Kings Island Announces Food and Wine Festival for 2024

3 minutes ago, robintodd said:

While we're at it might as well bring back Grad Nights :D

Isn't it a little bit of a mixed message when you're installing more "family friendly" rides and at the same time increasing the ability to have inebriated people walking around the park.  (Nothing like spending a day with Drunk Uncle at KI :) :) :))

Maybe the'll sereve a "Dirty Martini" at Pig Pen's Mess Hall :) 

"Drunk Uncle Brawls" will be occurring on the I-Street stage at the top of every hour. There will also be alcohol and side dishes served during this show so everyone can get in on the fun! ***The Park is not responsible for any injuries or the likes for participation

• Like 1

23 hours ago, teenageninja said:

If you can afford to get drunk at Kings Island, you probably aren't the type to cause trouble.

Now Halloween Haunt when the parking lots garbage cans are full of $10 handles of vodka and cases of beer, different story.

Eh. From my experience in my line of work, money ain't got nothin' to do with how proper a person acts. Whether you're choosing to spend $13-20 per drink or $2-5 a drink, drunk and stupid can be applicable to anyone regardless of financial status. Especially on a hot day in the summer sun. Alcohol can't replace water and some folks forget that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The setup is looking pretty nice so far throughout Tower Gardens with the tables and small Grand Carnivale-style tents, along with the decor in Oktoberfest to tie that area into the event as well.

It will be interesting to see how guests react to the offerings.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 7:57 PM, rlentless said:

With all the alcohol it is time to bring back the "Half Pint Brawlers".

It sounds like you're suggesting a fun and entertaining addition! The "Half Pint Brawlers" brought a unique and exciting energy. With all the alcohol flowing, their return could add some lively and memorable moments. Let's hope for some epic matches! Cheers!

I think they actually should keep this area “reserved” for this type of event. It lends itself really well to this and honestly gives the area more  “ROI” potential that allows them to justify better landscaping and furnishing. I don’t think it ALWAYS needs to be festival central, but it will be interesting to see if they leave a lot of this as is and roll into CARNIVALE. They could just keep it on into fall with a “BBQ AND BLUES” or other fall type festival, then just add the hooks on toP of the red trusses and wrap them as candy canes. 

• Like 2

The Food & Wine Festival could be a preview of the summer events that might replace Grand Carnivale at some point soon. Worlds of Fun and Dorney Park are both offering Summer Nights events instead of Grand Carnivale this season, so Kings Island might do something similar next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

The Food & Wine Festival could be a preview of the summer events that might replace Grand Carnivale at some point soon. Worlds of Fun and Dorney Park are both offering Summer Nights events instead of Grand Carnivale this season, so Kings Island might do something similar next year.

KI was actually originally supposed to introduce a Summer Nights event in 2020. I believe it was going to be in Action Zone, but Covid put it on hold and the park never brought it back. Same with the Island Nights they did in Soak City which idk why that hasn't been brought back.

Another event I would personally watch is Carowinds Summer Music Festival and if it is a success I could potentially see the other CF parks with these concert venues do something like it only if CF is willing to invest big money into updating these venues as Timberwolf is not anywhere near as nice as the Carowinds Palladium. 

• Like 3