple chicken sandwich to be an insurmountable obstacle.

You can still get the grilled chicken sandwich?

Its at Jukebox Diner.

On 8/31/2024 at 11:26 PM, BB1 said:

….I approve of Rhinegeist, Sonder not so much.

BB1, more than willing to ride the Intamin green TRUTH sponsored by Rhinegeist coaster that ends with a micro brewery where one could get a Truth after riding TRUTH.

Aww see I am team Sonder. But don't worry, there are plenty of sponsorship opportunities for both to make their stand! Or...errr..stumble...:lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...